Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
3332 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 13, 2013

Wouldn't enough reports result in a ban? I mean its obvious that one or two reports wont result in a ban. Still, don't be afraid to report if you see anything that shouldn't be permitted in Home. Like Sexual Harrasment, Stalking, etc. I've seen these since Home's early days.

 photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 51 of 77 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sophronia wrote:
To learn more about Home Moderators click here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.
To learn more about the Home Rules click here: Terms of Service.

Hope this helps!


 

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?


Hey there, 

 

if you want to report a moderator, you can send a PM to PSForumMods. Those reports are also checked daily and escalated in the appropriate way.

 

traWnza


Just to clarify, the accepted method to report a problem with moderation is still to send a PM to PSForumMods? I did so a week ago and the message has yet to be read. I see by checking the profile that the last sign in was on Feb 14th. Didn't you say that this would be checked daily? I also sent a message to MercuryValentine and Super_Nova2k13. They too failed to reply. I'd send another to you traWnza, but you hadn't replied in the past either. Thanks for at least reading them however.

 

Any other advice for how to get an answer from moderation? Thanks.

 

Message 52 of 77 (177 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 05/27/2009
Offline
12803 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013

Am i the only one here that random ban actually happens in LittleBigPlanet 2? 

 

I could tell that from the past...

 photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 53 of 77 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013

Has anyone else had any luck getting a reply from moderation?

Message 54 of 77 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/15/2009
Offline
2781 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013

myalana wrote:

Has anyone else had any luck getting a reply from moderation?


I did. It was a while ago, I cant remember when but it was shortly after Midway 3 was released. I had joined a queue to play one of the games during the free minute, after I had my go and finished a girl came over to me and said she reported me for queue jumping. I tried to chat to her to understand what she thought it was that I had done, but all she said was that she had reported me 4 times and that now I would get a ban.

 

I was a bit concerned and PM'd MercuryValentine. It took afew days (maybe 3 or 4), but she did reply to assure me that if I hadnt done anyhting wrong then I had nothing to worry about.

 

Time passed and I didnt receive a ban or warning or anything so I can assume moderation worked well for me.

 

It turned out, having noticed this girl again reporting people left, right and center for no apparent reason, that she mysteriously disappeared for a while (atleast I didnt see her at Midway 3 for atleast a week), so came to the assumption she recieved a ban herself for the false reports she had submitted about me and quite a few others. When she did return she didnt appear to be so quick reporting people.

Message 55 of 77 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sophronia wrote:
To learn more about Home Moderators click here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.
To learn more about the Home Rules click here: Terms of Service.

Hope this helps!


 

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?


Hey there, 

 

if you want to report a moderator, you can send a PM to PSForumMods. Those reports are also checked daily and escalated in the appropriate way.

 

traWnza


Since when ?

I've actually had issue with you in the past and you know why..and nothing was done or even said about it.

How can you report moderation when the moderators receive the report ?

Thats kinda like saying, "You have the right to free speech, but put this duct tape over your mouth".

Message 56 of 77 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/11/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013
why does anyone expect mods to manhandle their own i mean they're all buddies you think theyd fire each other yea like THATs gonna happen lol
Message 57 of 77 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
why does anyone expect mods to manhandle their own i mean they're all buddies you think theyd fire each other yea like THATs gonna happen lol

It's not about "firing each other" it's about asking for clarification. Reports are all well in good, but what if we wish to ask why a post was deleted or if certain material will be found objectionable? For that matter, it would be nice to know why a ban was enforced when no reason was given.

Message 58 of 77 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/11/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 25, 2013
it'd be nice to challenge a bad decision on their part doubt it will happen though they want clean records for annual appraisal like everybody else in the work force very probably when you ask about mod A or mod B they're the ones reading it so that don't help none either
Message 59 of 77 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 26, 2013

ANNO-DOMlNl wrote:
it'd be nice to challenge a bad decision on their part doubt it will happen though they want clean records for annual appraisal like everybody else in the work force very probably when you ask about mod A or mod B they're the ones reading it so that don't help none either

I wonder however what one is supposed to do when another user makes baiting, inflammatory offtopic comments and then edits their entire post to wipe it clean. I know moderation and MVPs are still able to see the original post despite it being edited. If a person or persons reported that thread, shouldn't it still be a reportable, perhaps a bannable offense? I've seen that happen more than once, but given that moderation won't respond, I have no idea how such actions are viewed.

Message 60 of 77 (48 Views)
0 Likes