Treasure Hunter
5870 posts

Re: repoerting

Feb 12, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ooOHinataOoo wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Yes it does work. 

What's with all these threads about reporting lately? Is it reporting season or something? Lol.

No idea. The new ignore feature works so well for me I don't feel the need to report anymore unless I get an interesting PM before I've had a change to mute them. I always get a kick though replying back saying I wonder if moderation will be interested in your proposition!

Smiley Wink

Ooh, nice come back. I got to use that one next time next time. *Smiles evilly*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 42 of 77 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Re: repoerting

Feb 13, 2013

Hey all, 

Just FYI:

Reporting another user does not automatically get them into trouble. The moderation team does review all reports and then takes the appropriate action. If you're innocent, then you have nothing to be worried about Smiley Happy

If someone accidentally reports someone, that won't count against them.... but if you start reporting someone over and over and over again for no reason.... we get grumpy. Smiley Mad

Using the block/ignore features on users that you find annoying is always best practice. 

Hope that clarifies some things!

traWnza

Message 43 of 77 (153 Views)
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 13, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sophronia wrote:
To learn more about Home Moderators click here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.
To learn more about the Home Rules click here: Terms of Service.

Hope this helps!

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?

Hey there, 

if you want to report a moderator, you can send a PM to PSForumMods. Those reports are also checked daily and escalated in the appropriate way.

traWnza

Message 44 of 77 (150 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sophronia wrote:

Hope this helps!

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?

Hey there, 

if you want to report a moderator, you can send a PM to PSForumMods. Those reports are also checked daily and escalated in the appropriate way.

traWnza

And so if a user is banned they must wait until the ban is over to send a PM to PSForumMods because to use another account to PM, would be "evading a ban" which is a bannable offense, yes? What if the user does not know which moderator imposed the ban or why?

In my experience, complaining about moderation in any way, shape, or form falls upon deaf ears. No action and no response (apart from the occasional deletion of posts about the aforementioned). Thanks for the info however traWnza.

Message 45 of 77 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ I suspect that if such a request came through an alternate account, the reply would be "we discuss bans only with the effected party," meaning that the banned individual would be required to prove that both accounts were his, which he can't.

However, on the board I administered back in the day, a banned user was still able to sent PM's, though only to moderators, even though banned. I suspect it's similar here.
Message 46 of 77 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
6759 posts

Feb 13, 2013

myalana wrote:

Trawnza wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Sophronia wrote:

Hope this helps!

Hey there, 

traWnza

And so if a user is banned they must wait until the ban is over to send a PM to PSForumMods because to use another account to PM, would be "evading a ban" which is a bannable offense, yes? What if the user does not know which moderator imposed the ban or why?

In my experience, complaining about moderation in any way, shape, or form falls upon deaf ears. No action and no response (apart from the occasional deletion of posts about the aforementioned). Thanks for the info however traWnza.

Hi myalana, 

yes... that is the case. you would have to wait until your suspension is up to dispute your ban. 

Come to think of it, you could also call Customer Service (for Home/PSN suspensions) or send an e-mail to community@playstation.sony.com for forum enquiries.

I'm sorry you've had that experience when you have complained about moderation. All I can say is keep submitting PMs to PSForumMods about it. Chances are you will get the responce you are looking for if the discussion is kept to PM in a respectful and constructive way.

Again, hope that helps!

Message 47 of 77 (127 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
:^/ I suspect that if such a request came through an alternate account, the reply would be "we discuss bans only with the effected party," meaning that the banned individual would be required to prove that both accounts were his, which he can't.

However, on the board I administered back in the day, a banned user was still able to sent PM's, though only to moderators, even though banned. I suspect it's similar here.

No sir. If one is banned, no PMs may be sent. This I know. Upon attempting login there is a message that reads something along the lines of : You have been banned from using this site for 10080 minutes reason for this ban:...and that's it. No means to send PMs.

When no reason is given and no recourse available, it tends to get a little frustrating waiting it out. After the fact, no explanantion is ever offered when inquiries are made either. I think the PM PSForumMods line is there to at least make it look as though the user has an avenue to discuss such matters. I've yet to have any success PMing moderation about anything.

Message 48 of 77 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3855 posts

Feb 13, 2013
:^/ So, if the ban is unjustified, and the banned user can prove it, -after the ban has run its course, of course- how does Sony make the lost time up to the wrongly banned individual?

What is Sony's position on that?
Message 49 of 77 (114 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

Hi myalana, 

yes... that is the case. you would have to wait until your suspension is up to dispute your ban. 

Come to think of it, you could also call Customer Service (for Home/PSN suspensions) or send an e-mail to community@playstation.sony.com for forum enquiries.

I'm sorry you've had that experience when you have complained about moderation. All I can say is keep submitting PMs to PSForumMods about it. Chances are you will get the responce you are looking for if the discussion is kept to PM in a respectful and constructive way.

Again, hope that helps!

Thanks,most of my PMs have been more questions than complaints. I'll keep the email in mind should I need it in the future.

I assure you that all of my PMs to moderation or staff (yourself included ma'am) have been respectful and concise but unfortunately, I cannot say that I have ever received any type of response. I do appreciate the reply and the additional information.

*Edit, in all fairness, I did receive one terse reply from GlassWalls, and Joystick_Warrior has messaged me back nearly everytime I have sent him a PM. I meant to say that moderation has yet to reply.

Message 50 of 77 (113 Views)
0 Likes