Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/02/2011
Offline
1346 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013
No there's nothing more to story.I never did anything to get reported.It was my 3rd day on home and I had just got on home and bought the assassins creed costume when I was asked to go to the party and all I said was no.That was also the first time I had ever talked to anybody.So unless I was standing in a illeagal stance I did nothing wrong.
Message 11 of 77 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013

Myself..i realized about 2 hrs into my first day on home..over 4 yrs ago..2 things..1] open mic wont work like this..2] if you type it,you own it..therefore..if you dont do anything to be singled out and get some SPECIAL attention,then its simple..NO worries...i think the mods are still in home,they just use a diff tact to seek out the offenders..thats obviously why there is NO appeal process,if it came from your ps3?..game over..I LOVE IT!...the beauty is in its simplicity..lol...Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 12 of 77 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/28/2011
Offline
2038 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

myalana wrote:

Conrad_Max wrote:

Soulycon wrote:

-Puts on glasses to look smart.-

 

If someone reports another user who did nothing.  The user who reported will get punished. 


Incorrect.

 

Reporting someone in error will not get a person into trouble. But habitually posting "false" reports will get you into trouble.

 

To the OP: If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. 


How do you know this? I'm quite curious. 

 

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I'm sure some would be happy with a "report all" feature. It must be annoying to sometimes freeze when trying to file a report before a space has even loaded. I've actually heard that "issue" brought up.

 

In all, all we can do is hope that moderation reviews the chatlog and punishes the appropriate person. Hopefully overzealous "good samaritans" aren't allowed to impose their particular interpretation of the TOS and get others in trouble through false reporting.


Apparently when you get banned it tells you or displays the reasoning to your ban, so I'm rather certain reports are judged by moderation.

You can't just be banned on wild assumptions, that would be rather unfair and would'nt make much sense since they would'nt be following there own rules of conduct very well if they just suspended every reported person with out reason.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 77 (192 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013
Sorry but I highly doubt that's true, about your story. Unless the MODs were lazy and being dumb. But, they need a reason.. I'm sure more was said than just NO, what you claim. LOL.
Message 14 of 77 (182 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 02/11/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013

as far as I know if innocent people get reported only guilty people get the spade. Don't fret girl

Message 15 of 77 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 03/02/2011
Offline
1346 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013
OK rramsdell this is gonna sound stupid but i'm gonna see what happens.I'm gonna get on 1 of my other ps3's and make another account and I'm gonna report my seamonster account for nothing at all.Yea just like I said it it stupid doing that but I just wanna see what happens and who gets bannedBecause I didn't do anything the first time and I got banned and I ain't done nothing this time but we will see what happens.
Message 16 of 77 (168 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/20/2008
Offline
1507 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013

The Drama continues...lmao..Smiley Very Happy

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 17 of 77 (161 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/11/2010
Offline
5381 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013
Trying to sound all innocent. LOL.
Message 18 of 77 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

LegoFire wrote:

Apparently when you get banned it tells you or displays the reasoning to your ban, so I'm rather certain reports are judged by moderation.

You can't just be banned on wild assumptions, that would be rather unfair and would'nt make much sense since they would'nt be following there own rules of conduct very well if they just suspended every reported person with out reason.

Shame that no reason is given for being banned from the forums. Apparently posting a picture of Justin Bieber's head on a bikini-clad girl's body is forbidden and a bannable offense (given that was the only post that was deleted), but seeing that no reason was given, one would have a hard time knowing for sure. It must be one of those grey areas that's left to the discretion of moderation. Ah well, I guess the fact that there's no recourse for the "offender" makes it more interesting for the enforcers of justice.

 

I expect this post to be deleted very soon and perhaps receive another vacation for my efforts.

Message 19 of 77 (158 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 02/11/2013
Offline
392 posts
 

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013

boobinz wrote:

The Drama continues...lmao..Smiley Very Happy


Home domestics gotta love em

Message 20 of 77 (154 Views)