Feb 12 2013
By: Mikoto-apple1005 Monster Hunter 37 posts

Does random reports makes people Ban ?

76 replies 633 views Edited Feb 12, 2013

Some people are mean seriously. stop reporting innocent people.

Message 1 of 77 (633 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4520 posts

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013
As long as you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.
Message 2 of 77 (614 Views)
Fender Bender
2356 posts

Feb 12, 2013

-Puts on glasses to look smart.-

If someone reports another user who did nothing.  The user who reported will get punished.  I think. 

But if the user did something bad than other people who read the text can report the person.  

... Again... I think.  :smileyindifferent:

Twitter: Soulycon
PSN: Soulycon
YouTube: Ashatote
Gaia Online: Buttsexy
Message 3 of 77 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6933 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Mikoto-apple1005 wrote:

Nope. When a report is made in HOME the MODS check to see what was said and done a few minutes before the report and a few minutes after the report. The MODS just don't take peoples word for it that somebody should get banned, the MODS see for themselves if someone should get banned. If you did not violate the PSN Terms of Service, then you will not get banned.

xDHeK.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 77 (594 Views)
VP of Gaming
26662 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Soulycon wrote:

If someone reports another user who did nothing.  The user who reported will get punished. 

Incorrect.

Reporting someone in error will not get a person into trouble. But habitually posting "false" reports will get you into trouble.

To the OP: If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 5 of 77 (545 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4487 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Yes, of course. So you better watch out! :smileyvery-happy:

YB

Message 6 of 77 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1314 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Well it might be different for some people that report for no reason cause I think it was my 3rd or 4th day on home ever I was just standing in Cp not bothering anybody and I got an invite to a party and I said no I would not like to go then they said ur gettting reported so I walk off then a few days later I was banned
Message 7 of 77 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4279 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Mikoto-apple1005 wrote:

That certainly used to be the case, but it appears Sony has cut back on their costs running Home, and moderation appears to have been affected as well, as it appears many if not most reports, false or real go by without any action or response.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 8 of 77 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 12, 2013
@ theseamonster...had to been more to your story. They need a REASON to ban you.

For myself. I was banned because I sent in multi reports and I didn't know any better. I had good INTENT because the users kept swearing and was abusing it big time. I got banned 7 days, even though I was trying to help. I was still fairly new to home at the time and I sent in multi reports on user, every time the user was swearing.

Its rare, I will ever report someone now. If you didn't do anything wrong, don't worrie about it.

One report will do and move on. Sometimes I will give warnings to the user, especially if its towards me.

Don't start a fight or sink to their level. Its just best to move on. And, only report once. Don't be afaird, if you think you aren't reporting right. MODs, will look at everything before they make the call.

People call you a snitch, report for bullying. Occasionally, I will report the typical noob that does, childish PERV move on female avatars. And, won't let up.
Message 9 of 77 (417 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

Soulycon wrote:

If someone reports another user who did nothing.  The user who reported will get punished. 

Incorrect.

Reporting someone in error will not get a person into trouble. But habitually posting "false" reports will get you into trouble.

To the OP: If you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. 

How do you know this? I'm quite curious. 

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I'm sure some would be happy with a "report all" feature. It must be annoying to sometimes freeze when trying to file a report before a space has even loaded. I've actually heard that "issue" brought up.

In all, all we can do is hope that moderation reviews the chatlog and punishes the appropriate person. Hopefully overzealous "good samaritans" aren't allowed to impose their particular interpretation of the TOS and get others in trouble through false reporting.

Message 10 of 77 (405 Views)