VP of Gaming
28198 posts

Re: Does random reports makes people Ban ?

Feb 12, 2013

theseamonster098 wrote:
I'm gonna get on 1 of my other ps3's and make another account and I'm gonna report my seamonster account for nothing at all.

Dude, don't do that. You do not have to prove anything. The past is the past, let it go. Go forward and don't look back.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 21 of 77 (303 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Let'em do it...I don't like it when people lie and make up foolish stories. He'll ban himself for making false report. LOL.

Least I can admit what I did. If your so innocent make a phone call to Sony and dispute the ban. If that's what you claim.
Message 22 of 77 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1125 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013
Hi all here the statement from a post made by homefourmmods. Also only file one report and if you file more than one report against somebody you can be banned yourself for filing too many report. When you report the read the chatlog and if they more than one breaking the rules they will be banned too. Also on more stuff you can be banned for here a link to it https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/kw/Banned

Report others

If you see someone being offensive or otherwise acting in an inappropriate manner, hit the Select button and Submit a Report. The more (legitimate) reports we receive from you, the users of Home, the more quickly we can take care of problems as they arise.

What if someone files a false report against me?

Don’t worry, we verify all incoming reports for accuracy before taking any action. That means if someone submits a false report against you, you would be safe.

Message 23 of 77 (258 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Feb 12, 2013

OP - Trolls run and prey for you to say the wrong thing... Kinda sniper kills.. Lack of online moderation (gone) is an issue... Don't engage in **bleep** that steer you the wrong way... Leave the situation.. If you done nothing wrong no wrong will come to you..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 24 of 77 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013
haha rams in trouble. sea monster went all moby diik on his **bleep**
Message 25 of 77 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 12, 2013
wow they censor that. i mean his behind. the cuss filter worse than a kids birthday party
Message 26 of 77 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Feb 12, 2013
@ theseamonster. Wow. You must be because I see nothing but all hate in your last thread. Don't worrie I won't report it. Very childish response.

Again. You can't get banned for no reason. Sounds like you must of said something just like you did above ^^ what does the patriots and my dolphins have to do with the subject. Real imature and can't stay on topic without it being an insult.

Least I can admit I made mistake.
Message 27 of 77 (184 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Mikoto-apple1005 wrote:

Some people are mean seriously. stop reporting innocent people.

As mentioned before: you're completely safe from false reports. Each report is read one by one by a live moderator. Also, it doesn't matter who or why you report them, that just helps the moderator understand why the report was filed. If somebody reports the wrong user, that's fine (so don't go reporting multiple users caught in the same report - one report goes a long way!). The entire chat log is reviewed - which includes each user and for any possible reason.

Example:

If UserA reports UserB (who did nothing wrong) but UserC and UserD were fighting in the background, C and D may be punished. UserB and A will be fine. However, if UserA submits spam reports (false reports) the moderators would notice and UserA will face punishment. Leaving UserB to enjoy Home. Long story short: UserB never did anything wrong, so doesn't have to worry.

So, with each report filed technically we're reporting everyone around us for every possible reason. Allowing us to select who and why we report just helps the moderators understand what may be going on and could speed up the process.

To learn more about Home Moderators click here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.

To learn more about the Home Rules click here: Terms of Service.

Hope this helps!

Message 28 of 77 (149 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4495 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Sophronia wrote:
To learn more about Home Moderators click here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.
To learn more about the Home Rules click here: Terms of Service.

Hope this helps!

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 29 of 77 (142 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

It does, thanks.  How do you report a moderator though?  Both in Home and on the forums, or are they untouchable?

There really isn't any way to report moderators themselves, but you should contact MercuryValentine (Lead Moderator on Home) with any moderation questions, issues or concerns. But it's suggested by the PlayStation Forum team to contact the usernames below:

PSForumMods - PM this user for Forum moderation issues

HomeForumMods - PM this user for PlayStation Home related issues

Message 30 of 77 (133 Views)