Big Daddy
12496 posts

Re: Does anyone else really dislike the Aurora update?

Apr 10, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Interesting that some are concerned or amused by the fact, that the current version of Orbs no longer holds an interest for many of us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is nothing wrong with showing concern that the current version of Orb Runner no longer holds interest to many and there's no amusement in that.  I do however, find it contradictory that people on here that do keep mentioning how long it will take and that they are so disappointed still go and play it every day since it was updated.  Its almost like they want to discourage others from playing but they go themselves and play, does this seem sincere?  I honestly don't believe so. 

Seriously?  You mean to say that no one does anything unless they like doing it?  So everyone that spent hours randomly running around smashing eggs to unlock the rewards from the LKWD dragon egg game was having a blast?  There are countless things people do that they do not like doing, but they do it as they are interested in the end result. 

Wow! You must be a glutton for punishment. You come on Home and spend your time doing things you don't like? Interesting.

No one likes running orbs, they just do it? So all the people who competed for the leaderboard hated doing it? Interesting.

If you build it they will come.

There's some things that suck about this update, orb colors and names, consumables, ect. My point was, why would having to spend a few dollars keep you from something that you enjoyed doing.

If you've seen the leaderboard lately, it proves the point I was trying to make in my previous posts, even though you had trouble comprehending what you read. The regular leaders are slowly coming back, Brongade, will94, BigDee ect.

I think TSUNADE meant, why complain about something if you're still going to do it. I could be wrong, but I didn't read anything into it other than what was written either.

Message 51 of 66 (220 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Apr 10, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Interesting that some are concerned or amused by the fact, that the current version of Orbs no longer holds an interest for many of us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is nothing wrong with showing concern that the current version of Orb Runner no longer holds interest to many and there's no amusement in that.  I do however, find it contradictory that people on here that do keep mentioning how long it will take and that they are so disappointed still go and play it every day since it was updated.  Its almost like they want to discourage others from playing but they go themselves and play, does this seem sincere?  I honestly don't believe so. 

Seriously?  You mean to say that no one does anything unless they like doing it?  So everyone that spent hours randomly running around smashing eggs to unlock the rewards from the LKWD dragon egg game was having a blast?  There are countless things people do that they do not like doing, but they do it as they are interested in the end result. 

Wow! You must be a glutton for punishment. You come on Home and spend your time doing things you don't like? Interesting.

No one likes running orbs, they just do it? So all the people who competed for the leaderboard hated doing it? Interesting.

If you build it they will come.

There's some things that suck about this update, orb colors and names, consumables, ect. My point was, why would having to spend a few dollars keep you from something that you enjoyed doing.

If you've seen the leaderboard lately, it proves the point I was trying to make in my previous posts, even though you had trouble comprehending what you read. The regular leaders are slowly coming back, Brongade, will94, BigDee ect.

I think TSUNADE meant, why complain about something if you're still going to do it. I could be wrong, but I didn't read anything into it other than what was written either.

I wouldn't know who's on the leaderboard these days, but I certainly don't recall those folks expressing concern about the Orb Runner update on the forums. It seems someone remembers the leaderboard regulars well enough from before however.  Smiley Wink

Where are the people I keep hearing about that express disdain for Orb Runner but are playing it non-stop (as opposed to just playing it once or twice to get their xp from it)? It's ok though, there's apparently a new exploit that allows for in excess of 10 million points per game thus assuring that people can still get their max XP without having to spend anymore or possess any skill. Yay!  Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 66 (215 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

matthewaristotle wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The big issue for me is that it seems to be simply too much work for 4 rewards. 

Hey it's another way that the ISE stringers find more customers!

Lol

Oh didn't you hear NO ONE PAYS for ISE'ing items.  I read it on the internet here at PlayStation Home General. If someone posted that it has to be true,

Smiley Wink

LOL

Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

Message 53 of 66 (214 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13193 posts

Apr 10, 2013

nDreams Tweeted.

They just collating feedback. that why there ignore every Aurora 1.7 threads.

Message 54 of 66 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Apr 10, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

LMAO - funny how you did not highlight the rest of that quote in green as there lies the answer that you so conveniently ignore but I'll make it REALLY clear for you:

"they do it as they are interested in the end result."

And that clearly my comment had NOTHING to do with the leaderboard, although I suspect many leaderboard chases also do it for the joy they have in competing, not necessarily playing the game it self, but that's certainly a personal choice.  And if you even had a clue what it takes to get on the leaderboard, you would clearly see no one on that leaderboard got there without purchasing and using the consumables.

Frankly it's attitudes like yours and TSUNADE1224 that keep some people from trying to help others by sharing information that could help them decide FOR THEMSELVES what is reasonable and fun.  The fact that nDreams refused to release the XP required to reach each new level, and DRAMATICALLY increased the amount once past level 55 shows they clearly know that if some people found out they might stop trying to level up, as it might not be worth it to THEM.  That does not mean it is not worth it to others.

However there are 'some' people here who feel no one benefits from knowing what the required XP amounts are, or how to try and estimate how long it might take them to get that XP.

Although I am probably wasting my time explaining this to you and TSUNADE1224, I'd be better off just talking to a wall.

Have a nice day.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 55 of 66 (188 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

The big issue for me is that it seems to be simply too much work for 4 rewards. 

And yet some people around here not only wont leave kudos for others that share information that can help others determine how much XP they need and how long it might take them to get it - and even go so far as to criticize those that do offer that information as some how not helping the community.

Apparently to them, it's best that we all not know a thing and 'discover' it on our own.... I'm sure nDreams would be VERY happy if we did not know and share how much the XP amounts increase, and how it isn't even possible to reach the max daily XP level or the leaderboard without buying and using the consumables.  Or how many hours and how many years it will take some people to reach the new levels.

Look, I have no problem with a company trying to find ways to get more money from their customers - frankly, that is their job!  The problem I have is with the attitudes of some people around here who feel it doesn't help the community to share information that can help others determine if it's worth their time, effort, and cost to level up.   Especially for people who don't like or are bored with the OrbRunner and Island Defense game, and are only playing them to gain XP.

Worst of all, some of these trolls even have the balls to accuse people who are trying to help others by providing information that nDreams has so far refused to offer for the last two years, of doing it to try and discourage others from getting some of these rewards in the first place.    

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 56 of 66 (180 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Things have gone a little crazy on Orb popper balloon chaser.

Took this last night on my phone..

orbtoplist.jpg

Message 57 of 66 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

orbtoplist.jpg

I recognise one user in that top 5. Shame that people can circumvent standard stuff and spoil it for everyone. You'd think they could simply ISE the rewards and leave the leaderboard alone. 

Message 58 of 66 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

orbtoplist.jpg

I recognise one user in that top 5. Shame that people can circumvent standard stuff and spoil it for everyone. You'd think they could simply ISE the rewards and leave the leaderboard alone. 

Like I said  Home didn't fail the people - People failed Home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 59 of 66 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

orbtoplist.jpg

You just know that Sony will not have the courage or foresight to ban these people.

Joey : Can you fix it so cheaters like this are dealt with in an appropriate manner . . . as in . . .

whenever they come to Aurora, they are made into Blimps,

or the targets in a new CowPie throwing game ?

I will gladly donate some rewards for a game like that, if you can. Smiley Happy

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 60 of 66 (136 Views)