PlayStation MVP
5047 posts

Re: Does anyone else really dislike the Aurora update?

Apr 7, 2013

I personally think it has added magic with the level increase to the game and the new boosters.. yea it has changed... but maybe I'm looking at it as a person who buys items to have fun.. I do enjoy it as its brought me back to leveling each day,.. I'm even doing the trap game each day as I wasn't before since the update.

I still would recommend this to someone who is new to Home as I did before.. It's still a free game to play and enjoy at same time able to earn rewards every five levels.

Message 31 of 66 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4279 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Arcadian42 wrote:
the last reward ( lvl 110), " the blimp" to ride is okay.

Can you be more specific what the level 110 reward is?  Is it a Blimp LMO mount?  Or is it a new blimp you can use in the blimp game?  Thanks.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 32 of 66 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9496 posts

Apr 7, 2013
^It would be a LMO I assume as it was stated at one point the rewards were to include an active item, 2 LMOs and an apartment for the final.
Support Forums
Message 33 of 66 (344 Views)
Splicer
50 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Blimp is an LMO to ride as a mount. Sorry about not being specific.
Message 34 of 66 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Bobsfed wrote:

I agree I'm not too fond of the new update. I like the new level cap and that I can play again after reaching 100 months ago. But I don't like the changes they made to orb runner, mainly no more orbs and just those big ugly balloons. I mean haven't they ever heard of the term "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it."?

nDreams is just following in their mentor's footsteps. Sony's philosophy is :

• " If it is broken, don't fix it "
  • " If it ain't broken, then break it "

my saying is " don't beat a dead horse '. Oh .. wait .. I picked up a stick ... I see a dead nDreams Nag... commence the flogging.

Despite a few trials and tribulations, the old orb runs were pretty, and they were fun. The Leaderboard was really only attainable for those who spent $, and bought the extras. The old orbie runs made me cuss a few times, but they also made me smile all the time.

The new orb run, has new paths to revenue for nDreams. I cannot blame them, as they are in business to make money.

Yes, the Leadboard is only attainable for those who buy all the perm boosters and consumables. Nothing new about that , tho.

What I can't forgive, is that the new run is so ugly. 

While fun for the first few days when new, the fun is now gone. It has now become a chore.

The new fancy dancy GUI is . . . well, new and fancy dancy.

Unfortunately, ugly trumps newfangled.

The Honeymoon is over, and I am breaking up with u, nDreams.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 35 of 66 (311 Views)
Fender Bender
3332 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Yes!! I really hate what they did with OrbRunner.

First I'll do my main concern, why change the orbs? They were distinct and easy to find, plus they were and were ORBS!!! These new "Orbs' are just hot air ballons that are totally uncreative.  Also, why the heck are the Gold Bounus orb's pink and the silver bonus orb's gold? Nice error guys, and its so hard to tell the orbs apart!! And the upgrades I got (Gold goggles and time stopper) Are pretty useless now seeing that you have to buy MORE upgrades to get the max amount of XP.

Aurora 1.7? Heck, Im going to wait for Aurora 1.8.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 36 of 66 (302 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12800 posts

Apr 8, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Aurora 1.7? Heck, Im going to wait for Aurora 1.8.

You will have to wait for 4-6 months till 1.7

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 37 of 66 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Interesting that some are concerned or amused by the fact, that the current version of Orbs no longer holds an interest for many of us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is nothing wrong with showing concern that the current version of Orb Runner no longer holds interest to many and there's no amusement in that.  I do however, find it contradictory that people on here that do keep mentioning how long it will take and that they are so disappointed still go and play it every day since it was updated.  Its almost like they want to discourage others from playing but they go themselves and play, does this seem sincere?  I honestly don't believe so. 

Other then the esthetics most of the commentary is geared toward the leaderboards not being attainable and that is a legitimate gripe especially when Joey did say that you can make it on the leaderboard without consumables and we all know this is not true.  Then again he also mentioned that the forums is just a small percentage and that they base their decisions on the numbers, but still drop by the forums to address our concerns.  I am still hopeful that all concerns will be addressed whether we are the majority or minority.

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 38 of 66 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4279 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Interesting that some are concerned or amused by the fact, that the current version of Orbs no longer holds an interest for many of us.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is nothing wrong with showing concern that the current version of Orb Runner no longer holds interest to many and there's no amusement in that.  I do however, find it contradictory that people on here that do keep mentioning how long it will take and that they are so disappointed still go and play it every day since it was updated.  Its almost like they want to discourage others from playing but they go themselves and play, does this seem sincere?  I honestly don't believe so. 

Seriously?  You mean to say that no one does anything unless they like doing it?  So everyone that spent hours randomly running around smashing eggs to unlock the rewards from the LKWD dragon egg game was having a blast?  There are countless things people do that they do not like doing, but they do it as they are interested in the end result. 

As for discouraging others - that is RIDICULOUS!  This goes back to your wild assertion that it does not help others to let them know what the required amount of XP is needed to reach specific levels.  What exactly are you so bloody afraid of?  Finding out how many hours you have spent doing the same thing over and over and for what?  

If you are happy not knowing how much XP you need, or how much average XP you might be able to get over a certain amount of time, then fine - ignore those threads that offer that information - but to characterize those that have taken a great deal of their own time to help others by learning and sharing that information with others as not being helpful and even as people with selfish alternative motives just makes you out to be some kind of ignorant thoughtless troll - not that you are one, or even that you intended your remarks to be received that way, but that is how you come off when you make comments like these.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 39 of 66 (208 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3752 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Seriously?  You mean to say that no one does anything unless they like doing it?  So everyone that spent hours randomly running around smashing eggs to unlock the rewards from the LKWD dragon egg game was having a blast?  There are countless things people do that they do not like doing, but they do it as they are interested in the end result. 

As for discouraging others - that is RIDICULOUS!  This goes back to your wild assertion that it does not help others to let them know what the required amount of XP is needed to reach specific levels.  What exactly are you so bloody afraid of?  Finding out how many hours you have spent doing the same thing over and over and for what?  

If you are happy not knowing how much XP you need, or how much average XP you might be able to get over a certain amount of time, then fine - ignore those threads that offer that information - but to characterize those that have taken a great deal of their own time to help others by learning and sharing that information with others as not being helpful and even as people with selfish alternative motives just makes you out to be some kind of ignorant thoughtless troll - not that you are one, or even that you intended your remarks to be received that way, but that is how you come off when you make comments like these.

You have a tendency to misquote when people state something and turn it into what you feel it means and not what it does mean.  This is why what you call information I call "your interpretation of what is said" Im not even gonna bother with your nonsence anymore.  This will be the last post of yours I will reply to, have fun repling to mine all you what, dont care and its of no interest to me what you have to say.

I also think its rediculous that these old people just kudo ur post because its contrary to what I say and To them I say "Grow up already"  its a shame to see people their age acting like children. 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 40 of 66 (197 Views)