Aug 20 2013
By: al2009man Ghost of Sparta 13194 posts

Does Sony really love PS Home Indie Devs?

5 replies 257 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

After watching the #PlayStationGC 20133 Press Conference. I heard that Sony REALLY LOVE INDIE DEVS...

after my thoughs: wut about PlayStation Home Indie Developers? 

i created a simular thread about this. let's say we got Indie Devs such as nDreams, VEEMEE, Atom Republic, and others... 

here's my question: Does Sony missing PSHome Indie devs to complete its LOVE for Indies?

Message 1 of 6 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2175 posts

Re: Does Sony really love PS Home Indie Devs?

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013

I'd like to add that Jack Buser once said in an interview a few years back, that PlayStation Home was the easiest way for any interested groups of just a few developers or even just one, to create content on PSN through Home. Just needed knowledge with Autodesk Maya & LUA scripting. Since technically the current amount of developers on Home are pretty much indie, you'd think it would make sense maybe bringing such a indie friendly platform currently on the PS3, to PS4 if they are any other devs interested?

Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 2 of 6 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2013
Well if sony doesnt continue the service on ps4 then i would say no. Because im sure when people start calling asking for their money back they are going to be directing them to those developers to state their claim (even though they could just say no refunds and hang up legally) just like they do with these forums. In my opinion it just seems like they are using the third party developers as a scapegoat. All speculation and opinion obviously, But this brings up another real good question i believe.

Does sony really love its playstation home and home forums community? Because they havnt mentioned us, spoken to us, or even put us in our place when we get out of line begging for a simple yes or no on anything related to home once in the last year. No thanks at all for the years of financial support. Nota.. All we deserve in their eyes is " no comment "
Message 3 of 6 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1924 posts

Aug 21, 2013

well, depends how active you are. The sony developers kit isn't anything small. It's bleeding HUGE. I forget the size of a ps3 dev kit. But it's hard to lift. I saw a picture of a ps4 dev kit and it's so big, in the event of a sudden flash flood I can MacGiver it, hollow it out, seal up the holes and use it as an emergancy canoe for me and the cute secretary. Seriously. it's big. 

I'm not sure how much it is now, but at one time the dev kit cost about $10K. The dev kit also requires monthly fees. So you have to produce and sell stuff. Then there's the large paycut Sony takes out of every sale in PS Home.

Keep in mind the creation of art in Home is a time consuming thing. Alot of devs have started out hot, but then gave up.

Message 4 of 6 (153 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Aug 21, 2013

al2009man wrote:

After watching the #PlayStationGC 20133 Press Conference. I heard that Sony REALLY LOVE INDIE DEVS...

after my thoughs: wut about PlayStation Home Indie Developers? 

i created a simular thread about this. let's say we got Indie Devs such as nDreams, VEEMEE, Atom Republic, and others... 

here's my question: Does Sony missing PSHome Indie devs to complete its LOVE for Indies?

you seem to be taking that out of context.

they were refering to small developers who make games.

Message 5 of 6 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 21, 2013

I don't know about Sony as a whole, but I love indy developers. They have to learn somewhere, and, since they are doing their own thing, they hopefully won't follow " formula" storylines, but will try out new( sometimes kooky but fun) things. Kudos to them all!Smiley Happy

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 6 of 6 (94 Views)
0 Likes