Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Re: Doctor Who in PlayStation Home - Coming Soon from LOOT

Mar 23, 2013

al2009man wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im not familiar with Dr Who, I guess ill familiarize myself soon enough. 

It isn't worth your time. Doctor Who is a lame, family style soap opera that's bad on purpose. The series bible has been rewritten more times than the Septuagint.

Most of its fans outside the UK are the nerd equivalent of hipsters.

after watching a few episodes in season 5 revival YESTERDAY NIGHT!. I see the most part THAT HAVE NOTING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE.

Lay off the glue, dude.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_%28writing%29

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 51 of 88 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3880 posts

Mar 23, 2013
;^) I've watched the American imports of the show on public television since Peter Davidson played the fifth incarnation of The Doctor. I even got his autograph while he did a convention in my home town, back in 1986.

:^/ He dated it 1988, though, so I suspect he'd been using the TARDIS to do all of his conventions at once, and got confused. It happens.
Message 52 of 88 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Mar 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

al2009man wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im not familiar with Dr Who, I guess ill familiarize myself soon enough. 

It isn't worth your time. Doctor Who is a lame, family style soap opera that's bad on purpose. The series bible has been rewritten more times than the Septuagint.

Most of its fans outside the UK are the nerd equivalent of hipsters.

after watching a few episodes in season 5 revival YESTERDAY NIGHT!. I see the most part THAT HAVE NOTING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE.

Lay off the glue, dude.

Canon

Message 53 of 88 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Mar 23, 2013

i was never a Doctor Who fan. thought it was too cheesey.  then last summer i seen the first few shows of season one. kinda hooked. i watched back to back the last 6 seasons. i got use to the cheesyness and love the doctor.  while  i wait for the new season to start i got Doctor Who for my vita, pretty good game aswell.

So yeah i'm excited to see doctor who come to home. worried tho will it be coming to NA home or is it just for EU. we all know how that goes.. so hope it comes to us. also will it be  public space or personal apartment?  i pay for the tardis apartment for sure.

Message 54 of 88 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Mar 23, 2013

But people who weren't raised on Doctor Who and watch it on Netflix just because it's there are strange. It's the sort of decision one makes just to belong to something so they don't feel lonely.

You should not let such things bother you.  It will lead to an early grave.  Watching and enjoying shows is about entetainment, not about belonging. Worrying about such things serves no purpose.

Message 55 of 88 (312 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Mar 23, 2013

Hazgazemos wrote:

But people who weren't raised on Doctor Who and watch it on Netflix just because it's there are strange. It's the sort of decision one makes just to belong to something so they don't feel lonely.

You should not let such things bother you.  It will lead to an early grave.  Watching and enjoying shows is about entetainment, not about belonging. Worrying about such things serves no purpose.

Give him a cookie, NAOW!

Message 56 of 88 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 23, 2013

al2009man wrote:

Canon

Not really. A show's bible helps the team avoid continuity mistakes. Canon is a geeky concept fans argue about. Writers are more interested in getting a paycheck than appeasing obsessed dorks.

Hazgazemos wrote:

Watching and enjoying shows is about entetainment, not about belonging.

There's a legion of nerds into fanfic and fancy dress who suggest otherwise.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 57 of 88 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

Taking a look at the Brony Community...

Yep, This explants a lot. 

Message 58 of 88 (281 Views)
VP of Gaming
34149 posts

Mar 23, 2013

al2009man wrote:

StardustChampion wrote:

Hazgazemos wrote:

Taking a look at the Brony Community...

Yep, This explants a lot. 

if there was a time in which a building would randomly explode, then would have been perfect.

Message 59 of 88 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Mar 23, 2013
When I travelled to England at the age of 7 there were only THREE tv channels to watch. Doctor Who was the best thing on. I cant say I like all seasons and definately not all doctors but every season has its charms. After originally being opposed to the newest Doctor I have come to like him alot and have found his adventures to be fun.
The Nazi Germany episode is cool, and his companion is pretty sweet this time around
Support Forums
Message 60 of 88 (237 Views)
0 Likes