Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Re: Doctor Who in PlayStation Home - Coming Soon from LOOT

Mar 22, 2013

NorseGamer wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LOOT_Lindsey wrote:
Wait... what were we talking about again? Smiley Wink

All the other videos you're going to share with us now? And is that a special animation at the end of the video or simply the Boo emote?

What video? I just saw blank screen. And now I have these odd markings on my arm...

Someone made reference to a PS4 comment during the live stream. Any comments about that? And why is it you don't have a Developer Name tag? Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 88 (453 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Mar 22, 2013

LOOT_Lindsey wrote:
What video? I didn't see any video?

On a serious note, that was the standard Boo emote.

Oh thank you for clearing that up. Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 88 (452 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

Mar 22, 2013

I would so want an Ood costume if they make one.

Ood

Message 43 of 88 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LOOT_Lindsey wrote:
Wait... what were we talking about again? Smiley Wink

All the other videos you're going to share with us now? And is that a special animation at the end of the video or simply the Boo emote?

In the side note, look at the reaction at the Youtube comments

Message 44 of 88 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

Mar 22, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Oh sweet. I saw the video earlier but given it was unlisted I didn' think I should post it. 

Here's the weird part.

https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/posts/455068677897069

Message 45 of 88 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Mar 22, 2013

New episodes resume next Saturday I believe. I wonder if this will release next week to tie in with the new episode, or if they will make us wait. I hope its the former!

It would be cool if you could place the tardis in any existing private space and enter it wherever you place it. Bigger on the inside you know!

Message 46 of 88 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 23, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im not familiar with Dr Who, I guess ill familiarize myself soon enough. 

It isn't worth your time. Doctor Who is a lame, family style soap opera that's bad on purpose. The series bible has been rewritten more times than the Septuagint.

Most of its fans outside the UK are the nerd equivalent of hipsters.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 47 of 88 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

Im not familiar with Dr Who, I guess ill familiarize myself soon enough. 

It isn't worth your time. Doctor Who is a lame, family style soap opera that's bad on purpose. The series bible has been rewritten more times than the Septuagint.

Most of its fans outside the UK are the nerd equivalent of hipsters.

Ignore him, he's the dalek (daleks hated the show. but tryes to destroy teh Doctor), offened the Whovians, never seen the show and 97% wrong.

Let me see...after watching a few episodes in season 5 revival YESTERDAY NIGHT!. I see the most part THAT HAVE NOTING TO DO WITH THE BIBLE. i just see fiction, re-told, anything. just go watch any episode. the classic, revival, WHATEVER. and then... tell me

but you got the description wrong. unsmartly pants. heres the descrip.

"Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. The programme depicts the adventures of aTime Lord—a time travellinghumanoid alien known as the Doctor. He explores the universe in his 'TARDIS', a sentient time-travelling space ship. Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, a common sight in Britain in 1963, when the series first aired. Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor faces a variety of foes while working to save civilisations, help ordinary people, and right wrongs.

The show has received recognition from critics and the public as one of the finest British television programmes, winning the 2006British Academy Television Award for Best Drama Series and five consecutive (2005–10) awards at the National Television Awardsduring Russell T Davies's tenure as Executive Producer.[1][2] In 2011, Matt Smith became the first Doctor to be nominated for aBAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role. The programme is listed in Guinness World Records as the longest-running science fiction television show in the world[3] and as the "most successful" science fiction series of all time—based on its over-all broadcast ratings, DVD and book sales, and iTunes traffic.[4] During its original run, it was recognised for its imaginative stories, creative low-budget special effects, and pioneering use of electronic music (originally produced by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop).

The show is a significant part of British popular culture;[5][6] and elsewhere it has become a cult television favourite. The show has influenced generations of British television professionals, many of whom grew up watching the series.[7] The programme originally ran from 1963 to 1989. After an unsuccessful attempt to revive regular production in 1996 with a backdoor pilot in the form of atelevision film, the programme was relaunched in 2005 by Russell T Davies who was showrunner and head writer for the first five years of its revival, produced in-house by BBC Wales in CardiffSeries 1 in the 21st century, featuring Christopher Eccleston as the ninth incarnation, was produced by the BBC. Series 2 and 3 had some development money contributed by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC), which was credited as a co-producer.[8] Doctor Who also spawned spin-offs in multiple media, including Torchwood (2006) and The Sarah Jane Adventures (2007) – both created by Russell T Davies, K-9 (2009), the four-part video series P.R.O.B.E. (1994), and a single pilot episode of K-9 and Company (1981). There also have been many spoofs and cultural references of the character in other media.

Eleven actors have headlined the series as the Doctor. The transition from one actor to another is written into the plot of the show asregeneration, a life process of Time Lords through which the character of the Doctor takes on a new body and, to some extent, new personality, which occurs when sustaining injury which would be fatal to most other species. Although each portrayal is different, and on occasions the various incarnations have even met one another, they are all meant to be aspects of the same character. The Doctor is currently portrayed by Matt Smith, who took up the role after David Tennant's final appearance in an episode broadcast on 1 January 2010.[9]"

give me the anti-negative spra can so i can just destroy his post. or whatever i could call it.

Message 48 of 88 (332 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 23, 2013

I'm not trying to offend anyone. Even fans of the show agree it's campy and badly written on purpose. That's what they like about it. They grew up watching awful, melodramatic television, and it's comforting seeing it reimagined now that they're adults.

But people who weren't raised on Doctor Who and watch it on Netflix just because it's there are strange. It's the sort of decision one makes just to belong to something so they don't feel lonely.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 49 of 88 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13194 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 23, 2013

StardustChampion wrote:

I'm not trying to offend anyone. Even fans of the show agree it's campy and badly written on purpose. That's what they like about it. They grew up watching awful, melodramatic television, and it's comforting seeing it reimagined now that they're adults.

But people who weren't raised on Doctor Who and watch it on Netflix just because it's there are strange. It's the sort of decision one makes just to belong to something so they don't feel lonely.

Hm...did you watch Bing's videos about "I don't like Doctor Who"? you should.

I half-agreed with you. i mean just look at movies, cartoons, games that have a story in your childhood? do you even like it or not?

I mean after watch a show it got people inspired by stuff. even at a look in the webshows, they got inspired by ANY STUFFS

don't get it? let me give a exaple...

Super Mario Bros. Video Game Devs got inspired to like, create game we still play...just go research to see what i am talking about

well....*eats food and watch PewDiePie* it just a show. just enjoy it or just GET OUT OF THE THREAD.

Message 50 of 88 (313 Views)
0 Likes