PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Re: Do you think the number of HOME users has Dwindled or Increased..?

Nov 1, 2013

I think the question is worded in a way that's hard for me to reply to. However, for NA Home, concurrency has been up in 2013 in relation to previous years.  I eluded to that previously when I noted that traffic is healthy.

Most of the theorycrafting about Home on these forums is done with relatively sound science, but based off of incorrect assuptions.  Which is no fault of the theorist.  We're elusive about our data.  We will continue to be so.  We're a publicly traded company.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 61 of 124 (324 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

I think the question is worded in a way that's hard for me to reply to. However, for NA Home, concurrency has been up in 2013 in relation to previous years.  I eluded to that previously when I noted that traffic is healthy.

Most of the theorycrafting about Home on these forums is done with relatively sound science, but based off of incorrect assuptions.  Which is no fault of the theorist.  We're elusive about our data.  We will continue to be so.  We're a publicly traded company.

Thank you for clarifying this. It's nice to get some official word relative to the service. Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 124 (321 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Nov 1, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

I think numbers went down personally..

it will rise by 1 when i get my ps3  Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 124 (289 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Of course traffic is healthy.. You got people making new accounts every day either exploiting items for themselves or trying to get others to give them a $20 psn card to exploit items on their accounts. How is sales doing though.. Huh?
Message 64 of 124 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
353 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

The numbers are probably the same, but certain groups have grown, like famtards. Fams infest almost every major space with arguing, which seems to be the biggest draw to Home now. That and users who want to buy clothes to make their avi's look like street walkers still litter most spaces. If the numbers seem down, it might be because there are more public spaces now. The Acorn space in particular has had 4 or 5 different servers full at once with the Halloween theme going on. I haven't been on in a week, and don't care to, and I think a lot of the old school Homers will throw in the towel as well. Logging on to read drama has gotten old, and the mini games I paid money to play are broken, some for more than a year. Real life is more interesting anyways, waste of 5 years and lots of money on here, that about sums it up....

Message 65 of 124 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1633 posts

Nov 1, 2013
You sure sound like a fun person to be around.
Message 66 of 124 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

Nov 1, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Of course traffic is healthy.. You got people making new accounts every day either exploiting items for themselves or trying to get others to give them a $20 psn card to exploit items on their accounts. How is sales doing though.. Huh?

I didn't comment on total accounts.  I commented on concurrency.  Sales are strong, though.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 67 of 124 (194 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Pics or your lying. Anyone who actually gets on home regularly, and has for several years, would have no problem seeing with their own eyes that it dwindling.
Message 68 of 124 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Whats the ticker symbol used as a publicly traded company? And in which exchange?

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 69 of 124 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Nov 1, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Whats the ticker symbol used as a publicly traded company? And in which exchange?

SNE on the New York Stock Exchange for the United States.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 70 of 124 (174 Views)