Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: Do you think the number of HOME users has Dwindled or Increased..?

Nov 1, 2013
From this small tally looks like the Home Community (CUSTOMERS) has dropped and continues to drop.. I like many use to love Home but its lost its steam and direction of what it was intended..

Slapping a new color on the same outfit and charging more is so ridiculous.. Thats a 5min project only to charge ppl double or triple..

I'm surprised theirs not a lawsuit.. (spare me the whole "its a beta crap" that has no water when you charge ppl)

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 31 of 124 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I think the population in home has dwindled alot, I can say for my self the last time i was on was sometime last week cause somebody sent me free gifts from the lockwood gift machine.Now days video game's hold my attention  way more where playstation  home not so much anymore.

photo 47_zpsafbf2c79.gif
Message 32 of 124 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

The Gaming Community is fed up with how the Game Devs/ Management dictates how we should play games.. LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS...

Sony in general, if you want to make money in this do LAR (Listen, Acknowledge, Respond) something I've yet to see from Home staff..

Home staff says: We have no say in the content..

OMG what do they pay you to do then.. Home's Managers have nothing to do with what happens? What do they do?

I seen a pink haired fella that use to work on Home now in China and he clearly did nothin but take pictures of everywhere he went.

I suppose thats what the job entails.......... No wonder nothings getting done the way CUSTOMERS ask...

MY OPIONION...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 33 of 124 (361 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Yes its dwindled i remember spaces like The Midway used to be packed now it always a ghost town there. Same with alot of  other spaces. Me and my long time Home friend still go on Home though . As for me I still get that shopping high every Wednsday Smiley Tongue I just bought the Dolphy room and rediscovered the dolphy races at Hudson gate. I've been on Home for a long time and I always seem to discover things I've missed so i guess I'm in in til the last day Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 124 (349 Views)
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I think home needs 3 games that has dlc connected to and everything else can be what it is.  If the home had games then home would be most talked about and  people numbers  wouldn't be an issue. We should have been had a new golf game, boxing , go kart  racing and  olympics Track and Field: Long Jump, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw, Shot Put, High Jump, Triple Jump, Hammer Throw, Pole Vault those games would be single and mulitplayer. Those are games we can keep coming back to and no update would have been needed once the games were established.

I do think that home is so unique that people that leave come back and I for one am home 4 life. 

Message 35 of 124 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Nov 1, 2013
We have to face the facts.. It will not happen. Home has given up on the original concept and leaned towards what makes quick bucks (no matter what kind of person it invites into it). The days of home being a place to meet other gamers with common interests in games is long dead, if the people who develop content for home cared about the gamers that raised it, they would have NEVER gotten rid of the gamers lounge space. Think about it. They dont want the gamers there anymore, they would rather have people who spend $10 on a poorly designed chair, $10 for a space that has absolutely nothing inside of it to do, $3 to be able to to stand differently than most others, or $5 for different dances that nay or may not include a pole.
Message 36 of 124 (334 Views)
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

Nov 1, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

Home's Managers have nothing to do with what happens? What do they do?

They are Community Managers. They have nothing or very little to do with Development and Production. They are the go-between between Development, Producers and us. Their primary job is to relate whats going on in the community with the Developers, Producers and Directors. And when permitted, to post approved announcements to us.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 37 of 124 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
624 posts

Nov 1, 2013

What about the new Challenge mode? Its free and fun. I remember the gamers lounge and the last bunch of times i went there it was almost  always near empty. There are alot of other places that have come out since the Gamers lounge left  to hang out that are just as good if not better the the gamers lounge in my opinion. I'm a big gamer and i spend on Home and have done so since Home started. 

Message 38 of 124 (318 Views)
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Nov 1, 2013

I've been on Home since 2010, and I think the Home population has EXPLODED. I know there's a lot of people playing games right now, but when those games are finished, I think those Users will come back to Home.

Yes, some of the older Hubs are a being less-frequented, but that's what happens when you DON'T UPDATE. Sodium, The Midway--these spaces have been around for ages and when they are updated, they are filled to the brim. It's all about holding people's interest. Regularly updated spaces like Edo are always packed, and Clubs (or Fams, if you like) have skyrocketed. And more devs are putting out Hubs for specific content (Like Lockwood). It's all about how you look at it, but I can only judge by how many times I'm asked about the Bamboo Sword (at least 2 times every time I'm in Edo for more than 10 minutes).

Because that kind of question suggests a new User, and if that's the case, well--I think the numbers are a lot higher than we think. Just my opinion. (I have lots of friends who are playing GTA5 AND still making regular trips to Home--most of them, in fact.)

Club: Nachtmere
Message 39 of 124 (317 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Nov 1, 2013

yes home is shrinking and i know why.

1 the community idea was lost

2 limited imagination 

3 limited community events that attract average home users

ideas to help our community

1 show new released sony movies in our theaters. charge the same as a movie ticket. released at the same time as the movie. theres millions of home users. if 1% see the movie its worth it.

2 bring pizza companies in and such so we can order a pizza from home.

3 add home to sony tv's instead of just a ps system. you will sell moree tv's to. 

4 get 10 man poker tables tournament style and charge a flat $5 a month or free if you have ps plus

5 have streets that have nieghbor hoods you can buy a house in. so theres more community feel

6 hold big events. example.. a large poker tournament in special lounges. were winner gets a seat at a real life tournament. its called promoting.

7 on daily report you see entering home. tell the community about free things like a developer you can meet at certain place and time with a small contest.

these are just some ideas. i hope they help Aubad

Message 40 of 124 (301 Views)