Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Re: Do you think the number of HOME users has Dwindled or Increased..?

Nov 1, 2013
Dwindled. Severely. Half the people on home now are just salesmen showing off the goodies they get for free.

True story.
Message 21 of 124 (246 Views)
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Home's been a personal favourite of mine purely for the fact that it's the one place where the 'whole' PSN community can meet freely, no strings attached.

However, I think people get turned away and frustrated because of some technical issues here and there. The server's and content download rates have vastly improved in my opinions in the last 2-3 years, but there are still a few things that may hinder users.

I seen people venting their frustration on the interfaces; some can be a challenge to navigate as there are quite a few options within each section (e.g. Within the Navigator, in Personal/Social, Clubs etc.).

I think perhaps due to server restrictions it is also difficult at times for people to meet up and find one another. They often just opt for another multiplay game instead.

There's so much to Home that people don't recognise, but I think greater connectivity and efficiency on a large scale will get things on the right track. If you are willing to give up a little bit of time to just learn the basics then that's all you actually need! But, I can imagine how, to begin with, people may feel overwhelmed by the world that's hidden away under their PSN area.

Message 22 of 124 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 1, 2013

People can do more than one thing. I don't know but when I've been on Home the servers seems full. I suspect the Mall is doing very well too. That ultimately is the bottom line. 

Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 124 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 1, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

I think numbers went down personally..

I last used it in August. I'll tell you this. In Europe it has dwindled down to the diehard addicts and a curious few.

The number of active users in Europe is alarmingly lower than you'd expect. If you imagine that Japan or Hong Kong has less active users, you can probably understand why things have gotten dire for our Eastern comrades.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 24 of 124 (223 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Nov 1, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

The reason for that is because you don't have to throw your money at a service weekly just to find something new to do. FFXIV and GTA Online have several missions and quests for you to do at any given time....and Home simply doesn't...

Just about this^

PShome just has not been intrguing me too much for quite awhile now. LMO and unique dances are cool but are just small time gimmicks. Until a new version is created the following week. then you have some PShome original games which are fun but some require you to buy some items to play or try to nudge you into buying premium items to give you some kind of edge.

But that's just me, not judging those that like using PSHome primarily. It's just for (in my opinion) most players, they just have more fun and socializing with  friends on Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, GTA etc

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 124 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1023 posts

Nov 1, 2013

My friendlist in JP and US usually had about 80% on Home almost everyday or every other day last year.

Now for JP, 90% are playing other games or FF14. 5% on Home once in a week or so. And the last 5% that hasn't changed.

For US, 50% are playing other games or FF14. 20% on Home once in a week or so. And the last 30% that hasn't changed.

If this makes an indication on the active users in Home right now, then I can't really argue with devs leaving and them releasing high price paid items and less freebies(free or rewards) now.

Message 26 of 124 (197 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Nov 1, 2013
I'd imagine the wealth of content we are seeing now is not because Home is thriving but because it's the last of what we have to be offered and they are trying to funnel it out the door while they can. The big projects planned for next year by the devs are their way of going out with a bang.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 27 of 124 (195 Views)
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Home most certainly isnt what it used to be like 1-3 years ago, but its still heavily populated.

but i have seen interest decline over the past few months. but thats expected with a new system on the horizon and the uncertainty of if Home will be on it.

Message 28 of 124 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Home could do so much more but Management and lack of listening or responding to the community has drove it into the ground.. Oh' micro-transactions Home was counting on to survive may have killed it.. They dug to deep for the return..

Since they don't care what we have to say in the matter I don't either and I hope they loose their jobs and Home goes under.. MY OPINION...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 29 of 124 (173 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Dwindled :

My main friends, and I, have all seen people on our Friends List go MIA.

Noobs are now on the Endangered Species list.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 30 of 124 (153 Views)