Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Re: Do you think the number of HOME users has Dwindled or Increased..?

Oct 31, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

The reason for that is because you don't have to throw your money at a service weekly just to find something new to do. FFXIV and GTA Online have several missions and quests for you to do at any given time....and Home simply doesn't...

I can't speak for GTA Online but Final Fantasy has avatar creation and will be getting apartments. The quest system built into the game is awesome. It's really a bit like Home on Steroids. They have group (party), club (linkshell) and local chat. One can send personal PM's and email and so on. 

I love Home but lately I have to admit I'm find the every present deluge of new content every week just too much to deal with. How much of this can you own. How many personal spaces do you need. Until Sony fixes the inventory management of stuff I already own i can't see purchasing a lot of new stuff these days. I still buy outfits that I like although lately it's been mostly player inspect that has been getting my money and not mall items. 

. I personally log in more for events which I still enjoy qutie a bit. 

I checked out Serenity Plaza once in this past month for like 5 minutes. Besides that I logged in the other day to check out the new challenge system. Besides those there really isn't any sort of feature or thing that makes me wanna come back. 

I'd try out FFXIV but...PS4 in 2 weeks Smiley Sad Plus my 3DS is keeping me company at night Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 11 of 124 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Oct 31, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

The reason for that is because you don't have to throw your money at a service weekly just to find something new to do. FFXIV and GTA Online have several missions and quests for you to do at any given time....and Home simply doesn't...

I can't speak for GTA Online but Final Fantasy has avatar creation and will be getting apartments. The quest system built into the game is awesome. It's really a bit like Home on Steroids. They have group (party), club (linkshell) and local chat. One can send personal PM's and email and so on. 

I love Home but lately I have to admit I'm find the every present deluge of new content every week just too much to deal with. How much of this can you own. How many personal spaces do you need. Until Sony fixes the inventory management of stuff I already own i can't see purchasing a lot of new stuff these days. I still buy outfits that I like although lately it's been mostly player inspect that has been getting my money and not mall items. 

I checked out Serenity Plaza once in this past month for like 5 minutes. Besides that I logged in the other day to check out the new challenge system. Besides those there really isn't any sort of feature or thing that makes me wanna come back. 

I'd try out FFXIV but...PS4 in 2 weeks Smiley Sad Plus my 3DS is keeping me company at night Smiley Tongue

FFXIV on PS4 coming soon. just waiting for official word.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 12 of 124 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

I'd think you'd love Final Fantasy. I know you are a real gamer however and devoting time to many games is pretty hard to do given MMO's take a lot of time for leveling and the like. Personally i'm about to finish my Diciples of War with all of them at level 50. That took a tremendous amont of time and effort but I love killing things.

Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 124 (330 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 31, 2013
In addition, I just think the punk kids (Being Jerks and Trolls) on HOME screwed it all up.. MODS,DEVs and mini-mods on this forum didn't do much to help Home either by deleting, or banning ppl from posting opinions and suggestions that they don't like...

Again my opinion and Observations as well as my friends that left HOME..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 14 of 124 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

Well, GTA online has character creation; and it's much more expansive than IV. However, there's still much to be desired. Rockstar has yet to add the heists, which is what many many players have been wanting for in the online. Players do have access to apartments, and can invite friends over and chill in them. There's other activties to do too, and it's all fun for quite awhile. I can say that it took me off home for quite a bit.

Message 15 of 124 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Home could have 'Activities and Rewards' they already have a board for that.. Problem is there are no ACTIVITIES or REWARDS thus heck with it..

So take down the boards and put up the advertisement banners and POOF!

PPL leave.. Great marketing

Message 16 of 124 (300 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28380 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

With what appears to be an increasing Home vetrans saying that thy are not satisfied with Home and that they are finding other interests, I suppose many new users would also be discouraged. With the elders of Home not present, who will there be to guide the newcomers?

Certainly we have new users, but who are they emulating?

Home is the type of world I have wanted since the 1980s. I won't be leaving at any time soon.

Lastly, I also feel that there may besome wishful thinking so that some people can thrust their chests out and say, "I told you so."

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 17 of 124 (270 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

With what appears to be an increasing Home vetrans saying that thy are not satisfied with Home and that they are finding other interests, I suppose many new users would also be discouraged. With the elders of Home not present, who will there be to guide the newcomers?

Certainly we have new users, but who are they emulating?

Home is the type of world I have wanted since the 1980s. I won't be leaving at any time soon.

Lastly, I also feel that there may besome wishful thinking so that some people can thrust their chests out and say, "I told you so."

HOME isnt about you Conrad.. It's about others and what other ppls wants not yours..

Try not to get off the topic...    MODs..........   Hello?

Message 18 of 124 (213 Views)
Fender Bender
2681 posts

Nov 1, 2013

It looks to me like numbers are down at public spaces I go to which is admittedlyisn't that often. Some are near empty.

I read posts about people doing GTA and FF but I haven't played those games and likely will not. I hear about apartments and character creation but I guess one has to play it to know what it's like. If there's no decorating then pffft! Besides, I am not a gamer and I wouldn't do well in the games at least I don't think so.

One thing to take into consideration is that there are more public spaces then there were years back and more private apartments so they would take up some of the users and lessen the number in other spaces? I don't know, just speculating.

I think numbers are down recently at least but why I don't know.

"As far as I go, As far as I know, I always got a place called Home." - Tiga & memories

Message 19 of 124 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1570 posts

Nov 1, 2013
Maybe I am the exception to the rule, but most of my friends are still using Home. I see them playing the recently released games, too. But see them on Home as well. Smiley Happy Mur
Posted Image
Message 20 of 124 (210 Views)