Treasure Hunter
3882 posts

Re: Do you remember?

Apr 29, 2013
;^) I remember creating my avatar, exploring my Harbor Studio and then heading out into the virtual world. Central Plaza's Saucer Pop game had free furniture in four colors. The mall, theater and bowling alley were welcome, too.
Message 41 of 82 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3297 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Danger_Dad wrote:
;^) I remember creating my avatar, exploring my Harbor Studio and then heading out into the virtual world. Central Plaza's Saucer Pop game had free furniture in four colors. The mall, theater and bowling alley were welcome, too.

I have to say THAT made me laugh.

And yes, I still have most of my earliest friends. I rarely add and rarely delete people.

The above comment is my opinion, except when I quote someone I disagree with, and unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 42 of 82 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I was fortunate. I watched my partner play for a while and was raising hell at spending money on virtual stuff. Then I saw the poker room.....

My first day on with my own ID I met Gavin in the bowling alley, and we went to CP so he could troll chicks, I was his "wingman" lol. He showed me alot of things and were dancing on 1 of the benches *ahem* when a mod popped in to scold someone for language I think, and I was like "Hey! come dance with us!". He did and we were friends for a long time, don't even know if he's still with Sony or not. But like Jo once I got into the clothes..........I was the one getting hellSmiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 82 (200 Views)
Fender Bender
1148 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Remember ? ok. . .

First Day . . . The beauty of Central Plaza.  I was mesmerized, enthralled, enchanted, especially by the Pond.

Forget the perv convention at CP.

I remember then, and still do, the grass, trees, flowers, the little stepping stones crossed to reach the big screen, and the Pond Smiley Happy

My second 1st day memory of Home is discovering Sodium. omg, games !

Have a Drink at Scorpios, then go and stomp stomp stomp some Scorps.

Have a Drink (or two), then shoot some Tanks at S1. Have another Drink (or three), and then serve some other lushes Drinks.

Drunk with stomping and tank destroying success (or just plain drunk), I would go stroll thru the CP, and always wind up at the Pond.

photo Xmas3_1copy_1.jpg
Message 44 of 82 (195 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Is it weird that I saw an avatar with Cydonias ID the other day in Edo? She ran up and disappeared before it could hit me properly. Still not sure if that really happened.

I remember a week after my friend Steve passed away, his roommate and I turned on his Playstation to see what games he had. We were debating selling it but really had no clue what to do with it. He had nothing on the harddrive and we didnt feel right rifling through a dead mans room to play his games.
We saw the Home icon and I clicked it. Waited for what felt like years for the tile menu to open up and reveal its early open beta awesomeness to my friend and I. Within a half hour my friend got bored and went to his room. I stayed playing in the bowling alley and won the Echochrome outfit, and parts of the Ice Breaker outfit.
I turned off the system and we sold it the next day for rent. Two weeks later I bought my own and went instantly for Home again. Bought a gold moose wall hanging from Loot, put up my digital feet and told myself 'I could get used to this place'
Pretty much 5 years later I am still here on my original account noob no more. Glad to have been a part of the program. Words cant describe the years' worth of fun had.

_Sorry about your friend smokingpistol. That must have been a really tough decision to make with having to sell his stuff and everything just so you could pay the rent. 
bobs fed signature
Message 45 of 82 (177 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Thanks Bob it was a strange situation for sure. Long story short a friend of mine was an undiagnosed epileptic. He passed away due to a seizure in his room at the age of 22. His roommate was a former roomie of mine in the Canadian military. It shook him up alot due to knowing the deceased since early childhood. It was a scary time as they had had a very expensive place that needed to be paid. I helped arrange the funeral, moved into a deadmans room to help pay the rent, and helped dedicate a bench to our buddy at our old highschool. The PS3 was his favorite thing to do for fun and despite being a PS1 and 2 gamer, personally I hadnt got a PS3 yet. We didnt want to sell his but it had to be done. Part of me knows he, if still alive, wouldve been a huge part of the community and loved it. He had already downloaded thd Home icon, first week of open beta. I am just an extension of his desire. He got me into this. I game for him too. RIP Steve - one of the best gamers to pick up a controller
Support Forums
Message 46 of 82 (161 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Sometimes it's the simple one liner threads that make you smile Smiley Happy

Great first day Home thoughts/feedback here.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 47 of 82 (154 Views)
Fender Bender
3315 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Oh yes I remember. My first contact with the home community was not on home thou. I hooked my PS3 to the internet 48hrs into the "black-out". Watching the blogs trying to get any tid bits of info I could I found all these people who we're missing their "home" so much.  I found it strange that people could be so addicted at buying virtual goods...

But I was curious.

So first day I could create a new a account I clicked on that strange new icon that appeard on my XMB a month earlier. Didn't spent much time creating my Avi as I didn't planned to stay very long. Me in a virtual world? pffft!!

What I remember most is a feeling. After reading the rules of conduct at CP I look around. listen to conversation. It all felt real, connected. I wasn't much a CP guy, but I miss the place. You really felt "Home" there. All the core was there. Bowling allye, mall, theater, as well as "transport" poit to other games and universe. 

As I always do. I favorite the place I really wanted to see, and started with the other ones Smiley Wink Saving the best for the end. Second to last was this little game called Novus-Prime.... The rest is history.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 48 of 82 (141 Views)
Fender Bender
2651 posts

Apr 30, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

I remember thinking to myself "is this it?" Then I figured out that I could use the door to leave the Harbour Smiley Embarassed

I have to admit that you made it further than I did my first time.

My first PS3 was a 60 GB model, given to me in 2008 sometime and I pretty much just used it as a Bluray/DVD player. I barely ever played video games then and that has not really changed. I probably had the PS3 for several weeks before I ever checked out the network features. I remember clicking through the XMB one time and finding the Folding@Home program that used your processor to research proteins and the one that pulled up news events around the world (Life@Playstation or something?).

The first time I selected the Home icon, I had no idea what it was supposed to be. I recall loading into Harbour Studio and thinking "OK, now what?" It seemed that I was supposed to design an avatar. There were a few clothing options. I chose the black top, shorts and flip-flops, of course. Out of wardrobe, I looked around the apartment. There's some furniture to move around and a nice view from the balcony. Not knowing the intended purpose of the avatar, apartment, furniture or view, I think that I logged out at that point.

A few more weeks had probably transpired before my curiosity prompted me to click the Home icon again. I don't recall why I did it but I must have felt that I had missed something the first time. Why on Earth would there be a PS3 app that was basically an avatar locked in an apartment? Duh!

I can't say that I really remember much about my first visit to Central Plaza except realising that there were other people there. One more example to further illustrate my all-encompassing noob-ness back then. When I first encountered the Mall, I didn't know if the items had to be purchased with actual money or if it was some form of game currency that I had no clue how to earn. The personal spaces were pretty limited...Summer House (my first one), Log Cabin, City Penthouse and a couple more I think. I also remember buying the short black boots and a jacket of some sort. None to be had with virutal dollars, to be certain.

I have a couple friends on my list from back in those days with whom I still keep contact. Seems like so long ago now.

castle3
Message 49 of 82 (119 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
348 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2013

My first day in home was roaming around CP then watching people talk through mic,Then i headed to the bowling alley and played icebreaker alot and echocrome cause it was the only thing to really play then bowling..Then i went to the mall and got most of the free stuff then checked out  the rest of what home had to offer at the time,And danced to chain swing ALOT lol.

photo 47_zpsafbf2c79.gif
Message 50 of 82 (105 Views)
0 Likes