Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Re: Do you remember?

Apr 30, 2013
Its one thing to steal a thread title but dude is copying the posts to the 't' even the 'first friend' thread has TrickedOutHoro's words copied word for word in the OP haha but yeah thought some here may enjoy seeing theyre inspiring others around the world apparently lol
Support Forums
Message 61 of 82 (116 Views)
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9172 posts

Share your first day on home

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

PlayStation®Home Picture 3-23-2010 8-49-42.JPG

I remember taking my ps out of the box and getting it going. I went to the desk top and seen this icon. I was woundering what it did. So I clicked on it and kapow I was hooked from then till now. I was like a kid in a candy shop. I could not get enough. Home was better at the start for chatting. I use to pack my log cabin on a fri night to max. There was not much to do on home at the start. I was always mad the guys got more to wear then the gals. We use to not get much on the updates. But really when I hit the plaza for the first time I was amazed. That's all I could think of was getting home from work and getting on ps home. It was like a new world to me and I will never forget all the friends I had through out the years and the memories I made on ps home. Feel free to share your first time on home . I would love to hear your story. Home has become a part of my life and I do miss it a lot if I don't get on for a while. I often wounder what I am missing and what my friends are up to. Be well homies..

Message 62 of 82 (343 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Share your first day on home thoughts

Jun 26, 2013

My first day on home was a wonderful one. I was curious about this new "Tab" on the xmb menu. I went to it...made my avatar..and went right into central plaza. The beautiful auroma of the atmosphere...the energetic crowd...the chain swinging....I liked walking into home...And stayed ever since

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 63 of 82 (332 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Share your first day on home

Jun 26, 2013
Ended up in the plaza and love @ first site!
Message 64 of 82 (309 Views)
Fender Bender
3270 posts

Re: Share your first day on home thoughts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Cat TongueDon't we have a thread about that buried somewhere?

Oh yes, there it is!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/What-d-you-do-on-your-first-day-on-Home/m-p/...

Anyways, who don't like feel good threads  Cat Very Happy 

I had my PS3 for over a year before hooking it up to the net.  ..Two days into the "blackout" 

So I discovered the community before PsHome itself. I was wondering how could people been missing a virtual world that much? Spending on virtual items? You're kidding me!

But I was curious. First thing I did when I finally could create an account I hit that suspicious tab.

I remember one thing. A feeling. Feeling "connected" all seems so right.  It was CP. Not sure I'll had the same feeling if I had be thrown at the HUB.

Wasn't much of a "talker". Never chatted before. Never really used FB or any other "friend list services" 

Gamer reflex I started to fav what seem interesting and kept the best for the last. A space shooter... Novus something Smiley Wink

Met a friend... Never quited.

Freedom is not the power to say no.
Real freedom is the power to say yes.

6EQUJ5 Do you copy?

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 65 of 82 (297 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I miss the simple days of Home, back then there was so little that updates were very exciting.  I don't think we even had weekly updates back then.  My first time on Home I was stuck in Harbour Studio for awhile.  I thought it was overhyped and then I ended up at the door and realized I could leave.  It was a whole new world outside.  I didn't get on that often but I would always end up chatting with the same group of people for the whole night.   After awhile I wanted new clothes so I ventured to the mall, I was shocked when I found out you had to spend real money on items and even more shocked when things I figured would be 10 cents or so were 99 cents and 1.99$.  These days that's chump change on Home.   My exact words were "These people are crazy."  and look at me now, I've probably spent thousands on Home Smiley LOL

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 66 of 82 (276 Views)
Last Guardian
9172 posts

Jun 26, 2013

PlayStation®Home画像 10-16-2010 1-14-19.JPGLove what I have heard so far keep the storys coming..

Message 67 of 82 (260 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I kept thinking when I saw this thread that I know someone did a thread like this a few months back. I searched a few months back and found it was... Jersquall. Smiley Tongue http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Do-you-remember/td-p/40255853

Not a bad thing as threads get recycled often here so not a big deal.

My first day was pretty cool!! It was fresh and new. Now after all this time i believe we need a Skid Row space. Smiley Surprised

HomeStationMagazine
Message 68 of 82 (247 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3916 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Got my PS3 in February of 2011. After days of gaming, I finally noticed the Home icon and tried it out for a few minutes.

Went to CP, threw on those SOCOM shirts and thought I looked awesome. Tried to tell this girl I liked her outfit but she called me a noob and supposedly reported me for stalking, even though I just wanted to tell her she looked nice. Never a dull moment in Home eh? Smiley Tongue

I too thought paying for virtual clothing was ridiculous. I initially thought there was some kind of in-game currency system and swore I would never pay actual money for Home items. That didn't last long.

Didn't really use Home again for about 2 months, picked it up again in May 2011. Got all the goodies from the Welcome Back package and was one happy newbie. Eventually caved about bought a few things. First things I got were the Lightning costume and the Boba Fett costume.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 69 of 82 (232 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5957 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 27, 2013

I had read some articles when Home was in it's concept stage. It seemed like an interesting and good idea. When I got my PS3 and went online. I noticed the Home icon and figured I'd give it a try. When I arrived at Harbour Studio I noticed how good the graphics were. After the tutorial. Central was the next destination. I must say my first day on Home was not a positive one. I saw groups of guys harassing females as well as other guys. With my illusions of Home broken I was pretty much done with Home. Fortunately for me I met a very nice person whom later became my friend. I've been here ever since.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 70 of 82 (227 Views)