Fender Bender
3075 posts

Re: Do you have a "trademark" item?

May 16, 2013

I've been wearing the Continuum Xi sandboxx outfit a lot for a few months now. For some reason I really like it because it makes me look so casual standing there with my hands in my pockets. I do that alot in real life too whenever I'm outdoors with a jacket on, I just walk around casually with my hands in my pockets. The funny thing too is I don't even play Continuum Xi. :manlol:

sandboxx.png

bobs fed signature
Message 61 of 80 (368 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

May 16, 2013

FriarGirl wrote:
It was your pink hair that helped me locate you at Comic Con a few years ago - I still picture you with it even though you have since retired it. :smileyhappy:

LOL! For large events, it has proven to be VERY helpful because I am visible from satellite and act like a beacon in a sea of humanity. I might even just dye it just for that since E3 is basically 40,000 people in a single place all at the same time. 

that and I get crap for having let it grow out from EVERYONE, including the PlayStation community, friends who work at our World Wide Studios (Santa Monica Studios, Naughty Dog, etc) and even 3rd party developers (specifically friends at Sega, TellTale Games, Insomniac, etc) and even some competitors (Ninty, the BOX that shall not be named, not to mention some other social game studios). I think it is just that unusual that it's instantly memorable.

Message 62 of 80 (364 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager
2875 posts

May 16, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
@Glass

This is something I haven't really shared publicly before, just with really close friends, but what have I got to lose? When I first started Home I played a male avatar (i'm male for anyone who didn't know) for a couple months but eventually switched over to almost full-time female avatar. In real life I crossdress, as I love womens clothing and have since I was a pre-teen. Playing as a female avatar was a good way for me to bring that aspect of myself to Home as well as be happier while using it.

Surprisingly this is not an uncommon story I've heard. I think this phenomenon manifests because Home offers a gentle way to ease into alternate ways to present oneself into something that is more comfortable and reflective of you inside, where real life may not be something you're ready for (yet). It's almost like "practice." It may also just be a fun way to be different in your spare time. Whatever! Either way the Home community is an amazing and positive one that tends towards open-mindedness and is supportive of fellow community members' interests, hopes and dreams or even quirks (like my pink hair). Thanks for being courageous, because yes, that in itself is a big deal!

Also, LOTS of guys opt for female characters or avatars to play because they'd simply much rather watch a female vision than a male (for the hetero men). It's really far more common than people probably even realize. 

Message 63 of 80 (347 Views)
MVP Support
7711 posts

May 16, 2013

Yes bring back the pink! also nice to see you commenting more often outside the new content thread keep it up!

KANE-FIRE

Message 64 of 80 (346 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5407 posts

May 16, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
@Glass

This is something I haven't really shared publicly before, just with really close friends, but what have I got to lose? When I first started Home I played a male avatar (i'm male for anyone who didn't know) for a couple months but eventually switched over to almost full-time female avatar. In real life I crossdress, as I love womens clothing and have since I was a pre-teen. Playing as a female avatar was a good way for me to bring that aspect of myself to Home as well as be happier while using it.

I have always admired you for just how comfortable with who you are as a person. You have been a very good friend to me these past few months and you really are a fantastic person. It must have taken a lot for you to share this and I think a lot of people will look up to this.

I guess the moral of the story is always be true to yourself.

We love you Horo :heart:

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 65 of 80 (341 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5407 posts

May 16, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

FriarGirl wrote:
It was your pink hair that helped me locate you at Comic Con a few years ago - I still picture you with it even though you have since retired it. :smileyhappy:

LOL! For large events, it has proven to be VERY helpful because I am visible from satellite and act like a beacon in a sea of humanity. I might even just dye it just for that since E3 is basically 40,000 people in a single place all at the same time. 

that and I get crap for having let it grow out from EVERYONE, including the PlayStation community, friends who work at our World Wide Studios (Santa Monica Studios, Naughty Dog, etc) and even 3rd party developers (specifically friends at Sega, TellTale Games, Insomniac, etc) and even some competitors (Ninty, the BOX that shall not be named, not to mention some other social game studios). I think it is just that unusual that it's instantly memorable.

Kudos for making me LOL xD

I'm getting so horked up.

Legendary_Vicki's Sig

Message 66 of 80 (337 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

May 16, 2013

TrickedOutHoro wrote:
@Glass

That's really brave of you to admit that on here. I don't crossdress myself but I made a second account with a unisex name that I use once in awhile. Just to see what it's like for the other half.

bobs fed signature
Message 67 of 80 (337 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

May 16, 2013

Well let's see Cade, I would say more real life things, has influenced my time on Home.

In the past few months, I've been growing my hair out in real life. Letting it get longer, so as my hair got longer on me in real life, I'd wear longer hairs for my male on Home. 

When I first started out, I only played female avatars. At the time, I would use inspirations from games or animes, to get a look out. Then I started using a male avatar, which was a hot mess.. but it was actually a look, that I used be very fond of..

Here's what I'm refferring to,

PG hair 

I used to be really obsessed with big hair, a few years back. Of course now, not so much because it's definitely not in style or cool. :cattongue:

Also, when I'm not fantasy'ing up my avatar..I tend to base outfits I'd wear off the virtual world, for my male avatar as well. 

Message 68 of 80 (332 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1221 posts

May 16, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Well let's see Cade, I would say more real life things, has influenced my time on Home.

In the past few months, I've been growing my hair out in real life. Letting it get longer, so as my hair got longer on me in real life, I'd wear longer hairs for my male on Home. 

When I first started out, I only played female avatars. At the time, I would use inspirations from games or animes, to get a look out. Then I started using a male avatar, which was a hot mess.. but it was actually a look, that I used be very fond of..

Here's what I'm refferring to,

PG hair 

I used to be really obsessed with big hair, a few years back. Of course now, not so much because it's definitely not in style or cool. :cattongue:

Also, when I'm not fantasy'ing up my avatar..I tend to base outfits I'd wear off the virtual world, for my male avatar as well. 

Hehehe you had that hair when I met you. You would never guess you were the same person if you compared your male from back then to the one you have now.

& thank you for the kind comments, everyone. :cathappy:

Message 69 of 80 (320 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3743 posts

May 16, 2013

GlassWalls wrote:

Also, LOTS of guys opt for female characters or avatars to play because they'd simply much rather watch a female vision than a male (for the hetero men). It's really far more common than people probably even realize. 

LOL :smileylol: There's no girls on the Internet.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 70 of 80 (309 Views)