Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging?

Jul 3, 2013

rramsdell wrote:
The dance moves are made by a very cheap company!

Very insightful as always. Thank you. 10 words might be your personal best.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 81 of 152 (300 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

Jul 3, 2013

Im Done..

I vote that if your gonna be on PS Home you must deposit a $50 PSN card... No questions asked and the funds must only be used on HOME...

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 82 of 152 (299 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jul 3, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
doesnt matter where you work. your guys offices could be on the moon, still doesnt change the fact that the cost of creating a shirt is the same now as it was 3 years ago.

also, are you implying that if devs did work in their parents basements items in Home would be cheaper? Smiley Tongue

Actually a vast majority of the items were being produced by Sony three years ago. And Sony would do things like give away the Playground space for free. They set the pricing structure, then left. They did not leave because they were making too much money I guarantee you.

BTW, developers who were around 3 years ago also left: Mass Media and JetSet Games for sure. Do you really think they left when all they had to do is make a shirt and they made money? Or do you think it is so easy to make money outside of Home that they left to go pursue easier profits?

The reality is that developers are subsidizing most things right now. How much should we lose so you can have a new shirt at a lower price?

The biggest thing that would make items cheaper is to have more people in Home buying things. Businesses have revenue points they have to hit to stay in business. If we could do it at a lower price point we would. The reality is that lower initial pricing means lower revenue. Our numbers have borne that out.

And no, if our costs were lower items would not be cheaper until we were actually covering our costs. Then we could talk about lowering prices.

things seem to have been blown way out of proportion here.

first off, i understand that development costs of certain things on Home do cost money, but i wasnt talking about those things. i was specificly refering to the smaller items that havent changed in design but just price.

things like personal spaces, public spaces, games, LMO's and such obviously cost money to make, and most of the time their prices are justified.

but the smaller things always seem to be expensive. like the prices are being raised on those in order to cover losses somewhere else. thats not good

Message 83 of 152 (297 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Jul 3, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

what does rent, food, energy, etc have to do with manufacturing costs of virtual products?

they sit at a coputer and design stuff on a program. they arent paying for fabric to make shirts, or ink to print on them, or boxes and shipping to get them to retailers. they produce 1 item and copy and past it as many times as they want. hence there not being an increase in manufacturing.

Not all devs are working out of their parents basement.

doesnt matter where you work. your guys offices could be on the moon, still doesnt change the fact that the cost of creating a shirt is the same now as it was 3 years ago.

also, are you implying that if devs did work in their parents basements items in Home would be cheaper? Smiley Tongue

You really, really need to stop. Go try running a business, then come back and post comments. I suspect they'll be far more informed.

you need to learn what manufacturing costs are.

the_original_se wrote:

HearItWow wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

what does rent, food, energy, etc have to do with manufacturing costs of virtual products?

they sit at a coputer and design stuff on a program. they arent paying for fabric to make shirts, or ink to print on them, or boxes and shipping to get them to retailers. they produce 1 item and copy and past it as many times as they want. hence there not being an increase in manufacturing.

Not all devs are working out of their parents basement.

You really, really need to stop. Go try running a business, then come back and post comments. I suspect they'll be far more informed.

you need to learn what manufacturing costs are.

But still. go for it. Kickstarter it!

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 84 of 152 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging?

Jul 3, 2013
You like that jer LOL. Kudo Smiley Happy
Message 85 of 152 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Message 86 of 152 (271 Views)
Survivor
1960 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Manufacturing cost is the sum of costs of all resources consumed in the process of making a product. The manufacturing cost is classified into three categories: direct materials cost, direct labor cost and manufacturing overhead

Message 87 of 152 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

DUH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot Smiley Wink

Message 88 of 152 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I guess nobody read the OP question..  It's pretty much a yes or no...  For as educated as you claim in business there's still that hesitation to say one word..

Cracks me up..Smiley Very Happy

Message 89 of 152 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 3, 2013

How do you report PM's in the forum again?

Message 90 of 152 (286 Views)
0 Likes