Jul 2, 2013

not at all, people are just cheap

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 152 (264 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

Jul 2, 2013

Yes, because they still have to make up for the outage.  They are far from it!!

Message 42 of 152 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13188 posts

Jul 2, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well don't forget the 4.99 Lockwood female handbags. I never touched them at that price but I certainly saw many women running around with them and in more than one color. 

As far as I know they are still in the mall and at the same price. 

I think in Japan, they're only 100 yen. 

Lockwood has never stated why the prices are more expensive in the US, than any other region. I believe these bags are cheaper in EU too, right?

the $5 price was probably a mistake, but then they saw people were actually paying that price and decided to keep it. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Sorry for off-topic...

YOUR RANK PIC SAYS E3 ON IT

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 43 of 152 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 2, 2013

EDEA_KRAMER wrote:

not at all, people are just cheap

Buying all the items from every Dev with no regard to cost is not the point... Many can do this as well as myself but when devs continue to jack prices up stuff or don't lower prices on old stuff (SALE) then they are flat out taking advantage of you and the situation..

I suspect they are the same ones selling a bottle of water to put a fire out for $30.00

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 44 of 152 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jul 2, 2013

That outfit was released over 2 years ago along with five others that were more reasonably priced. I did not buy that particular one. But I did buy the Amazon costume and an evening gown, which have been around for 3 years and are probably still priced at $6. The devs charge what they think people will pay, and there are some people out there that like to think being able to spend more makes them better. The devs are not going to ignore that group.

I probably spend less than most of my friends, but I still spend a lot. Some prices are too much and I don't pay them. The devs can charge whatever they want. Every once in a while they will test the market and say "lets see if they will pay this." If not, the next releases will probably be cheaper.

And EU included that outfit in their welcome back package in June 2011 for free.

Message 45 of 152 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
5454 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well I love the Succubus boots but I won't buy a bundle to get them. I know people who bought all the bundles just to have the different color boots. It's their money.

I simply wish they'd sell them separately then I'd buy them and for more than one account. 

I think the reason why Granzella sell stuff in bundles is because on Japan Home, it's against some sort of rule they have to sell items in a bundle and individually, so they have to choose one or the other. I'm sure Joey from nDreams mentioned it a while ago.

x__Vee__x's Streambadge

Message 46 of 152 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Brises_0000 wrote:

That outfit was released over 2 years ago along with five others that were more reasonably priced. I did not buy that particular one. But I did buy the Amazon costume and an evening gown, which have been around for 3 years and are probably still priced at $6. The devs charge what they think people will pay, and there are some people out there that like to think being able to spend more makes them better. The devs are not going to ignore that group.

I probably spend less than most of my friends, but I still spend a lot. Some prices are too much and I don't pay them. The devs can charge whatever they want. Every once in a while they will test the market and say "lets see if they will pay this." If not, the next releases will probably be cheaper.

And EU included that outfit in their welcome back package in June 2011 for free.

Thanks Brises_0000 for the info I already knew..

I'll take it your answer it NO to the OP...

Message 47 of 152 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 2, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:
Prices are set according to what the customers are willing to pay. That's a free market economy.

If a particular item goes on sale for half price a month after its release, the developer obviously misjudged their price point.

I don't see any gouging. Just a lot of people willing to buy rubbish that I wouldn't spend two cents on.

but if the person wants said item, they have to pay the price. they dont have any other option. if they want it, they have to buy it. they cant shop around for a better deal. so why not hike up the price to get some more profit?

and if you look at the first 2 years of Home, you can easily that prices have multiplied since then. they are all virtual items,so it s not like manufacturing costs rise, so how is it a shirt from 2010 costs $0.50 when one from 2013 costs $1.50? a chair from 2010 costs $0.50 but one from 2013 is $1.00?

its price gouging. over the years devs have seen that people will pay anything, so they have raised the costs beyond what they should be priced.

Really? Rent doesn't go up? Employee salaries don't go up? Energy costs don't go up? Food prices don't go up?

Virtual items are made by real people. Manufacturing costs increase over time, so prices go up.

If anything, Home devs have a much better sense now of what it takes to make a profit than they did three years ago. I'd call the pricing on the vast majority of items fair, with a few examples that are simply too expensive for what they are.

Price gouging only enters the equation if you absolutely must have a particular item. That Jet Setters space is a good example, because there's no other personal space like it. When it comes to things like clothes, LMOs and companions, there's generally more than one option available that allows users to avoid high-ticket items.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 48 of 152 (217 Views)
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Jul 2, 2013

And you are the one saying it's a message board and people are entitled to their opinion? You are really being a butthead.

Who cares what they charge? just don't pay it and quit being a forum antagonist.

Message 49 of 152 (213 Views)
Gaming Beast
1940 posts

Jul 2, 2013

stevev363 wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I think in Japan, they're only 100 yen. 

Lockwood has never stated why the prices are more expensive in the US, than any other region. I believe these bags are cheaper in EU too, right?

Conracts and licensing, different for each region.

Understood and Gouging doesnt discriminate from region to region either..

Message 50 of 152 (286 Views)
0 Likes