Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

Jul 2, 2013

jimmynet wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

jimmynet wrote:

HAA - My interpretation of that response..

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Not really.

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't.

Not really = They are but oh well..

I think developers make items certain prices, because they feel like that's justifiable to them, and the consumers they're dealing with.  = Love it or leave it..

Also, since a developer isn't making you buy an overpriced item. I think it's either you buy it, or don't. = DUH

I can see you're not happy with people not sharing the same opinion? Cat Surprised

Sorry to break it to you, but when I see an over priced item on PlayStation Home, I don't think they're gouging us for money at all. Because I either like the item and buy it, or I don't.

Not everyone is going to see eye and eye with your opinion on the gouging tactic. 

You may think that spending $5.99 for a suit is a bit much, and EU getting it free during 2011. Though, when them suits first released, they were everywhere on NA. I didn't see anyone complaining then about the fact EU got it free, and we didn't. 

Its an open forum to share you thoughts thats what I did thats what you did pretty simple that we dont agree, again oh' well..

The pic was just one example of over priced items just so you understand...

I think also, everyone has their own bar of what they think overpricing is. I've seen people think paying 1.49-1.99 for a top, is overpriced. But to me, if it top looks nice, I don't mind spending the 1 dollar and some cents for it.

This can be said about a lot of content in home though.

Back when Diesel was the most expensive developer on home, what was their item pricing again? 1.99 for all of the clothing. Back then when I first started home, I would've considered that pretty expensive for a virtual item. Though compared the prices of some things now, 1.99 looks a bit cheap.

Message 31 of 152 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Jul 2, 2013

When you say overpriced the first Dev that comes to my mind is Veemee, with there 50.00 No Man's Land bundle and rediculous prices on the items you can buy with tokens.  

Message 32 of 152 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

Jul 2, 2013

lol, I remember Lockwood when they released their horses for the first time. The horses were $1.49. Quick as a flash they were to correct that. Woman LOL

Message 33 of 152 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 2, 2013

Well don't forget the 4.99 Lockwood female handbags. I never touched them at that price but I certainly saw many women running around with them and in more than one color. 

As far as I know they are still in the mall and at the same price. 

Message 34 of 152 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Well don't forget the 4.99 Lockwood female handbags. I never touched them at that price but I certainly saw many women running around with them and in more than one color. 

I think in Japan, they're only 100 yen. 

Lockwood has never stated why the prices are more expensive in the US, than any other region. I believe these bags are cheaper in EU too, right?

Message 35 of 152 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
412 posts

Jul 2, 2013

It has also been on countless occasions that new items that came loose, and as a bundle, were a lot cheaper when you bought them each as a loose item, then the bundle.

Message 36 of 152 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4422 posts

Jul 2, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Lockwood has never stated why the prices are more expensive in the US, than any other region. I believe these bags are cheaper in EU too, right?

Conracts and licensing, different for each region.

Message 37 of 152 (236 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
34138 posts

Jul 2, 2013

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the $5 price was probably a mistake, but then they saw people were actually paying that price and decided to keep it. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 152 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 2, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

the $5 price was probably a mistake, but then they saw people were actually paying that price and decided to keep it. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't be surprised of this tactic honestly. It didn't seem to hurt Lockwood much, since I've seen several in the past 2-3 years.

Message 39 of 152 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 2, 2013

I think is was simply a test to see what women would be willing to spend. They were probably surprised with how many actually bought them at that price.

If it was a mistake it should have been corrected. I don't think it was a mistake and yes they were about a dollar in other regions. 

Message 40 of 152 (271 Views)
0 Likes