Sackboy
604 posts

Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

Jul 24, 2013

TJMVoyager wrote:

One of the things I have noticed and very common on PSH is the simple fact that they don't fix bugs, glitched, and stuff that doesn't work.

I am sick and tired of spending money on things and it becomes broken. I buy stuff because I choose to. Price don't matter to me, however with that said, Sony PSH should be responsible for these sort of things, of stuff being broken, and if they can't fix it, they should make good on there end, and refund us or give us the working/patched item.

Can't hide behind beta forever, it don't work anymore, can't use it as an excuse not to fix anything and drain our wallets.

I business // company is only as good as the business // company cares about there product. Smiley Happy

this thread about "Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging" not about home bugs stay on topic

ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 131 of 152 (384 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 24, 2013
It's a point I am trying to get across Smiley Happy
Message 132 of 152 (358 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Regarding price gouging, that's capitalism for you.
Carpe Diem.

In a tight economy companies are going to test and try everything that involves little financial risk with great financial reward. Think about it, all the resources that went into making No Man's Land and the extra for the custom suits. If that $50 suit bundle sold even as much as 20-30 times it's a success. They've made their money back on a lot of their works. It doesn't matter if thousands of vocal people object, as long as there is a market out there for the product and it sells then it will be sold.

It's like how many of the non Home users would scoff at the idea of wearing angel wings, riding a dino in a dino suit or Spunland. But we've proven we are a market for such a line of products and so they are made, they sell and continue to sell.

Pricing is always subjective. I used to be a member of a virtual world where discontinued official Levi's were more expensive than the real ones I was actually wearing! I used to resell them. Did anyone in that world moan about the prices? No. But of course we would.

I don't think devs are price gouging in Home. It's not like everyone is agreeing to sell their LMO's and bundles at prices the same as their competitors. There is clearly pricing competition between 3rd parties and most types of items always have a cheap alternative.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 133 of 152 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 25, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:

Regarding price gouging, that's capitalism for you.
Carpe Diem.

In a tight economy companies are going to test and try everything that involves little financial risk with great financial reward. Think about it, all the resources that went into making No Man's Land and the extra for the custom suits. If that $50 suit bundle sold even as much as 20-30 times it's a success. They've made their money back on a lot of their works. It doesn't matter if thousands of vocal people object, as long as there is a market out there for the product and it sells then it will be sold.

It's like how many of the non Home users would scoff at the idea of wearing angel wings, riding a dino in a dino suit or Spunland. But we've proven we are a market for such a line of products and so they are made, they sell and continue to sell.

Pricing is always subjective. I used to be a member of a virtual world where discontinued official Levi's were more expensive than the real ones I was actually wearing! I used to resell them. Did anyone in that world moan about the prices? No. But of course we would.

I don't think devs are price gouging in Home. It's not like everyone is agreeing to sell their LMO's and bundles at prices the same as their competitors. There is clearly pricing competition between 3rd parties and most types of items always have a cheap alternative.

Again this all boils down to one simple thing, and thats fix what needs to be broken. I don't paying whatever the price may be, but fix stuff.

Message 134 of 152 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3466 posts

Re: July 2013 Suggestion Thread

Jul 26, 2013
Re: July 2013 Suggestion Thread [ Edited ]

Mna_Grok wrote:
Hey Patchex. This thread is for suggestions only. Should you wish to discuss a particular suggestion, the PlayStation home devs have asked that it be done in a separate thread, either one you create yourself or, if applicable, a pre-existing thread.

There are a few threads that pertain to this Suggestion...

I am making a Suggestion that you please ask the Devs to Stop the Price Gouging. I have heard by word of Mouth that Sony is taxing the Crap out of the Devs and in turn Taxing us as well... Please if you can, talk them out of this way of doing HOME business. 

I Don't think ten bucks is a microtransactions. I would say a micro transaction is more like 99 cents and under...  I know you all have to make a living... Yet If you market and set better pricing, I really think you will sell more. So with more volume in buying you will make up the difference of the high cost, plus keep us happier and more willing to buy more next time. Plus I think you would make more in the long run with more people buying more of the items. 

I know I'm sounding like a Broken Record, yet I honestly think the price gouging is wrong. I also realize its a Social network and a way to make money, yet there is a better way then making things over priced for the items worth. Maybe Sony and the Devs want to share some of the Numbers with us so we can see How much is being made? So that way we can tell if your making back the money put in plus some, or if Its not enough to sustain the Devs, or worse it just plain Gluttony. I am a very reasonable person when treated Reasonably. Numbers I work with... And if I could see what we are facing, I could either Continue to ask nicely that you all lower the high Prices, realize your Not making enough, or know they are just being Greedy. 

Just look, all these people are here giving you the ideas, all you have to do is make them and sell them, (yes yes I know there are tons of middle men) yet in mass quantity, with no shipping and handling... Just digital copy's and mass amounts of buyers... Making them game related would help a lot too... 

Edit: post moved from July suggestion thread

U--J

Edit, Please Edit in a color that is your Own so people Do not think you are me please...

Also I was making a suggestion here as I do every month to stop the Price gouging in HOME, it is a suggestion so please Keep it here where it belongs and if you want to cut and Copy that is fine, yet I feel removal is unnessisary and also unfair... please take my suggestion with the best of intentions and please Show me the respect I deserve just like the rest of our community... If you want to get technical, you should move all the price gouging Threads into one thread yet that would be an undertaking of mass proportions, would like me to List all the ones I can find so that they can all be merged? 

Photobucket
Message 135 of 152 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3466 posts

Re: July 2013 Suggestion Thread

Jul 29, 2013

Why are you continuing to move my suggestion here Unicorn-Justice? I have at least three threads of my own that also cover this suggestion... Not to mention the fact that I have been posting this suggestion in the Suggestion Thread for Months... Is it that the Devs are sick of hearing it? Or is it that you do not wish for the Other community Members to See the Suggestion? Why would a valid Suggestion for HOME be removed from the Community's view? 

If the Devs and Sony don't like hearing it, maybe they should do something to alleviate the Tension that the subject makes. The community should know what's going on, even if its not a Positive subject... 

Sent: ‎07-29-2013 03:16 PM
Read: Not Yet Read

Twice now you have moved my suggestion from the Suggestion thread... You not only moved it, yet never Notified me that it was moved as well, and you did it in a very sloppy manner... May I ask why? There is a real problem going on that Needs to be addressed and I make a suggestion every month in the suggestion thread about it... 

It seems rude, ignorant and un fair to me that you and the team are doing this. I also think that if you want to clean up the threads in the manner one of your team suggested, there are dozens of threads on just the subject of HOMES Price gouging... 

Patchex

Photobucket
Message 136 of 152 (266 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28871 posts

Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging

[ Edited ]
Jul 29, 2013

Patchex wrote:

If the Devs and Sony don't like hearing it, maybe they should do something to alleviate the Tension that the subject makes. The community should know what's going on, even if its not a Positive subject... 

See Re: Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging - ( ‎2013-07-02 09:22 PM ). It may not be the answer that we want, but it is an answer.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 137 of 152 (252 Views)
Fender Bender
3466 posts

Jul 30, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

the_original_se wrote:
doesnt matter where you work. your guys offices could be on the moon, still doesnt change the fact that the cost of creating a shirt is the same now as it was 3 years ago.

also, are you implying that if devs did work in their parents basements items in Home would be cheaper? Smiley Tongue

Actually a vast majority of the items were being produced by Sony three years ago. And Sony would do things like give away the Playground space for free. They set the pricing structure, then left. They did not leave because they were making too much money I guarantee you.

Maybe they were not making much money because of things like 10 and 15 dollor spaces and Gold Suits and such?

BTW, developers who were around 3 years ago also left: Mass Media and JetSet Games for sure. Do you really think they left when all they had to do is make a shirt and they made money? Or do you think it is so easy to make money outside of Home that they left to go pursue easier profits?

Mass Media refused to sell a one price ticket and so did Jetset games... Conspiracy was to overly priced for a micro transaction game... So was the Midway, I actually paid for those tickets and didn't even use them due to the sexual nature of Mass Media's Content... I even bought a Shirt I thought was pretty cool until I realized the Giant Purple Elephant was on the other side and the shirt was a very provocative cut even for a (digital) T-shirt.

The reality is that developers are subsidizing most things right now. How much should we lose so you can have a new shirt at a lower price?

This is the Issue... We don't need a new Shirt at a lower price... I want games (Hopefully multi player to bring in the aspect of a network) with content (it may be Game related items or a low price for full game access, or items that are related to that game that fit my style, which is not hard to do... Mostly jeans and t-shirts...) that are reasonably priced. Not that I know what the rest of the community wants or needs, I can tell you what I would like to see and hope others follow so we can see what the community wants... And then you can see what the bigger picture really is... I am only one person, yet I know that getting to far from gaming on a gaming platform is a bad idea... 

See the Midway was a great idea... It was just implemented in a way that seemed very greedy and inappropriate... kinda like real carnivals lol Even though they made tons of mini games, (which I did enjoy a few of their mechanics especially when they had the mini game in CP and the Cannon ball effect) They were pricey and glitchy and raunchy as well as Glitchy, All the humor was of a sexual nature... Some might have found it entertaining, yet I found it repulsive... HOME is  age 14 and up not 18 or 21.

Conspiracy on the other hand was Expensive and the Devs seemed distant. Yet great Idea if it had been better priced. It was also very Glitchy...

Both games had issues with the gaming its self , Glitching weather that be programming, server communication or other issue, it should have been tested and fixed before release... This is a major and recurring issue with HOME... 

The biggest thing that would make items cheaper is to have more people in Home buying things. Businesses have revenue points they have to hit to stay in business. If we could do it at a lower price point we would. The reality is that lower initial pricing means lower revenue. Our numbers have borne that out.

Sounds like you need more gamers... Your Network of Gamers is right there... You all just need to grab it... We are one we are many LOL One person tells another and so on and so forth, the Friend chain, the same way things like PS HOME get started, that's the kind of thing that can keep it going... in other words... make games that tap into the social network of Sony... Advertising for Games such as Resident Evil and Tomb raider or something similar.

I came to HOME for Resident Evil Stuff and the Arcade space (the one that game launced Game play to RE right from PS HOME!). That is what drew me in when I first opened the mystery HOME Logo box lol Yet we do not see this as much.. its more (you) the 3rd party devs, HOME is no longer seems high enough profile for Major 3rd Party's... I waited for real Tombraider content from the new game and never really saw any even though it was advertised on the box of the copy I bought... Did I miss something? 

For instance this new Granzella Game is the first thing I have played since the charcoal game came out, and really the only things I have done on HOME in MONTHS ( Sadly I missed Lair's game do to real life, it was awesome sauce Im sure... ) I think I picked up one of the Free items from X7 too... yet That game does not interest me and I own most of the items they discount in that store already, so I do not even bother with HOME like I used to... I used to have a reason every day to log into HOME and play a game and often spend a bit of money on game related content and Talking with freidns or new people about gaming... Yet now I cringe even thinking of Logging into Home... I did not even look at the priced of Gransellas new game Add on content, cause I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere of the game I was getting into... 

I think you all on the Dev side are missing the reason People want to spend money on HOME... some might say they want expensive clothing or this and that (and they very well might want those things... and some might spend the big bucks on them...) Yet What HOME really needs is something that brings the people in and together so that they want to spend time in HOME... Yes to game, cause that's the most logical... yet other reasons, Like the social gaming aspect... that is very important, you need to give people a reason to talk and to want to buy that T-shirt to a freind (or even better is something that can be used in game Like a T-shirt that gives you speed... Kinda like what granzella does yet theirs is still to high priced for an average HOME goer...Micro means micro... anything over 99 cents isnt really micro, HOME is supposed to be a micro transaction program. Plus Granzella is Also somewhat Sexual in Nature...Not always the best Aproach, I know sex sells, its proven, yet at the same time, after the novilty of the sexy aspect then what? Not much to run with. Plus its not really all that age appropreate for the rating of HOME) 

I loved Sodium... 5 bucks was a great Price for Sodium... I would have paid another 5 for another 50 rounds of a similar style game... Sodium 2 was too high priced for me to really enjoy, yet the Beta I was in was well maintained however because of the pricing and a few other issues, the game did not grab me like the first sodium... 

And Xi really boosted the population of HOME for a while... We even had 600 plus member Clubs for the game... lol 

When there was nothing but Money based items and Nickel and Dime games (with the exception of free base to play games) left in home there was no real reason for many of those gamers to be in HOME. 

Granted HOME is very Diverse, nothing will ever Change that Playstion HOME is based on an entertainment system that is also a Gaming console Computer System. Yes I use my Ps3 for Web and Movies and Music sometimes, yet My system is in my house because of my love for gaming... and I have a feeling that many other PS3 Owners and HOME goers are similar in that aspect. 

And no, if our costs were lower items would not be cheaper until we were actually covering our costs. Then we could talk about lowering prices.

It seems odd to me that Company's would continue to produce products if cost were not being covered. Some one has to be making money if its been around for 5 years right? 

Also When HOME was being made, many talks about how to implement the monetary system were talked about... maybe Splitting the Servers and not making a single monetary system for HOME was a bad idea... Instead making it all based on Regions and the local currency to save on costs in exchange. It hurt the infrastructure of what the Program was like before the open Beta. Yet the idea of charging a monthly price was also not a good idea, I am glad they did not charge monthly and for clubs monthly... that would have really killed it. 

Truth is HOME is still up and running at the moment, its never too late to boost the numbers again so that the profits you want and need can happen... its not rocket science... 

I do hope you and your team do well, you seem personable and reasonable... that is the kinda Dev's HOME needs... 

Photobucket
Message 138 of 152 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3466 posts

Aug 2, 2013

stargatefan2 wrote:

TJMVoyager wrote:

One of the things I have noticed and very common on PSH is the simple fact that they don't fix bugs, glitched, and stuff that doesn't work.

I am sick and tired of spending money on things and it becomes broken. I buy stuff because I choose to. Price don't matter to me, however with that said, Sony PSH should be responsible for these sort of things, of stuff being broken, and if they can't fix it, they should make good on there end, and refund us or give us the working/patched item.

Can't hide behind beta forever, it don't work anymore, can't use it as an excuse not to fix anything and drain our wallets.

I business // company is only as good as the business // company cares about there product. Smiley Happy

this thread about "Do You Think HOME Devs Are Price Gouging" not about home bugs stay on topic

Actually I think that Bugs and them being fixed is a Pricing Gouging issue. why are the Prices so high if bugs are not being patched and fixed. (Not saying all company's do not fix stuff, yet a good chunk of Broken Items in HOME are still Broken or missing or such) Its a very valid Point to make.

Knowing a product is broken (like the Money animated suits and such), not fixing it, releasing it, and still over charging for it, is Price gouging and unfair to the customers, its a horrible buisness practice we see often in PS HOME...

Photobucket
Message 139 of 152 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Aug 3, 2013
at some yes i thing the over price stuff they need more free stuff not just from the games there are people out there you can not afford to buy stuff out there
Upload Geek - Free Image Hosting
Message 140 of 152 (179 Views)
0 Likes