Survivor
2284 posts

Re: Disposable Film Festival (and you!)

Mar 26, 2011

I am busy writing a review for the magazine.  First of all, I want to applaud SNEA for bringing this to the Community Theatre. Although I would have preferred to see videos about Home activities made by Home users, this was definitely a step up in recognizing that there is a mature audience in Home who can appreciate a cultural event that is not directly tied to a game.

As anticipated, when I was there, about half the audience was very attentive and appreciative ("interesting composition and use of color") while the other half were being rude, argumentative, and juvenile ("wut dis chit?").  But, that's the charm of Home isn't it - that it presents a cross-section of cultures side-by-side in a virtual reality where the only visual clues to identity are pixels. 

When will the results of the vote be revealed?  That will be an important part of the story.

And where did you get the idea to do this, Glass Walls?

Have you considered music videos by Home users for a show of this type?  Or a video of an Art Show by the Homelings or Imagine! or Bit Journal?

Whatever you can PM me for the article I am writing will be deeply appreciated.  I think this is a big step forward.

DarthGranny, staff writer, www.hsmagazine.net

Message 21 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Mar 26, 2011

My Vote is:

Paper Memories, Space Balloon, Graffiti Stop Motion, & The Kitty Papers..

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 22 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Mar 26, 2011

Tried to go and watch the Festival yesterday - but froze two times - soooooooo - unfortunately I won't be participating in the voting

Good luck to all

JPConway

Message 23 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Mar 26, 2011

great stuff,great idea and its gunna explode...watch...lol    thx sony...another home run...Coffee-with-Games Banner-2011.jpg

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 24 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2284 posts

Mar 26, 2011

I have LIVED the Kitty Papers - word for word.  Never realized just how old my kittay is until the vet asked and I had to dig out my kitty papers file.  And the look on the cat's face was so typical, "wut r my hooms doin now? when can I haz cheezburger?"

Message 25 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Mar 26, 2011

I tweeted for the Queen Mary one...I do agree tho the paper memories one was excellent..

Message 26 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Mar 28, 2011

Thank you all for voting. Just to make sure, did you follow the directions properly and include the tags and hashtags "@DFFest" and "#PSHome" along with your vote hashtag? (Wow, Twitter is complicated!)

When the DFF tallies up the votes and informs me, I'll make sure you all know which one was the PlayStation Home Audience Choice Award winner.

Message 27 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2633 posts

Mar 29, 2011

A..  JPConway.. Checkout the: PLAYSTATION HOME FILM FEST 2011, thread..

THE FAZEONES LOUNGE  2014 Home Logo
Message 28 of 28 (27 Views)
0 Likes