Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Re: Disappointed With Diamond Beach Mansion

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

Kaiser499 wrote:

Anyone else disappointed with it? I can't put pictures in the guest bedroom nor can I put anything in the kitchen area, can't even move the big dining room table that comes with the space in there. What gives?

Why do you think they made a OPEN HOUSE?

Unfortunately many of the issues with the Diamond Mansion can not be discovered by the open house.

Like how they do not tell you that you only get 100 slots for ALL the mansion spaces combined!  Sony continues to refuse to update their numerous active items that still use the default 22 slots, thus even with just one older active item in each area, you would be left with just 3 slots to decorate each of the 4 huge areas - not even including the Yacht.

The open house is also misleading as it makes it look like it comes with lots of built-in furnishings, when in fact it is largely empty.

After spending the last week visiting all the different Diamond Mansion areas (except the Yacht), while there was much I really liked, unfortunately there was far more that I didn't like, and many things that were inexcusable.

For instance, on the first floor & beach section they don't allow you to swim in the ocean, there are almost no built-ins, and not a single beach chair on the beach, and the lion looks like it came straight from a children's cartoon show.

Inside, while the interactive features add a sense of realism to the space, like opening and closing doors... Only the person using them sees the action.  And why have pantry doors that open if they don't put anything in there to see... And you can't place items in them either?!?!  It just makes the place seem deserted.

Upstairs, they did not even include a spawn point on any of the 2nd story balcony area and even with the doors open, it is still blocked off from moving objects through to the balcony. The bed only has one position. While they made a huge closet - its completely empty.  How hard would it have been to simply have a graphic with various clothes to make the place look lived in?

And don't get me started on the bath tub!  Yes, its cool you can turn the faucet on, but not only is this yet another interactive feature that only the user sees, but the water that fills the tub looks absolutely filthy.

The infinity pool area also has lots of issues.  Not a single built-in seating - no pool chairs, or beach chairs, or anything. The built-in bed you can not even sit on, its just an ornament. And how could they forget to put in a hot tub?  When swimming in the pool there is no camera option.  At least here they let you swim in the ocean, but then someone forgot to include the fish and turttles like there are at the Yacht Club & Marina.

These are just some of the many issues with these mansion areas that make this space look rushed, incomplete, and not at all well thought out.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 11 of 88 (1,247 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

Jul 24, 2013

TDBWID wrote:

Kaiser499 wrote:

Anyone else disappointed with it? I can't put pictures in the guest bedroom nor can I put anything in the kitchen area, can't even move the big dining room table that comes with the space in there. What gives?

Why do you think they made a OPEN HOUSE?

How exactly would an OPEN HOUSE help in terms of the picture frame and furniture placement issues that the op mentioned? READ and think.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 12 of 88 (1,242 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I agree with a lot of the points made in this thread, the open house looked nice but the actual mansion itself seems half arsed. It is definitely not worth the $14.99 price tag.

Message 13 of 88 (1,219 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Jul 24, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote: 

Like how they do not tell you that you only get 100 slots for ALL the mansion spaces combined!  Sony continues to refuse to update their numerous active items that still use the default 22 slots, thus even with just one older active item in each area, you would be left with just 3 slots to decorate each of the 4 huge areas - not even including the Yacht.

Where is there confirmation of this? I know the spawn points are strange and I was wondering if this might be the case. I sincerely hope it isn't. 

Message 14 of 88 (1,205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote: 

Where is there confirmation of this? I know the spawn points are strange and I was wondering if this might be the case. I sincerely hope it isn't. 

I do not own these areas (can't call them spaces as they are not separate spaces), but I was fortunate enough to get invited to a tour of them from a couple different people who purchased them, and they confirmed that all the mansion areas are considered one space that share the 100 slot limit.  So instead of doing what the original Mansion spaces did, by making them each separate spaces so each has it's own 100 slot allocation, and linked so that you did not have to use the nav menu to go to a different part of the mansion, they made it like nDream's The Complex, where all the additional areas you have to pay for use the same 100 slot allocation - making the space look practically empty.

In fact, adding insult to injury, unlike the original mansion, they included far fewer built-in furnishings to the Diamond Mansion, so not only do you ONLY get 100 slots, but you also get fewer built-ins than the original mansion that has four times as much slot allocation!

Considering one of the most frequently complained about issues in Home is the 100 slot limit, it amazes me that they did not make each one of these areas a separate space.  Yes, it means if you have guests over they have to be re-invited when you move to a new area, but how many seconds does that take, and isn't that worth a few hundred extra slots?

This is just another example where the people designing these spaces are not at all paying attention to what their customers have been saying for a very long time, and what is causing them to lose more and more customers along the way.

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 15 of 88 (1,185 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Jul 24, 2013

I think it's a really nice place. Ofc there are some things I would like to change, a spawn point in the kitchen would be nice, lion sent to some zoo etc. But overall I think it's a really nice place, and I don't see any problems with decorating it even if it's only 100 slots. You just need to be creative.

Message 16 of 88 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Jul 24, 2013
how exactly would one purchase floor 2 or the infinity pool without a hack as they arent released nor were for sale? and if they arent seperate spaces how would you explain the fact an MVP i know was in a space labelled floor 2? i think you are wrong about it being one space.
Support Forums
Message 17 of 88 (1,154 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Jul 24, 2013

Not to mention that in the open house the spare bedroom has stuff on the wall where in the actual purchasable mansion you cannot put any wall decorations in there.

Message 18 of 88 (1,153 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4505 posts

Jul 24, 2013

s9358 wrote:

I don't see any problems with decorating it even if it's only 100 slots. You just need to be creative.

Huh?!?!

Sure, maybe if you only buy one area, then you can get creative and make it look lived in (although with no option to put things in the pantry or closet, "lived-in" is hardly what it is ever going to look like, but more importantly, all the areas share the same 100 slots.

I'm sorry, but you have to get VERY creative to ONLY use 100 slots in just one of the areas, let alone all of them combined.  To suggest this is only a creativity issue is nonsense.  It is in fact an inexcusable oversight.  Even if they had added more built-ins as they did with the original mansion, no amount of creativity is going to make this space looked lived in with just 100 slots for all the areas.  

"Like it never happened"

Message 19 of 88 (1,148 Views)
Fender Bender
2280 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

This is a last push to make money as Home starts to fade out. That's all this is--you fall for it or you don't.

....and if anyone who got the space for free is going to say anything about that, you're going to sound like a real fool, so don't even bother.

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 20 of 88 (1,126 Views)