Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 01/11/2012
Offline
864 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013

The reward probability has not changed since the Lucky Fountain first arrived in The Casino. When you throw a chip into the fountain, it is a random chance that you will receive the reward. Each individual chip has the same chance of receiving the reward, and it does not take into account how many chips you’ve tossed into the fountain.

Follow us: http://twitter.com/digitalleisure ------- Like us: https://www.facebook.com/DigitalLeisure
Message 21 of 35 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4505 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

The reward probability has not changed since the Lucky Fountain first arrived in The Casino. When you throw a chip into the fountain, it is a random chance that you will receive the reward. Each individual chip has the same chance of receiving the reward, and it does not take into account how many chips you’ve tossed into the fountain.


The probability may not have changed, but clearly something was not working properly then.   The odds that no one out of around 40 that we talked to said they did not get the reward after well over 100 attempts, while previously in the day, everyone including myself was getting it within 20 or so tries... Sorry but the math and probability doesn't add up.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 35 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/06/2011
Offline
199 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013
Maybe the people standing around the fountain didn't have the prize because the people that won it in a couple tosses left without paying attention to the conversation around them.
Message 23 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/05/2010
Offline
635 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013
When is the anniversary cake supposed to be available? I thought it was supposed to start on Wednesday. What type of "interaction" will be needed?
Message 24 of 35 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Offline
8001 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013

boxer_lady wrote:
When is the anniversary cake supposed to be available? I thought it was supposed to start on Wednesday. What type of "interaction" will be needed?

I'm sure I had read that the cake will be available Friday (Jan 11 th). Previously it was mentioned that folks will need to proceed to the dancefloor area of the concourse. I'm guessing a dance is in order to receive your cake.

Message 25 of 35 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4505 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

ichibanluckycat wrote:
Maybe the people standing around the fountain didn't have the prize because the people that won it in a couple tosses left without paying attention to the conversation around them.

We took that in account, which is why we stayed in each lobby for a min of 30 min, watching people toss, and when they stopped sent them a PM, and each one said they didn't get the reward.  While earlier, we were all getting it in just seconds.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 26 of 35 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/23/2010
Offline
4501 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013
I won the item after 4 chips. Just wish it was a little bigger.

YB

Message 27 of 35 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/21/2012
Offline
3408 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 10, 2013

digitalleisure wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

SeminoleNative wrote:
Well I'm in a rush for it because these "free" items don't stay avail for so long. Pretty soon they will stop offering the Clock and will offer the Cake for their Anniversary. You can't go back to get any free item when you missed out on it. That's why Home should have a store labeled FREE with all the free items in it from events and from home in general. I'll wait and hope like the rest of us lol

There is a problem with your logic.  The cake will most likely be available when you enter the casino along the lines that the 4th of July hat, the beaver hat as well as the Olympics flag that they gave out.  In a previous post DL said the tower reward would be around for about a month from the fountain


Just to clearify here. For the free cake you'll actually need to come to the dance floor and interact with our event. Smiley Happy


I guess this means no partry crashers >_>.

 

Won't stop me though Smiley Tongue

 photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 28 of 35 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/17/2011
Offline
1157 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 11, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

digitalleisure wrote:

The reward probability has not changed since the Lucky Fountain first arrived in The Casino. When you throw a chip into the fountain, it is a random chance that you will receive the reward. Each individual chip has the same chance of receiving the reward, and it does not take into account how many chips you’ve tossed into the fountain.


The probability may not have changed, but clearly something was not working properly then.   The odds that no one out of around 40 that we talked to said they did not get the reward after well over 100 attempts, while previously in the day, everyone including myself was getting it within 20 or so tries... Sorry but the math and probability doesn't add up.


Selection bias.

 

I've spoken to many people who've tossed over a thousand chips into the fountain to get a reward. I spent well over 2,000 chips to unlock the original fountain. I know it's frustrating, but it sounds like you and your friends have been very lucky on previous attempts.

 

 

 

 

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 29 of 35 (79 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4505 posts
 

Re: Digital Leisure – Elizabeth Tower Reward

Jan 11, 2013

Right... Because after all errors like this never happen in Home.... 

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 30 of 35 (74 Views)
0 Likes