Oct 12 2012
By: Scoop1942 Sackboy 269 posts

Did Lockwood Gift Shop miss the mark?

12 replies 361 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

For me, the purpose of the gift shop is to see the items outside the in-machine photos so I can decide what to "wish" for... inaccurate scaling somewhat defeats that purpose... So I am a bit disappointed that many of the displayed gifts are not actual size... and because of that, you can't be sure which one's are...? Why did Lockwood change the sizing on the displayed items??

I don't want to complain too much here, because I think having a showroom for the gift machine is a wonderful idea... but the items should be representative of what you get, no? (A showroom for all stores would be nice, actually - October suggestion?)

Message 1 of 13 (361 Views)
VP of Gaming
34146 posts

Re: Did Lockwood Gift Shop miss the mark?

Oct 12, 2012

i dont have a problem with them making the companions large, because we all know the average size of companions.

but making regular furniture items larger than they are can somewhat be annoying and some would even call it false advertising. although i dont recall any furniture items being displayed larger than they actually are in the gift shop/showroom; i could be wrong though.

Message 2 of 13 (351 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I agree. It's wasted potential.

Can't view information about the item in question or interact with it. They even have wrong dragon on display.

Message 3 of 13 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Yes they should be. I suspect many would see them an assume they are the actual size unless it's specified there in the space. I haven't personally visited it yet. Been busy doing other things. 

Message 4 of 13 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I think what peoples expectations are and what they updated are two different things.  Lockwood always had an overgrown scale item in the lobby where you spawned (this is nothing new) then you walked in and everything else was normal.  With the egg game the cockatrice, minotaur and the dragon were oversized and the statues too. 

Not being able to interact with the items or view more detail information is also the same, it doesn't bother me that they have large scale items on display, but I would like to interact and view more detail about the item before purchasing.  LKWD never claimed to have changed anything but the look, so its not a fail in my book. 

Message 5 of 13 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Yes they should be. I suspect many would see them an assume they are the actual size unless it's specified there in the space. I haven't personally visited it yet. Been busy doing other things. 

I think that's what it is exactly Joanna. One of the items they show over-sized is the T-rex. I know that its small, but someone else might not know that. And I think the developer's are counting on that to fool potential buyers. Why else do they say "No Refunds".

bobs fed signature
Message 6 of 13 (255 Views)
Highlighted
Sackboy
282 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I agree that it was a wonderful idea, but in general the space is ok. I'm hoping for those changing rooms in the back to be of some use in the near future. I am usually wary of getting clothing from the gift machine due to the fact I don't know how it looks on my avi. Luckily some of the stuff is only different colors from the in-store versions.

MissMajor_ForumSig_Hearts
Message 7 of 13 (198 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11830 posts

Oct 13, 2012

The space is totally lame. They  threw this piece of crap together because they didn't update the the showcase.

They should have at least gave some kind of Halloween reward for visiting it. FAIL Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 13 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3752 posts

Oct 13, 2012

The lobby just got a makeover not a full on face lift  Smiley Very Happy Love the new decor Heart

Message 9 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Oct 13, 2012

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

The space is totally lame. They  threw this piece of crap together because they didn't update the the showcase.

They should have at least gave some kind of Halloween reward for visiting it. FAIL Smiley Mad

It's not really a space that I see getting alot of return visitors. I was expecting something to interact with and yes a halloween themed reward would have been nice. I myself would have been happier had they fixed the gift machine so that it would work more than just every other time I try to send something.

Message 10 of 13 (152 Views)