Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Re: Did Heavy Water/Heavy Ink store disappear??

Sep 25, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

That was the case when this OP was made last month, somehow all of H2O ended up under New & Featured last Wednesday(9/18) so they probably are in costumes now too, idk.  I checked for new items but there weren't any.

AphaZone4 shows that Heavy Water made the Diablo outfits. Is this correct?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 21 of 46 (380 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Lizardwrestler99 wrote:

They replied to my e-mail and said they still plan to develop for Home, just been busy with their AGP Pro.  The store is in the Costumes section.  Same thing with Mass Media.  The majority of active devs get more exposure to earn their Nav slot.  Time for me to dig around and see what they're up to.Smiley Wink

Heavy Water said the same thing six months ago... (and they still havent even fixed the Gift Machine issue in Avalon Keep) which Joystick_Warrior says he informed them of that issue several months ago, and Mass Media also stopped making Home content a long time ago, as has Jet Set Games, Diesel, and many others.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 46 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Heavy Water said the same thing six months ago... (and they still havent even fixed the Gift Machine issue in Avalon Keep) which Joystick_Warrior says he informed them of that issue several months ago, and Mass Media also stopped making Home content a long time ago, as has Jet Set Games, Diesel, and many others.

And other developers have started developing for Home, D-N, so I don't think this alone proves or even really indicates anything. I can make a list if you like, but I'm guessing you could make a list yourself.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 23 of 46 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
631 posts

Sep 25, 2013

Lizardwrestler99 wrote:

A third floor would be good.  Since they been busy with their AGP Pro lately, perhaps they are messing around with that.  A new tool kit could be quite useful.  I know us girls got our Pinups, perhaps they can make male versions at some point for the guys and I want to see more sections to Avalon.  Smiley Very Happy

I want to see more added to Avalon Keep & Hexalon, too. They were my favorite spaces for some time, but it turned into a ghost town once the newness wore off. I still went there for quite some time, but there just isn't anything else to do there anymore. I really do hope they continue to develop those spaces & maybe add the ability to enter the Towers on Avalon Keep and throw in some games as well.

Antonio Xul
Message 24 of 46 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4521 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

And other developers have started developing for Home, D-N, so I don't think this alone proves or even really indicates anything. I can make a list if you like, but I'm guessing you could make a list yourself.

I have, and have posted it on the forums before.  There have been far far far more companies that have developed and or licensed products for Home that have left than have ever joined and stayed.

Not only that, but John from Game Mechanics who has been developing products for Home for many years even publicly shared the reason Mass Media and Jet Set Games left Home, and it was simply they couldn't make enough money to make a go of it.

The last time Heavy Water made anything for Home was several months ago, and while I haven't checked their website and Twitter page in many months, they had stopped even mentioning Home for months before that.

Look, I appreciate being optimistic, but I am too much a realist to ignore the direction Home is headed, and it isn't pretty.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 25 of 46 (330 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 25, 2013

I guess it moved again...I thought the stores were supposed to be easier to browse, not harder and frustrating and I still get lag during validation process.  Price errors still appear too. 

Message 26 of 46 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3093 posts

Sep 25, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

I have, and have posted it on the forums before.  There have been far far far more companies that have developed and or licensed products for Home that have left than have ever joined and stayed.

Not only that, but John from Game Mechanics who has been developing products for Home for many years even publicly shared the reason Mass Media and Jet Set Games left Home, and it was simply they couldn't make enough money to make a go of it.

The last time Heavy Water made anything for Home was several months ago, and while I haven't checked their website and Twitter page in many months, they had stopped even mentioning Home for months before that.

Look, I appreciate being optimistic, but I am too much a realist to ignore the direction Home is headed, and it isn't pretty.

We can discuss this later if you want. My reply to each your points would be long, then your reply to me would be longer...

Message 27 of 46 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Sep 26, 2013

Blizzard actually made the shirts and costumes and there is a Blizzard tab in Costumes store.  Maybe AZ4 is aware of the mistype

Message 28 of 46 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Sep 26, 2013
@LizardWrestler despite saying Blizzard officially, many licenses are dolled out to dedicated Home devs to create under their companies name. In fact many many promos were worked on in Home by the HW team even before they used that moniker. Were you aware that The Playground space (personal and public) and items were created by Heavy Waters' Matt? He told us so at an AZ4 developer expo a few years back. The fact they are tweeting about it would seal that they made these also in my mind. But nothing is ever sure in the world of Home *shrugs*
Support Forums
Message 29 of 46 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Sep 26, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
@LizardWrestler despite saying Blizzard officially, many licenses are dolled out to dedicated Home devs to create under their companies name. In fact many many promos were worked on in Home by the HW team even before they used that moniker. Were you aware that The Playground space (personal and public) and items were created by Heavy Waters' Matt? He told us so at an AZ4 developer expo a few years back. The fact they are tweeting about it would seal that they made these also in my mind. But nothing is ever sure in the world of Home *shrugs*

Let us not forget that Heavy Water made the Chamber Apartment long before we knew who they were.  

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 30 of 46 (266 Views)
0 Likes