Aug 12 2013
By: ralahinn1 Fender Bender 2879 posts
Accepted Solution

Diamond Beach Mansion Questions

[ Edited ]
33 replies 599 views Edited Aug 12, 2013

1) how do I get the tvs on the first and second floor to work( all it plays is playstation blog)

2) I found the place to change the time of day, but isn't there suppose to be something to change the weather too? Where is it?

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 1 of 34 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3099 posts

Re: Diamond Beach Mansion Questions

Aug 12, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

1) how do I get the tvs on the first and second floor to work( all it plays is playstation blog)

2) I found the place to change the time of day, but isn't there suppose to be something to change the weather too? Where is it?

I haven't bought that place and I wouldn't, so you might want to double check this with some one who has, but my understanding is the TV's can't be turned off and I don't believe this space has weather control.

Tour a space and ask lots of questions before buying in the future, is my advice, especially something that looks like a rough draft that was never finished and costs way more than it should.

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 2 of 34 (589 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 12, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

ralahinn1 wrote:

I haven't bought that place and I wouldn't, so you might want to double check this with some one who has, but my understanding is the TV's can't be turned off and I don't believe this space has weather control.

Tour a space and ask lots of questions before buying in the future, is my advice, especially something that looks like a rough draft that was never finished and costs way more than it should.

The TV's can be turned on and off but the programming is simply canned material. You have no choice in the programming you watch. That is really a shame. Loot really needs to license it's EOD technology to other developers for use in their personal spaces so it can be baked in.

The built in Theater on the second floor is simply a big disappointment. I see no point in having it without a service like Crackle. 

Relative to the weather you can't change it but you can change the time of day. There are 4 different settings. There is also a setting to turn dynamic time of day on or off. With it off the time of day you select will not change. Dynamic lets the day/night cycle on it's own. I'm not sure what the time frame is for a complete cycle. 

Message 3 of 34 (569 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Aug 12, 2013

I do have a big loot tv,lol, I might just mount it up over the existing one. Thanks for you help.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 4 of 34 (524 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 12, 2013

ralahinn1 wrote:

I do have a big loot tv,lol, I might just mount it up over the existing one. Thanks for you help.

Sadly EOD televisions won't work in an apartment which already has a baked in video device. The radios won't work either if I'm not mistaken. 

Message 5 of 34 (507 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3099 posts

Aug 13, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ralahinn1 wrote:

Sadly EOD televisions won't work in an apartment which already has a baked in video device. The radios won't work either if I'm not mistaken. 

Actually they only state that the won't work in spaces where the video or sound can't be turned off. I've heard that the EOD TV's and radios don't work in the mansion, so I assumed that was why (that they couldn't be shut off). If they can be shut off, why wouldn't the TV and radios work there?

The above comment is my opinion, unless I state a fact. You can disagree with my opinion, but facts are facts.
Message 6 of 34 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 13, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

ralahinn1 wrote:

Actually they only state that the won't work in spaces where the video or sound can't be turned off. I've heard that the EOD TV's and radios don't work in the mansion, so I assumed that was why (that they couldn't be shut off). If they can be shut off, why wouldn't the TV and radios work there?

That's interesting. I wasn't aware that was part of the criteria. These can definately be shut off. I'll try placing an EOD shortly to test it just to see. 

Edit: The TV's can be placed and when set to play they attempt to load video but end up with an Error code 131. Interesting that I can get the menu to load initially but loading a video also gives a unable to display video error 101.

Message 7 of 34 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3279 posts

Aug 13, 2013

You can turn the screen off,  but the actual video feed doesn't shut off.  If you turn the TV off and back on you'll see it's skipped ahead as if it was still playing.  I suspect that's what is causing the EOD errors.

photo rsz_pshomeless1_zpst3ouqfpg.png
Message 8 of 34 (447 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 13, 2013

bestscreenname wrote:

You can turn the screen off,  but the actual video feed doesn't shut off.  If you turn the TV off and back on you'll see it's skipped ahead as if it was still playing.  I suspect that's what is causing the EOD errors.

Perhaps that's something that can be fixed.

I think it's time that developers get a clue and understand that canned video feeds are really a waste of time. They'd be better off giving the community the freedom to place their own EOD's if they choose. 

I see no point in using the screens at the mansion. They are there simply for decoration in my view. 

Message 9 of 34 (445 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1772 posts

Aug 13, 2013
I think the PS3 may not be able to process trying to put LOD on the regular televisions in the mansion...do I hope I'm wrong yes I do but with the memory and Ram it takes to make that is a bit excessive...maybe if Home is coming to the ps4 we could see it
Message 10 of 34 (440 Views)
0 Likes