Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 02/03/2010
Offline
10662 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

No you're right Titus, saying Home's a beta at this point is purely excuse. The beta tag is only there as liability now, there's absolutely no way a program lasts 4 years in a beta stage. Smiley Tongue

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 51 of 74 (302 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/13/2011
Offline
8 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

TitusF wrote:

Bambi-01us wrote:

     Home is a beta, and it has been for awhile now.  So there is going to be issues.  Who knows if it's ever going to leave this stage.  Content is added weekly now, and a lot is being tested daily.  We have a choice to buy or not to buy.  It's a beta, do we take a risk for small issues?  Yes.

 

     The house tools are right there for us if we want our money back.  I've never had an issue getting my money back for any reason.  Please don't hold back, and call for a solution.  Please contact them at (866) 286-5123. They are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am. To 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time.  They know the costomer is alway right.  Nobody is getting ripped off.  They make it right.


This is my opinion & mine only but I have long since been convinced that calling Home a beta given how long it's been available to everyone, just serves as an excuse for a reason to rationalize any problems that may occur from the app. It's like saying The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a beta & will always be because there will be constant updates to fixes & content releases for it. And no, I'm not trying to compare Home to a game despite Home having hundreds of mini-games inside of the app.


I am going to have to agree with Bambi on this one guys. Home is still in beta whether you like it or not. Yes you can compare it to other titles as skyrim and  so forth but you are missing the point by a long shot due to built up disappointment in the matter at which accrues. Home is constantly evolving and not just with new stuff being added but with core updates that fix issues with home. If I am not mistaken  tech this is still  "Open beta" we are in. The point is if you didn't like what you got the first go at calling. Call again maybe they will change their mind and give you a refund. Just remember we are not forced to purchase anything on home. It is up to us to purchase what we want. If life always goes the way you planned then you are just living in a fantasy. We lose some and win some, so just keep trying. You happy.~~~ so take things as limons in the medow. just make sure to make limons instead of squeezing Smiley Happy.

 

 

 

 


HO HO HO AHHH SANTA JAWS

\ /

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~^~~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

============Who gives presents and bites people?================

=================Santa Jaws!====================

===============================================================
Message 52 of 74 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 09/08/2007
Offline
2175 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

No you're right Titus, saying Home's a beta at this point is purely excuse. The beta tag is only there as liability now, there's absolutely no way a program lasts 4 years in a beta stage. Smiley Tongue


 

A better term that should be used is, "perpetual beta". It's better suiting but doesn't quite roll off the tongue.

 

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_beta

 

 

"Perpetual beta is the keeping of software or a system at the beta development stage for an extended or indefinite period of time. It is often used by developers when they continue to release new features that might not be fully tested (As with a beta in general). Perpetual beta software is not recommended for mission critical machines. However, many operational systems find this to be a much more rapid and agile approach to development, staging, and deployment."



Homie From November 26, 2008 - September 13, 2013.

Shady business practices? File a complaint to the BBB.
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started
Message 53 of 74 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

AbysmalDawna wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

AbysmalDawna wrote:

ILLUMIN-X wrote:

 

 

 


So you ask for refunds all the time?

 


When I purchase something, and its not downloaded in my inventory of course I call at once and explain to them along with the item number and the time I purchased it and expect a refund.

And if this seems odd...or even mildly out of place to expect to recieve what I've paid for.,then its fairly evident that

this is something being taken advantage of on a corporate level.

In fact its really shocking to be honest that people dont expect to be able to get their money back.

And in reality..up until tonite Ive wound up repurchasing the items. A perfect example is the Granzella museum which I had to buy 4 times in 10 days all due to Sony errors and hadnt I asked for a purchase refund (yes all 3 times prior) I wouldnt have recieved it.

A closed mouth doesnt get fed.


If you dont mind me asking how do  you buy with credit card or some other way?  If you use a credit card there is no way you can go wrong that I see because you can dispute it with credit card company.  I have made hundreds of purchases with cc and never had a problem.

 


This last purchase today was with a 20.00 PSN card. After I was double billed I removed my Paypal Mastercard debit card (which was specifically for purchases on the PSN network). The very second you transfer funds to your wallet from the Paypal account it automatically debits the Paypal account.  Within mere seconds Paypal as well as PSN send you an electronic receipt.

 

 

PSN sent me a bill for a product they already were paid for a full 2 weeks later and hadnt I had enough in the account I would have received an overdraft fee because a hold was placed on the money.

 

When I disputed the charges and provided proof of the error, Sony then banned me for failure to pay.

Paypal then took the 20.00 back out of PSN's account and redeposited into my account after an investigation.

 

5 days and 11 phone calls later, I finally got a SCEA floor manager to admit that they did recieve my payment, but Sony still wanted me to mail them a money order which I refused to do because I didnt owe them a penny.

The SCEA floor manager went back and forth placing me on hold and after almost 45 minutes he got my ban rescinded and my account was cleared.

 

Now heres the fun part....

 

When I got back into Home it turns out the 20.00 of purchases made (that they tried to bill me twice for) had been removed from my account, so I had to start all over again to get my money refunded to my wallet.

 

The story didnt end there either...but in the interest of time I dont do debit or cc's anymore and for this to happen with a PSN card tonite AGAIN, shows something is wrong.

 

Bambi said she always gets refunds and perhaps she does...but there are many and I do mean many others who have legitimately lost money during purchases only to be denied a refund and this happens more often than not

 

Message 54 of 74 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/12/2009
Offline
588 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

Well taking into account other virtual worlds such as IMVU or Second Life, that are NOT betas yet have issues and still update the software which have bugs (to me is normal for any software program). The beta tag is just an excuse for any issues. I personally do not have many issues with Home, and any issues I do have I expect since it IS a software program (NO software is perfect, yet is updated consistantly by the company to address any issues). The beta tag is an "excuse" for any issues which in my view is wrong. Sony should just stop stop using the beta tag since it won't stop any consumer from filing a lawsuit, complaint, etc. If any user would seriously consider presuing a lawsuit, Sony would would lose.

Message 55 of 74 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
3241 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

As far as the entire Beta thing.

Of course we all understand that Home is a Beta, but...they leave it as a Beta to escape liability. And as long as people are willing to accept the Beta excuse then we are left to assume the liabilitys and losses.

Ask any of the thousands of people last month that recieved overdrafts because of sony's billing screw up. Beta didnt pay the bank penalty fees.

At least they should have had the common courtesy after the fact to send the customer an email apologizing for the error (which no notice whatsoever was sent out), nor did they even contact the banks of their customers.

 

These types of practices are very much inexcusable Beta or not.

And name one other product line thats been in Beta stage for close to 4 years and charges for it ?

The word alone implies an open or closed to the public TESTING STAGE.

So exactly what (besides the patience and wallets of the very people that have supported them) are they actually testing ?

Message 56 of 74 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/27/2009
Offline
2961 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

As far as corporations go SCEA is by far one of the worst. There like people in a porn theater bathroom. Nobody wants to touch anything. So when they screw up there attitude is, its not my job to do it right. You don't have to wonder why this country is all screwed up...



AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................





Message 57 of 74 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/12/2008
Offline
1668 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

What's most annoying more then anything, is the amount of network errors, and locking up, and freezing. I think that home developers themselves need to fix that first before releasing anything with how unstable Home is.

Message 58 of 74 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
189 posts
 

Re: SCREW SONY AND THEIR RIP OFFS

Oct 4, 2012

I also have a fun Sony refund story. Okay, so I accidently bought a makeover ticket for WKC "1" instead of the second game. It was around 5$. I'm human. I made a mistake. So, I call Customer Service and I told the guy I don't want a refund really I just want basically the same item for the same price just for the second game. & he said he would just give me a refund for it. Cool, right? 

No. I got an email maybe an hour later saying my refund couldn't be processed. 

 

I was irritated. But in this scenario I feel I just lost 5$ for 'my' mistake. I can live with it. But when it is someone else's mistake.. That is when I could see myself in the same shoes as you.. It's a terrible feeling of being robbed.

 

But I've had a good refund story too. It was easily rectified in maybe a matter of 2 days. (Yeck items) Woman Frustrated 

 

Oh, and that makeover ticket is still sitting there. No point in playing the first WKC when WKC2 has the first game remastered with it. lol.


(*≧▽≦) ♪ One Night Carnival! ☆(≧▽≦*)
http://pandakneesocksxiv.tumblr.com/

Message 59 of 74 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
354 posts
 

Re: Demand your refund even if Sony denies it initially behind paid for purchases !

Oct 4, 2012

@ ILLUMIN-X

I never have any problems buying stuff on playstation home its probably ur own connection missing u up and not Sony. also ILLUMIN-X you say wont buy any thing on home again but just like the rest of who say that you will buy something new.


proud owner of both eighth generation gaming consoles.
Message 60 of 74 (164 Views)
0 Likes