Aug 18 2011
By: KarateChampChad Ghost of Sparta 10662 posts

Dead Island Zombie Survivor Game Guide

95 replies 250 views Edited Aug 18, 2011

Here's a game guide posted by Locust_Star on the PS Blog this morning, it talks a bit about the game and challenges and how the rewards are earned. Have a look.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/08/18/playstation-home-guide-dead-island-zombie-survivor-game-ch...

PlayStation Home Guide: Dead Island Zombie Survivor Game Challenges

+ Posted by Locust_Star // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Dead Island Axe

Dead Island’s zombie epidemic has infested PlayStation Home for a gruesome limited-time game event. The latest in a series of on-going PlayStation Home “Total Game Integration” content offerings, this special event allows players to unlock an exclusive weapon for use in Dead Island by completing all 10 challenges in a PlayStation Home game based upon Deep Silver’s highly anticipated open-world horror action/adventure title. We’ve put together a list of challenges to help guide you through the undead mayhem as well as quick video that shows the gory and ghoulish action included in the Dead Island TGI event, available right now in PlayStation Home.

Dead Island in Playstation Home: Total Game Integration

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/2040/

After you’ve taken the “Zombie Survivor Quiz” and unlocked Dead Island-inspired clothing items and snapped photos of yourself posing with the walking dead in the hilarious “Zombie Photo Shoot” game, approach the tiki bar in PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza to play the Dead Island-themed “Zombie Survivor Game.” Hack, slash, bludgeon, shoot, decapitate, and dismember swarms of zombies in a series of bloody, hyper-violent challenges that reward survivors with special Dead Island content – including the “Exploding Zombie Bait,” a mega-powerful weapon for use in Dead Island that can only be acquired by surviving the onslaught in PlayStation Home. Here’s a list of all the challenges (and what you’ll win for completing them):

• One Man Army – Survive all three waves of zombies in single player.
  • Iron Will – Survive an entire wave in multiplayer without being downed.
  • Nobody Left Behind – Survive an entire wave in multiplayer with all four players.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 1-3: Dead Island Deck Chair furniture item.
  • “A” for Style – Kill zombies using every available finishing move in single or multiplayer.
  • You Got Red on You – Stack up 100 kills in single or multiplayer.
  • They Belong to Me Now – Cut off 200 limbs in single or multiplayer.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 4-6: Dead Island Suitcase furniture item.
  • Handyman – Craft 10 different weapons.
  • Here, Have Some Random Stuff – Craft and donate 10 items to the community.
  • Smorgasbord of Stuff – Craft and donate every type of item to the community.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 7-9: Dead Island Electrical Machete furniture item.
  • Completionist – Complete all nine challenges.
  • *Reward for completing challenge 10: Exploding Meat weapon for use in Dead Island.

After you football kick the head off of a twitching, dismantled corpse (yes, that’s a real finishing move) be sure to pre-order Dead Island directly from PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza and receive an exclusive “Exploding Zombie Outfit” for your avatar. Do you have what it takes to decimate the ranks of the undead menace or are you just another meal in waiting? Log in to PlayStation Home today and show the reanimated hordes of the walking dead what you are made of.

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 3 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Re: Dead Island Zombie Survivor Game Guide

Aug 18, 2011

So... in other words, we can't get bubkiss until the 1st, since all of those require having access to Wave 3 and the final weapon...

AND it's all furniture? :/ C'mon DI Team... the machete could've been an epic hand-held prize. -.-

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 1 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Thank's Chad! That's sweet. I can't wait to get home to try it some more. I was only able to get the 1st wave of single player done in challege one before heading out of the apartment.

I LOVE the fact this is multiplayer and that you can play it with friends.

Message 2 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3361 posts

Aug 18, 2011

:\ i guess im not going to play the game till sept 1'st. No need of wasting time playing if the items are not unlocked till those challanges unlock.

• 1. One Man Army – Survive all three waves of zombies in single player.
  • 2. Iron Will – Survive an entire wave in multiplayer without being downed.
  • 3. Nobody Left Behind – Survive an entire wave in multiplayer with all four players.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 1-3: Dead Island Deck Chair furniture item.

• 4. “A” for Style – Kill zombies using every available finishing move in single or multiplayer.
  • 5. You Got Red on You – Stack up 100 kills in single or multiplayer.
  • 6. They Belong to Me Now – Cut off 200 limbs in single or multiplayer.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 4-6: Dead Island Suitcase furniture item.

• 7. Handyman – Craft 10 different weapons.
  • 8. Here, Have Some Random Stuff – Craft and donate 10 items to the community.
  • 9. Smorgasbord of Stuff – Craft and donate every type of item to the community.
  • *Reward for completing challenges 7-9: Dead Island Electrical Machete furniture item.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 4 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Crazy-88 wrote:

So... in other words, we can't get bubkiss until the 1st, since all of those require having access to Wave 3 and the final weapon...

AND it's all furniture? :/ C'mon DI Team... the machete could've been an epic hand-held prize. -.-

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402531 <- Login/MissingItems issues, over 6 month old problem still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still unreturned as of current.

My guess is they set it up this way so it'll keep us coming back, instead of reaping all the rewards in a couple of hours and never coming back for the game. At least we can work towards the rewards available so once 9/1 comes you can finish up and collect your stash

Furniture isnt so bad, I'm diggin' the deck chair but yeah some cool hand item weapon like an electric machete would have been wicked.

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 5 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Thank's Chad! That's sweet. I can't wait to get home to try it some more. I was only able to get the 1st wave of single player done in challege one before heading out of the apartment.

I LOVE the fact this is multiplayer and that you can play it with friends.

Agreed, can't wait to play the game with friends Go a zombie slayin' lol

Message 6 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Also, I edited the OP a little bit. Viddler vids don't seem to show on the Jive forums so I switched the big white square with a link to the TGI Video

Message 7 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Aug 18, 2011

KarateChampChad wrote:

My guess is they set it up this way so it'll keep us coming back, instead of reaping all the rewards in a couple of hours and never coming back for the game. At least we can work towards the rewards available so once 9/1 comes you can finish up and collect your stash

Furniture isnt so bad, I'm diggin' the deck chair but yeah some cool hand item weapon like an electric machete would have been wicked.

XD Whatever floats your boat Chad. If ya need help you know where to find me, but somehow my PS3 let me use the double-axe and wave2 when I first went there, so I'm 90% done, all I'm missing is wave3, and using/giving the 9/1 item. I won't be back there til the first unless to help friends. lol

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Message 8 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3361 posts

Aug 18, 2011

They could of at least let us get 1 or 2 of the items :\. I mean we have to come back to the space since it is central plaza lol. Look at the KZ3 event. we got rewards for unlocking task. Even after we received all of the items we still came back to play b/c it was a good event. Same with this event but it's kind of discouraging that we cant even get 1 item for spending hours getting those challange's done.

KarateChampChad wrote:

Crazy-88 wrote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3402531 <- Login/MissingItems issues, over 6 month old problem still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still unreturned as of current.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 9 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1395 posts

Aug 18, 2011

Game is very fun but way too easy and it very much sucks the way they have locked certain parts of the game and game use items. It's obviously being done to keep us looking at the game promos longer but come on guys. I just left gamestop 30 minutes ago and preordered this game. I don't need to be talked into it anymore. What I'd like, is to be able to propely play this mini game.

I mean you're even allowing us to collect saw blades for a damn weapon we can't even make because you locked the freakin thing. Just unlock the stuff already and let us enjoy this game for what it's supposed to be 100%. The whole "staged" rollout was whatever for the little quiz and photo thing but locking parts of a mini game to try and have it "released" in stages is just plain stupid and not cool or a good idea...

Message 10 of 96 (250 Views)
0 Likes