Nov 20 2008
By: OddSix Last Guardian 12198 posts

Day of days...

46 replies 4 views Edited Nov 20, 2008

This is truly a day of days...

First I want to thank those people I know who have yet to be invited to Home for their continued commitment to the Playstation Home boards by sticking around and Posting and Threading their thoughts, grief's, anger, love, hate and general humanity here, in our community of great people, this shows that there is still life that breaths in the Home Boards, a once unpopular board.  Unpopular because who would want to lurk in a space that had little or no information on Home?  Well we proved that even with Home being delayed and pushed back, we proved that we as a people could lurk more, and instead of craveing information, we make due with what we had and choose to make friends with commone interests, that's what makes us great, that's what will make Home great... Not its functions, not its game zones but YOU, Home is NOTHING without YOU.

I have seen quite a few flops and props given and taken by Sony, I haven't been here as long as vets like Teddy (a name that will stick here and in Home for a long time), people like Frosty, who may not frequent here on the boards as often, but has always shown respect in areas I could not...  People like Shungoku, our mod...  Who has time and time again cut me slack when I get crazy and angery when in situations like the Home beta invites...  And more, these people are obvious KEY players in Home's expanding network of great people to know and respect, they show NO favoritism but show complete respect to you and I as users...  Hands down, without argument.

So this is a good day, I say it so rarely that I feel weird saying but, my hats off to Sony on the word of 1.0...  It should provide a lot more hope here on the boards then rumors and arguments have in the past, this is not just another day to me, this is a day of days as I don't have much to look forward to in my life at the moment...  But after seeing more and more people getting into Home I feel a little uplifted...  Hell, just a little happy.

Im grounded, all my arguments about Sony just went out the window the first 30 minutes I've been logged into the PSU...  I think they may have turned around and got a big wakup call from YOU, the users of the PSU Home Boards.

So yeah, thanks for being cool about it guys and thanks for not hating me too bad the last few months, trying not to hate on a home beta tester while your not one is hard, I know...  I gave Teddy so much guff about it Smiley Indifferent  But he always countered with cool posts and would in turn, put my foot in my mouth overtime, and in a way, its made me what I am (as a user/tester) here on the PSU.

I always stay active here because I still feel im one of you, the non beta testers, and only hope you would still look at me the same way...  For those that don't know me and for those that do know me, this Thread is for you.

Thanks for the greats Posts and Threads and even thanks for the bad ones, all of them make me look more and more forward for all of you to get in and stay in... It shows what humans you all and myself really are.

EDIT: forgot to use spell check

Message Edited by war_smurf on 11-20-2008 01:51 PM
Photobucket
Message 2 of 47 (4 Views)
Fender Bender
3158 posts

Re: Day of days...

Nov 20, 2008
Great Post Bro, Much Love to you.
GamerFitNation.com
Message 1 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Nov 20, 2008
Will kudo when can.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 3 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2299 posts

Nov 20, 2008
Good post. Think most of us can agree with that.

Message 4 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8824 posts

Nov 20, 2008

Hey great post smurf. We will get Home soon enough. Yea I've got stuck with this guy through all the good times and the bad and most of his corney jokes I can never seem to get.  lol smurf just joking.

Message 5 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1006 posts

Nov 20, 2008
nice post man, kudo if can!
How do you keep an Idiot Busy? (look Down)

Howdo you keep an Idiot Busy? (Look Up)
Message 6 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6846 posts

Nov 20, 2008

Thanks for the post, War

You definitely are a great member of the community and though I tend to leave the forum a lot of times to keep from getting frustrated . . . . it's always great to come back and see you and a few others here and get to chat with you all!

"I want to fly, into the sky
Turn my back on this whole world and leave it all behind
This place is not my home. It's got nothing for me
Only leaves me with emptiness And tears in my eyes"

PSMVP: Motivated. Vigilant. Passionate.
Message 7 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6880 posts

Nov 20, 2008
War you know that you're my boy......through all of the stuff before the invites and you've stayed my boy after you got one! If I knew you outside of the gaming world I'm sure that we would be kickin' it. Great post and stay cool man!
Photobucket
Message 8 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Nov 20, 2008

war_smurf wrote:

This is truly a day of days...

First I want to thank those people I know who have yet to be invited to Home for their continued commitment to the Playstation Home boards by sticking around and Posting and Threading their thoughts, grief's, anger, love, hate and general humanity here, in our community of great people, this shows that there is still life that breaths in the Home Boards, a once unpopular board.  Unpopular because who would want to lurk in a space that had little or no information on Home?  Well we proved that even with Home being delayed and pushed back, we proved that we as a people could lurk more, and instead of craveing information, we make due with what we had and choose to make friends with commone interests, that's what makes us great, that's what will make Home great... Not its functions, not its game zones but YOU, Home is NOTHING without YOU.

I have seen quite a few flops and props given and taken by Sony, I haven't been here as long as vets like Teddy (a name that will stick here and in Home for a long time), people like Frosty, who may not frequent here on the boards as often, but has always shown respect in areas I could not...  People like Shungoku, our mod...  Who has time and time again cut me slack when I get crazy and angery when in situations like the Home beta invites...  And more, these people are obvious KEY players in Home's expanding network of great people to know and respect, they show NO favoritism but show complete respect to you and I as users...  Hands down, without argument.

So this is a good day, I say it so rarely that I feel weird saying but, my hats off to Sony on the word of 1.0...  It should provide a lot more hope here on the boards then rumors and arguments have in the past, this is not just another day to me, this is a day of days as I don't have much to look forward to in my life at the moment...  But after seeing more and more people getting into Home I feel a little uplifted...  Hell, just a little happy.

Im grounded, all my arguments about Sony just went out the window the first 30 minutes I've been logged into the PSU...  I think they may have turned around and got a big wakup call from YOU, the users of the PSU Home Boards.

So yeah, thanks for being cool about it guys and thanks for not hating me too bad the last few months, trying not to hate on a home beta tester while your not one is hard, I know...  I gave Teddy so much guff about it Smiley Indifferent  But he always countered with cool posts and would in turn, put my foot in my mouth overtime, and in a way, its made me what I am (as a user/tester) here on the PSU.

I always stay active here because I still feel im one of you, the non beta testers, and only hope you would still look at me the same way...  For those that don't know me and for those that do know me, this Thread is for you.

Thanks for the greats Posts and Threads and even thanks for the bad ones, all of them make me look more and more forward for all of you to get in and stay in... It shows what humans you all and myself really are.

EDIT: forgot to use spell check

Message Edited by war_smurf on 11-20-2008 01:51 PM

kodus

Message 9 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Nov 20, 2008
If i was to recieve an invite I would make more friends, and talk more.I would enjoy meeting everyone in home. Too bad I dont have playstation home,otherwise I would probably see you all around sometime. I am saying this for anyone who feels like adding me and plans to meet me on the otherside.
Message 10 of 47 (4 Views)
0 Likes