Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Re: Hackers

Jan 28, 2014

Hack da planet!! Smiley Indifferent

hackermovie

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 71 of 111 (669 Views)
Welcoming Committee
5959 posts

Re: Hackers

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2014

****All-points bulletin****be on the look-out**** 

The hackers are coming!  The hackers are coming! Woman Happy

Edit: Merged discussions.

--Emmental-er

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 72 of 111 (647 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Re: DNS hackers are killing home

Jan 28, 2014

hackers are really anoying plus when they start moding ingame like making the avi big or deforming themselves I also heard cloning 

Message 73 of 111 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Sargaana wrote:
Point is MSX, people want to enjoy ps home without fear of getting frozen from hackers or whoever. SONY can, but will not do anything about it. People are crying for help and no one is listening. We call SONY only to be told to make a report on the web page. NOTHING IS DONE. So the alternative is leave ps home watch sales drop and SONY wonders why and by then too many people have left, SONY can't make a profit, so they shut down ps home. La Dee f'n daw!

the point is that you're asking for the impossible. NOBODY can stop the DNS hackers or the DoS attacks knocking people out of servers. let me reiterate that last sentence so you understand it, NOBODY ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH CAN STOP IT. they can run safeguards that help prevent DoS attacks being successful but ultimately if the hacker is determined enough they're unstoppable. 

@LilithMorrigan so what should i do then? sit here quietly while the rest of you make yourselves sound ignorant posting countless threads about something none of you have a clue about? oh yeah no that sounds totally logical, thank god you were here to correct me if not i don't know what might have happened....do you really think i'm that daft? of course i realise they're venting but what's the point? they're still acting like they have no other option than to whine on here all day & quit Home. it makes them look like the way a spoiled child acts, they want but can't have so they sit here & complain all day hoping they'll get what they want but what they want is impossible. so to quote you #dealwithit you're never going to get what you're wanting here.

my suggestion, put that drive into demanding new spaces, new items, new functionality. i guarantee that if all of you put that much into those things instead of complaining Home would be twice the size it is now with people flooding in in droves. instead people are run off because of nothing new & your constant fear mongering. there's no squad of DoS attackers patroling Home 24/7 & the DNS hackers haven't devalued anything since devaluation is only in your mind. so what? because 10 other people have an item thousands of others worldwide have as well it's worthless? that fact alone reinforces what i've said before about elitism in Home & peoples inability to get over pety jealousy because they can't be the center of attention without knowing nobody in the space has the same central item they have.

Message 74 of 111 (606 Views)
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Jan 28, 2014

msx293 wrote:

Sargaana wrote:
Point is MSX, people want to enjoy ps home without fear of getting frozen from hackers or whoever. SONY can, but will not do anything about it. People are crying for help and no one is listening. We call SONY only to be told to make a report on the web page. NOTHING IS DONE. So the alternative is leave ps home watch sales drop and SONY wonders why and by then too many people have left, SONY can't make a profit, so they shut down ps home. La Dee f'n daw!

the point is that you're asking for the impossible. NOBODY can stop the DNS hackers or the DoS attacks knocking people out of servers. let me reiterate that last sentence so you understand it, NOBODY ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH CAN STOP IT. they can run safeguards that help prevent DoS attacks being successful but ultimately if the hacker is determined enough they're unstoppable. 

@LilithMorrigan so what should i do then? sit here quietly while the rest of you make yourselves sound ignorant posting countless threads about something none of you have a clue about? oh yeah no that sounds totally logical, thank god you were here to correct me if not i don't know what might have happened....do you really think i'm that daft? of course i realise they're venting but what's the point? they're still acting like they have no other option than to whine on here all day & quit Home. it makes them look like the way a spoiled child acts, they want but can't have so they sit here & complain all day hoping they'll get what they want but what they want is impossible. so to quote you #dealwithit you're never going to get what you're wanting here.

my suggestion, put that drive into demanding new spaces, new items, new functionality. i guarantee that if all of you put that much into those things instead of complaining Home would be twice the size it is now with people flooding in in droves. instead people are run off because of nothing new & your constant fear mongering. there's no squad of DoS attackers patroling Home 24/7 & the DNS hackers haven't devalued anything since devaluation is only in your mind. so what? because 10 other people have an item thousands of others worldwide have as well it's worthless? that fact alone reinforces what i've said before about elitism in Home & peoples inability to get over pety jealousy because they can't be the center of attention without knowing nobody in the space has the same central item they have.

You're suggesting that we put our effort into requesting new spaces and things for us to purchase in a game/virtual world that has a huge problem with hackers disrupting gameplay? At this point, it's obvious you're just saying stuff for the sake of disagreement, becuase no one is that naive to do such a thing, or believe that it would be a solution to anything. Yes, let me continue to spend money to dress my avatar in outfits that will look real nice on that frozen screen lol. Yeah, you're just trolling at this point.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to know the technical ways Sony can prevent hackers from doing their thing. I do know that there is always a cat and mouse game between hackers and programmers, but to say no one on the face of the earth can stop something is laughable. Stop pretending that you know so much more than everyone about how things work lol.

Hackers exist in just about any game or online community. And true, it is very hard for programmers to stay a step ahead of them at times. But there are games and communities with a much larger userbase than Home, which in turn have a much larger population of potential hackers, yet hacking isn't nearly as big a problem in those games. Are there frequent game freezes in a game like say, COD? No, of course not, because the developers put the necessary amount of resources into containing these sort of problems.

Hackers do still beat the defenses sometimes. That's why you have moderators in-game. And when these people are caught, they don't have their accounts suspended, they have their consoles banned from online services. You can never stop hackers 100%, but the problem can be made much, much smaller with the proper precautions. The bottom line is Sony is not willing to spend the resources to defend Home properly. I would assume this is because the revenue Home bring in doesn't warrant that, so I guess I can understand that.

I think this discussion has run its course now, so I'm done here. The facts are out here, and now this has devolved into laughable claims of hackers being unstoppable, and complaining about the complaining about the complaining. I can only assume name calling and insults are to follow. Thank you to those have read my posts in this thread and have supported my statements. Let's all just hope Sony can do something to at lest somewhat contain this problem so we can continue to enjoy the product. Long live Home! Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 111 (586 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Jan 29, 2014
Honestly, I think not enough is being done because Sony wants us to move on from ps3 to ps4.

#What to do
Stan: So we're just gonna let other kids decide which game system we all play on? What would they do on Game of Thrones? What would they do when things look their darkest?
Message 76 of 111 (528 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
183 posts

Jan 29, 2014

CookieConchetta wrote:

VioletWinds wrote:

LilithMorrigan wrote:

What is "beyond boring" and is and isn't fun is a matter of opinion. There are certainly plenty of people that still enjoy using PS Home normally and within the rules, so stop using your personal disinterest as an excuse to use Home outside of the normal parameters.

Home has TOS which we are all expected to adhere to. Though I can't say I have every rule committed to memory, I'm fairly certain using any sort of exploit/hack is against that TOS, no matter what the nature of it is. So, there is no "grey area" in that regard. Anyone that violates TOS should have the proper action taken against their account.

In addition, anyone that uses exploit/hacks to get items that are available for purchase at no charge is not only violating Home and Sony's TOS, but the law as well, because that's called theft.

While some of the things that can be done with hacks/exploits may be harmless and interesting, you don't get to make the decision regarding whether it's ok or not.

Well said. I wish I could give you kudos more than once.

LOL just LOL..  sounds like the uneducated are are growing in numbers

Its always funny to see one the THE biggest violators of using expolits chime in on these topics. Fact of the matter is @LilithMorrigan  is spot on. Not matter how you spin the use of ISE or any other expolit, when you agree to install and use Home, whether you like ToS or not, you either abide by it or deal with the consequences. Any violation of the ToS is no only punishable by Sony....but depending on what you do, is punishable by law. And @CookieConchetta , if Home is soooo boring to you why do you continue to use it??  

Message 77 of 111 (480 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Jan 29, 2014
If I am not mitaken I have seen PlayStation MVP's on this forum use ISE as well. What Hypocrites.
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 78 of 111 (394 Views)
Uncharted Territory
903 posts

Jan 29, 2014
*Mistaken
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zpsdb1a5950.jpg
Message 79 of 111 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Jan 29, 2014

SkullFirekills7 wrote:
If I am not mitaken I have seen PlayStation MVP's on this forum use ISE as well. What Hypocrites.

Then why are you here posting about it when you should be reporting it via PM to Tempest_Fire? Have your proof ready when you do.

HomeStationMagazine
Message 80 of 111 (390 Views)