First Son
3 posts

Re: DNS hackers are killing home

Jan 28, 2014
Ok good idea... But, how are we supposed to play Ps Home when we keep getting froze??? Stop going to public spaces is the only solution.... So I guess playing Ps Home NOT in public is our only option. Cool.
Message 61 of 111 (548 Views)
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Just face the fact that home has turn into third party paradise for making money and frankly I think home has turn into a greedy place for developers to make money from people. Nothing get fix anymore if place then 5 months old and sad thing is sony sitting back and not doing anything to stop people doing DNS hack or people freezers others. Most people I have talk to are more hostile towards you when you ask were they got something. So I pretty much given up on home and I enjoying playing warframe with clan I have join.   

Message 62 of 111 (547 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28876 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Iionheart1215 wrote:
But, how are we supposed to play Ps Home when we keep getting froze???

I never "keep getting froze", yet I visit several public areas. Including areas listed as "dangerous".

I have been frozen before. Maybe twice due to an attack. Other other freezings were due to technical issues. But I haven't been frozen often enough to let it ruin my Home experience.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 63 of 111 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
12490 posts

Jan 28, 2014

myalana wrote:

Ummm thanks. Now respond to me please. I purchased all my rare and unreleased items through inspect and am trying to understand your problem with the feature. Didn't you once post a picture of Lady Eventide's Hat (but didn't wish to share it)? I'm sure that was just a picture of someone you knew and you just happened to be in their Harbour Studio. At any rate, I'm anxiously awaiting your reply. Thanks!

A. I don't have a problem with player inspect.

B. I did let someone inspect the hat.

Message 64 of 111 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
380 posts

Jan 28, 2014

Spicey_Lollipop wrote:

Just face the fact that home has turn into third party paradise for making money and frankly I think home has turn into a greedy place for developers to make money from people. Nothing get fix anymore if place then 5 months old and sad thing is sony sitting back and not doing anything to stop people doing DNS hack or people freezers others. Most people I have talk to are more hostile towards you when you ask were they got something. So I pretty much given up on home and I enjoying playing warframe with clan I have join.   

sorry, had to fix! Smiley Tongue

Message 65 of 111 (496 Views)
Sackboy
262 posts

Jan 28, 2014

msx293 wrote:

i love these threads, it brings me back to a point i made that was deleted recently. this is a forum for PS Home, it's not the submission form for a nobel prize. so what? should i, who has never been affected, just go on a righteous crusade against the tyranny of those who violate the ToS even the slightest? why not have someone make a profile named robin-hood while we're at it? we could channel our inner carey elwes & dress up in green tights & call ourselves the merry men too...

in all seriousness, i hear your anger towards the DoS attackers but unless sony goes through & updates every server with costly DoS attack safeguards, no matter how hard you crusade you'll never stop them. it is impossible without your ISP having DoS safeguards & sony having DoS safeguards. my god even the NSA & CIA can't stop a DoS attack, their sites along with countless other government sites have all been knocked offline by them, even within the past month. 

so realistically what do you crusaders suggest sony do to stop this? i want to hear viable suggestions. you just sound ignorant yelling "IP BAN! IP BAN!" do any of you know how the DNS hack works? do any of you know how hard it would be to stop the DNS hack? you all sound like this "we're angry but we don't know what to do except be angrier until our demands are met! crusade with me for the impossible!" 

please, i'm begging you, stop posting these threads. none of you here have the slightest clue as to what you're trying to achieve here. if sony could stop it they would have done it already. they have known of the hack for years now & i'm 100% confident in saying they know how it works too. my suggestion is to stop crusading against something you know nothing about & be more proactive in reporting the users, leaving the space they're in to avoid confrontation & provocation, warn your friends, and be cautious & conscious about your surroundings in Home. that is all you can do, all this with the "DEATH TO THE HACKERS!" crusade is worthless & pointless, you're not even trying to be proactive towards a solution here, you're all just openly complaining.

^^This^^ right here should be stickied & imbeded

People that execute these malicious DoS attacks can run circles around an 'ip ban' & like the author above stated be more proactive & cautious, at this point it's all we can effectively do instead of repeating endless uneducated threads

A Citizen of Anor Londo..
Message 66 of 111 (480 Views)
Wastelander
532 posts

Hackers

Jan 28, 2014

Is anything going to be done about the hackers....how can they keep freezing servers and Sony looks the other way????

#SpunForever #HappySpunling4Ever
Message 67 of 111 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Re: Hackers

Jan 28, 2014

This is yet another thread about hackers, i would suggest adding it in the support forums maybe this thread posted here as its the most recent and active.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-Support/Merge-Freezing-Still-NOT-Patched/td-...

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 68 of 111 (502 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3859 posts

Jan 28, 2014

:^/ I'm sure Sony isn't just looking the other way.

On television police dramas, the audience is kept in the loop for every step of the investigation, and everything wraps up neatly within the hour. Of course, real life isn't like that. We aren't told what steps are being done, nor is there such a time limit.

Message 69 of 111 (495 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jan 28, 2014

I get atleast 3-7 freezes daily due to hackers I want somthing to be done or atleast here some messege from psn that they are doing somthing about it

Message 70 of 111 (475 Views)