Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: DNS hackers are killing home

[ Edited ]
Jan 26, 2014

myalana wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

HOPPER_34 wrote:

I'll tell you what DNS "hackers" are doing to Home. They are spending a lot of money that they probably wouldn't spend otherwise to buy items that aren't available to the general public. Wrong or not, there is no argument about how big a source of revenue it is for Home. 

This is true, and there is a big thread about it...........Smiley Surprised

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Updated-1-25-The-Illustrated-Reference-Of-Ra...

So you want the inspect feature removed because you worry that items were brought into circulation and made available to the general public and now Sony will collect this revenue and people will have more choices and that will be a bad thing? Help me understand this please.

I don't know if this was a reply to my post, but just to be clear, I was simply making a statement that it is a source of revenue for Home. I certainly haven't suggested anything about wanting the inspect feature removed and I never have a problem with people having more choices. In terms of the actual practice of using the alternate DNS mall and/or people inspecting those items for purchase? I have no real worthwhile opinion on that anymore. People will do what people do and what goes on in Home in general is of very little consequence to me at this point. 

Take care and have fun. Smiley Happy

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 41 of 111 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
13104 posts

Jan 27, 2014

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Inspecting and buying means you're legally paying for the items you are buying through inspect. DNS, ISE, or whatever means you aren't paying Sony, you're paying someone else who is taking items that are meant to be gone and selling them. Inspect is the right way, not DNS.

And who might that be? It's already been confirmed by a few people who had no problem talking about it on here, that they are legitimate purchases. They get a confirmation E-Mail and can even check their XMB account purchases.

Besides that, do you think Sony would allow someone else to profit  by selling their items? Don't be so naive.

Message 42 of 111 (513 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
8001 posts

Jan 27, 2014

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Inspecting and buying means you're legally paying for the items you are buying through inspect. DNS, ISE, or whatever means you aren't paying Sony, you're paying someone else who is taking items that are meant to be gone and selling them. Inspect is the right way, not DNS.

And who might that be? It's already been confirmed by a few people who had no problem talking about it on here, that they are legitimate purchases. They get a confirmation E-Mail and can even check their XMB account purchases.

Besides that, do you think Sony would allow someone else to profit  by selling their items? Don't be so naive.

Ummm thanks. Now respond to me please. I purchased all my rare and unreleased items through inspect and am trying to understand your problem with the feature. Didn't you once post a picture of Lady Eventide's Hat (but didn't wish to share it)? I'm sure that was just a picture of someone you knew and you just happened to be in their Harbour Studio. At any rate, I'm anxiously awaiting your reply. Thanks!

Message 43 of 111 (488 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

myalana wrote:

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Ummm thanks. Now respond to me please. I purchased all my rare and unreleased items through inspect and am trying to understand your problem with the feature. Didn't you once post a picture of Lady Eventide's Hat (but didn't wish to share it)? I'm sure that was just a picture of someone you knew and you just happened to be in their Harbour Studio. At any rate, I'm anxiously awaiting your reply. Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with inspect and those who try to push that line really need to stop. It doesn't matter where the content came from. Those puchasing it did not hack or ISE any of it. Sony is fine with it too so give it a rest already. 

Sony needs to put all of those items in the mall. They are on the servers with prices and should be made available in that format as well. 

Message 44 of 111 (486 Views)
Welcoming Committee
6367 posts

Jan 27, 2014

I would think if these folks are actually stealing like a lot of people are claiming. Sony would take steps against them.

It's Sony's mess to sort out anyways. 

The Player Inspect is a legit feature implemented and sanctioned  by Sony.

The rest of this nonsense is Sony's problem. I know I pay for my items and I'm sure other folks are paying as well.

I'm not going to loose any sleep over who's paying and who's not. That's Sony's job.Woman Happy

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=[/IMG]
Message 45 of 111 (446 Views)
Lombax Warrior
134 posts

Jan 27, 2014

What I don't like is people in U.S. using Hed Kandi dance when it wasn't available for U.S. I still see a lot of people use this dance as ISE and I would like for Sony to just make it purchaseable for the rest of us.

Message 46 of 111 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Jan 27, 2014
Hahaha I think the cloning thing they do is hilarious, I watched my friend do it to this girl dressed like a hooker so she got mad and changed her outfit. It probably is annoying though
The Drought Was The Very Worst
Message 47 of 111 (341 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Jan 27, 2014

just to be clear.. DNS cannot freeze others.. have been a few cases of it possibly doing such, but its unclear consider populated space and even less possible to confirm who has what running and how they run it.  DNS is beyond patched and blocked from allowig users to even attempt freeze.. made limiters and even crash the object loader preventing user from doing it if they begin to attempt or flood/lag... as for being a giant.. i tested this many times.. and found never lags anyone when im in a steril enviroment (private server)..but there are ppl out there that lag bomb and freeze servers cuz they see a gaint and can pin the blame...  

however that is the dns i know and use, i know of other dns and been told they followed behind patched it against ability to freeze also...

dns allows mall hacks as well and mall hacking is legit and legal form of commerce no matter how shaddy and in grey area it may appear, these items still purched from sony/devs however accessing items is the trick.  but they are legitimate purchases.  

as for paying someone else to ISE/MH.. do not do this.. no one needs to be told why.. if u dont know why then u shouldnt even be here....

ISE is all rewards and my guess is rewards never really considered to be of any level of return anyway.. else they be for sale not for trading/gifting/earning..

that being said DNS users and developers are in the clear..the real issue is jailbroken ps3's running rouge plugins creating havok.  

ICE items are items one doesnt posses or own nor shoud have.. (have to reload em every time u reboot into home) however to balance the argument out, it does bring interest back to ps home having fun items and rare unique things for a few moments.. should be a limit on specific items like no moderation jackets etc...

final point...home is so beyond boring without being differant and having something differant to do(its reason u even travel on vacation is aviod the same). standing around in a chatroom isnt fun.. doing only what others can isnt fun..  but these exploits/hacks/modication/additions/etc... it draws curiosity seeing me on the railing dancing, ppl wanna be up with me, ppl see i have rare clothing and depending on wat it is may buy it off of me or if they cant cuz its ice they drawn to figure out how...... its grey area.. yes not good but isnt bad.. as long as there is cooperation from dns providers and users.. we can all enjoy home to larger extent... dont blame dns users and providers.. blame the people that find join in only having custom firmware or jailbroke system to do nothing more then tear home up act like they run the world.  

im not even using forums much anymore cuz of the sheer hypcrocy and trolling.  people complain before then understand and know and then argue back at someone who does know, like suddenly they understand more then 100%..  home is becoming alot like these forums as well, but thats a differant topic.. anyway.. take care all, see ya on home guys and gals and inhuman things...

its sticky and ickey
Message 48 of 111 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1669 posts

Jan 27, 2014

Very good post there, I agree, this is more of a Sony issue, that with jailbroke PS3's mixed with a VPN its going to be pretty hard to catch those people.

Its Sonys responsisibility to fix it, deal with it, and close it.

You can't blame users other then Sony for this mess, alot of people dont know the first thing about ISE, exploiting, DNS etc.

If someone posts something and your new, and you saw a rason to get something for free, you mean to tell me you wouldn't? Heck I probably would myself.

Message 49 of 111 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Jan 27, 2014

CookieConchetta wrote:

final point...home is so beyond boring without being differant and having something differant to do(its reason u even travel on vacation is aviod the same). standing around in a chatroom isnt fun.. doing only what others can isnt fun..  but these exploits/hacks/modication/additions/etc... it draws curiosity seeing me on the railing dancing, ppl wanna be up with me, ppl see i have rare clothing and depending on wat it is may buy it off of me or if they cant cuz its ice they drawn to figure out how...... its grey area.. yes not good but isnt bad.. as long as there is cooperation from dns providers and users.. we can all enjoy home to larger extent... dont blame dns users and providers.. blame the people that find join in only having custom firmware or jailbroke system to do nothing more then tear home up act like they run the world. 

What is "beyond boring" and is and isn't fun is a matter of opinion. There are certainly plenty of people that still enjoy using PS Home normally and within the rules, so stop using your personal disinterest as an excuse to use Home outside of the normal parameters.

Home has TOS which we are all expected to adhere to. Though I can't say I have every rule committed to memory, I'm fairly certain using any sort of exploit/hack is against that TOS, no matter what the nature of it is. So, there is no "grey area" in that regard. Anyone that violates TOS should have the proper action taken against their account.

In addition, anyone that uses exploit/hacks to get items that are available for purchase at no charge is not only violating Home and Sony's TOS, but the law as well, because that's called theft.

While some of the things that can be done with hacks/exploits may be harmless and interesting, you don't get to make the decision regarding whether it's ok or not.

Message 50 of 111 (281 Views)