PlayStation MVP
183 posts

Re: DNS hackers are killing home

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

buckallmighty wrote:
I am trying really hard in my mind not to rule out that it could just be some crazy coincidence, but I'm struggling pretty hard to do so. The modem that went out today was bran new in the box just a few months ago.. So i do not understand how it could have just bumfuzzled that quickly without a little help. It has happened twice in the last 6 months, it happened in the same space both times, this was the first time i have went back to that space since the first time it happened, and both times someone had requested a direct connection via group invite or had one through inspecting me..

I am open to suggestions if anybody has any other ideas what could be causing it that can void out all the coincidences.
STAY CALM!!

you-have-not-been-hacked.png

Message 11 of 111 (598 Views)
Sackboy
441 posts

Jan 25, 2014
i hate freezers peakvox labs froze like 3 times while i was in there today but every other space had no problems
Message 12 of 111 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
307 posts

Jan 25, 2014

I get a new motem about every 3 months ..sometimes longer.. but i try to go if a space is laggy. also..if u do enter a group chatt and poof just reset ur motem by unpluging it.. then plug it back in wait 2 minutes ..being wireless is worse get hardwired if possible its amazing .Heart

Message 13 of 111 (529 Views)
VP of Gaming
27108 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

geary33 wrote:

So far they have froze bowling alley servers 5 times today forcing me to have to restart system.

Why don't you do this? Report them.

If you cannot do so via the in Home report option, then come here and send a PM (Pravate Message) to HomeForumMods. Include the offenders's PSN ID, date, time, time zone and details of the offense.

We've had several discussions on this issue. Why is it that some folks still do not know how to report such issues? After all of these years, we should know how to properly report specific issues.

Or is it that we like starting "new" threads every day or so?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 14 of 111 (526 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1667 posts

Jan 25, 2014
In any case, being its a hack, exploit or software, this problem needs to be fixed, I have been locking up 5-6 times a day and a slew of network errors, this problem needs to be resolved quickly as it's ruining Home and people are leaving because of it.

As far as reporting, well, pretty hard to do Conrad considering by the time you see them, you don't have time to report before getting locked up...
Message 15 of 111 (512 Views)
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Jan 25, 2014

Conrad_Max wrote:

geary33 wrote:

So far they have froze bowling alley servers 5 times today forcing me to have to restart system.

Why don't you do this? Report them.

If you cannot do so via the in Home report option, then come here and send a PM (Pravate Message) to HomeForumMods. Include the offenders's PSN ID, date, time, time zone and details of the offense.

We've had several discussions on this issue. hy is it that some folks still do not know how to report such issues? After all of these years, we should know how to properly report specific issues.

Or is it that we like starting "new" threads every day or so?

Conrad, your response shows you lack understanding of the problem at hand, and the reporting/moderation system in general.

It's oftentimes not possible to be sure who has frozen an area, for starters. And once an area has been frozen, you obviously can't report anyone via the in Home report option, unless you happen to run across them again.

Now, let's say you do somehow know for sure a particular person is freezing areas, and you wish to report them to HomeForumMods, as you suggested. For any action to be taken against the offender, I'm sure they're going to want some sort of evidence of such actions. Telling them the date and time and details, etc., is all hearsay. And to be blunt, PMing HomeForumMods is of no help even on less major issues. I see you repeatedly suggest that as an option, but if you don't understand this by now, that is not going to solve anything.

To eliminate the offenders, we need moderators actively patrolling Home. That is the only solution. You will likely continue to see "new" threads about this on a regular basis as long as it exists, despite your complaints.

Message 16 of 111 (512 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2014

Message 17 of 111 (510 Views)
VP of Gaming
27108 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

LilithMorrigan wrote:

Conrad, your response shows your lack understanding of the problem at hand, and the reporting/moderation system in general.

It's oftentimes not possible to be sure who has frozen an area, for starters. And once an area has been frozen, you obviously can't report anyone via the in Home report option, unless you happen to run across them again.

Thank you for that information. I do understand the problem as I have had to deal with it myself.

If we are familiar with a freezer, or they make an announcement, write down their name. Once a space is frozen, we can come to this forum and send a PM (Private Message) to HomeForumMods. Include the correct spelling of the alleged freezer's name, the date, time, time zone and details of the offense. This gives Moderation a point of reference as to where to start their investigation (chat logs). This is a method that has worked for me.

As for Moderators "patrolling" every existing space in Home, that is an impossible task. We have many public spaces in Home. And as each space reached capacity, a new instance of that space is generated. And if a space is particulary popular, there can be one or more instances of that space. Maybe five, ten or twenty or a hundred.

With that said, there is no way Moderators can be "patrolling" every single instance in Home. Thus they rely on Home's citizens - the eyes of Home.

If you don't care for my method, that's fine. Don't use it. But like I said, it works for me.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 18 of 111 (484 Views)
Sackboy
353 posts

Jan 25, 2014

If you know what method they are using to freeze the servers, message Joystick_Warrior the details.. I've already messaged him the DNS method, so all you can really do is wait for a patch, and report anyone you see using DNS features. As part of that DNS club they pay a monthly fee for, an added feature from the free one they had on Home is the ability to freeze servers, they simply scroll to the freeze option and press square. Never has it been easier for them to freeze users out.

Message 19 of 111 (438 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7486 posts

Jan 25, 2014
Sweets ps home store where she shops - Copy - Copy.jpg
buckallmighty wrote:
The news is there probably is no news.

I had something happen at peakvox labs early this morning at like 4 or 5 am central time. All i know was there was someone inspecting me and i thought nothing of it, i get it a lot because i make my own costumes up a lot and most people seem to like them. But then all of a sudden the space reloaded itself and as soon as i got back in the screen went solid white for about 10 seconds before i got signed out. As soon as i got signed out my modem went completely dead and once it finally rebooted it would do everything except connect to the internet.

I ended up spending most my morning with an ip technician and having to get a new modem. Only info i could get out of him was that somehow my username and password for my provider somehow changed itself and then the modem crapped out immediately afterwards. Craziest part is i just had this same thing happen, in the same space even, just a few months ago, only difference is the first time it happened i got a random group invite but never accepted it, and they gave me a bran new modem then too.

Not sure if that relates to the dns crap or not, but someone is definitely slacking on fixes.

I find your claim hard to believe. I have been on home for almost 5 years and never had that happen to me ever. They cant ruin your modem or router. Not from home. My ps never froze also from an attack. It just looks like lag when they attack and I just go. I lost my hair on my avatar for a few sec then I left. That was it and I have been in spaces that were attacked tons of times. never to the extent you claim. Just leave the space and move on. Life will go on my friend. Hackers and folks who like to cause issues are all over the world now. The more devices we get the more we are open to attack from them. Enjoy your modern life style..lol

Message 20 of 111 (410 Views)
0 Likes