Hekseville Citizen
403 posts

Re: DISGUSTING Stripper poles on Home!!!

[ Edited ]
Oct 19, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

I could NOT believe my eyes when I saw this…STRIPPER POLES!?

pole lmo.jpg

I am a staunch feminist-atheist so I am a STRONG woman. It takes A LOT to offend me but these here have most DEFINITELY offended ME and anyone with ANY common decency left in them towards woman.

Across the globe, woman are persecuted, especially in the States. With glass ceilings, gender disparity in incomes…we DON’T need more demeaning content towards women!!!

I come onto Home to ESCAPE from the harsh realities in life….

Funny was that they tried to cover the name up with “Fitness Poles” to try to escape from what they truly are…STRIPPER POLES!

Moderators on this website wouldn’t allow me to post pictures of women on “Fitness Poles” in late night clubs. That just goes to show you the sexual and offensive nature of these “Fitness Poles” Yet everyone turns a blind eye when it comes to making money off  disgustingly anti-feminist stripper poles.

Exactly how many WOMEN were on the development team for this content???

It is NOT hard to deduce there was not a SINLGE woman working on any of this stuff coming into Home, because this would NOT pass the sensitivity muster test.

I see a slippery slope on Home. Developers are EXPLOITING females to garner sales, and it is outright DISGUSTING, SEXIST, and DEMEANING!!!

Im offering that more women developers join the team to create Home content and bring in a THEIR perspective to prevent this from happening and Home becoming a haven for trashy, chauvinistic pigs

I'm not trying to start an arguement...but I'm shocked that you find the "Fitness Pole" so blatantly offensive when you've never chimed about the more scandalous female bikinis and outfits depicting woman with blown-out silicone chests, or the 8" stilettos that can also be scrutinized as "Street Walker Heels." This reminds me of the cliche, "Come on, don't make a mountain out of a molehill." 

SmileyTo be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Message 31 of 82 (873 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 19, 2013

I'm 100% sure peoples talked about that ever since...that nDreams Halloween thread.

but i was expecting a fat/ugly lady using Stripper poles- i meant "Fitness Poles"

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 32 of 82 (863 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 19, 2013

NightCreature222 wrote:

fitness pole.png

Stepies right. 

but i did not notices it at all. i should go up and look for Male Stripper Poles if i find it funny Smiley Tongue

Message 33 of 82 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

1) Don't buy the pole.

2) Look away or leave areas where the pole is being used.

3) As the "new item fad" fades away, it will be safe for you to leave your personal space again.

BEST POST EVER 11/10

Message 34 of 82 (862 Views)
Highlighted
VP of Gaming
28577 posts

Oct 19, 2013

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

Across the globe, woman are persecuted, especially in the States. 

This tells me that you are not being truthful. 

But as for items and clothes in Home...

Soon after television came about, children were placed in front of them for hours at a time so that their mothers (primarily) could do their housework and watch their daytime TV (soaps). Televisions became baby sitters, nannies and boob tubes. Boob tubes that many children sadly nursed on...

Game consoles and gaming eventually replaced some television viewing for children. But they're still part of the boob tube. And like with the television, neglectful parents refuse to take responsibility for whatever issues their children get into.

Home is what it is. Developers will continue to develop based on what we (as a whole) want from them. And what do some people in the community want? Look at our suggestion thread and individual suggestion discussions. Look at the fashion threads. This will not change unless what we change what we ask for.

Does anyone see that happening?

So, let it be known what you want, respectfully and responsibly. Don't insult people whom you might want as allies. But for Home as it is now, deal with it. And use the official monthly suggestion thread to post your ideas for Home items and clothing. But do so in a positive manner. Try not to turn off even the people who may agree with you.

That's it. Carry on.

Dismissed. 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 35 of 82 (848 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Oct 19, 2013
AngelicOne, the pole has male poses too. It's equal opportunity objectification so lighten up already. As for me, I plan on getting this item and dangling upside down while getting my swag on .
Message 36 of 82 (833 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Tranny_Got_Swag wrote:
AngelicOne, the pole has male poses too. It's equal opportunity objectification so lighten up already. As for me, I plan on getting this item and dangling upside down while getting my swag on .

For once both sexes are represented. 

Message 37 of 82 (830 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

oOAngelicOneOo wrote:

Across the globe, woman are persecuted, especially in the States. 

Soon after television came about, children were placed in front of them for hours at a time so that their mothers (primarily) could do their housework and watch their daytime TV (soaps). Televisions became baby sitters, nannies and boob tubes. Boob tubes that many children sadly nursed on...

BY THE GODS

Message 38 of 82 (825 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Oct 19, 2013

I got my "fitness pole" and i love it and i'm a female Smiley Tongue I would guess 99% of ppl who dislike Home or things on Home  will be back on it tomorrow having fun Smiley Happy I've seen more questionable content on PBS lol  

Message 39 of 82 (801 Views)
Wastelander
624 posts

Oct 19, 2013

Isn't a stripper pole somethng people strip on? We can't strip on these lol 

Message 40 of 82 (953 Views)