Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Sep 4, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:

darkan12-nl wrote:

1231381_625811247438974_728802004_n.png

For some reason, this reminds me of modded map I play on in Star Wars Battlefront 2.

BattlefrontII 2013-09-04 00-38-52-80.png

Looks a bit of Mirror's Egde

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 481 of 561 (402 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well we got our Answer  to Home's Future on PS4 didn't we... Were Now Homeless... Thanks to SONY!

This shutdown of two HOME Regions is just the beginning of the end.... I been telling you for MONTH's NOW that The End was Nigh!

And u all Laughed at me...  Well Who's Laughing Now???  Oh Yeah all  u Crap Box fans who don't care anything about PS Home that's Who....  You all can go Fly ur Crap Box Kites! 

I was so hoping to BUY a PS4 and use HOME on it... But get up today with this NEWS.... There's no Way SONY that i'm gonna buy ur PS4 now due to what u have done to us HOME users!!!

Ur just as bad as Microsoft BS they pulled on there Customers... In this case SONY ur even Worse to do this to us than what They did... You Need to be ashamed of urselfs........  How dare you make us all HOMELESS!  You say well it's only Japan and Asia... YEAH RIGHT!!! Like were gonna fall for that one... We all know it's gonna be EU and US as well u just haven't said when yet. But we know now ur killing HOME!!!  After 4 and 7 month's using HOME myself....  Spending tons on HOME!!!  Ur Screwing ur Fan Base here and u think were gonna continue to Support you on PS4....  HE** NO!!!   

People who use PS Home if u got a Pre-Order in for PS4 ur best choice here if u care about HOME is to CANCEL ur Pre-Orders for PS4 Don't support SONY when they have made us HOMELESS....

This is an Outrage!!!  U say well u knew HOME was gonna end someday... But ending NOW...  Not a year or even two years after PS4 even is released but NOW....  Who saw that one Coming???  If u knew and didn't tell us ur just as bad as SONY for keeping there mouth's shut all this time when they knew what was happening all along....  SHAME on SONY and Shame on any of you who knew and kept ur traps shut...

Now i was gonna buy the NEW Star Trek outfits... I thought hey were getting NEW stuff like this there's a Good Chance our Home will be around... But i put it off due to lack of Funds right now... Well Today we get hit with this HOME indeed is Shutting Down region by Region and EU and US is next!!!  Don't say it isn't because were all NEXT!!!

For those of u i knew on HOME for the past 4 plus years... It's a Sad day for all of us who Supported Home all these years...  We had some good times didn't we... Oh The Memories... The Events... The Promotions! The Freebies!!!  The Good Times....  Well i'm gonna miss all of you that been around all this time...  This truly is a SAD Day!

Sony has ruined our lives with there plans not to Support HOME anymore!!!  I forone will not Support SONY anylonger....  How Dare They do this to us... How Dare They!!!

Smiley Sad

(Note: FREEDOM of SPEECH Act)  In case SONY trys to remove said post.... We have our Rights... Even thoe they think we Don't!!!

Look DCS dude, you need to seriously chill out, ok?

#1 You have a right to be angry, but think before you try to sound the horns for everybody to bail.

#2 Stopping new content for 2 regions that were nearly always dead (yes Japan had beautiful events etc, but still it was dead relatively) *that does not mean that will happen so soon for EU and NA, k?*

#3 From a business perspective, Home has evolved but it started out as *free* basically with nickel and dime items, and now people still expect so much free??? Have you ever compared prices to things like in IMVU and Second Life? Buy a chunk of virtual land in Second Life and come back to me here and tell me how much it costs. Play somes *games* in IMVU and Second Life and tell me how they *compare to Home games*.  They don't, IMVU and Second Life games are crap compared to PS Home. People go and ISE every darn gift machine item and they still complain? What?

#4 Think about remaking a Home from the ground up. Would they even bother calling it Home? Probably not. Could you even imagine the cost of changing *everything* to fit a new 3d mesh of the next generation avatars? No, the clothes won't fit. Think about it. It won't be there like this, *but* if you support this world and enjoy it, that's going to give new plans for a *social world on the PS4 reason to exist*.

#5 Ever rent a movie or pay to go to a live concert? Meet a friend there? Maybe even a lover? Hmmm? It's temporary, but the memories can last forever. Never did the TOS say that we "own" any of this stuff, ok?

#6 The PS3 price drop. ummm just maybe a PS3 gift to a friend or family member & say "hey, would you like to hang out in PS Home?" Yeah you might spend $20 a month, but how much do you spend on movies, concerts, sports games, clubs etc every month?

#7 It's entertainment, it's suppose to be fun. Stop bringing everybody down. It's fine to be honest about the signs, but the future is not set in stone for anyone. Ever look at international news? Seen what Japan has been going through? Seen the crap boiling again in the middle east? Have some fun with friends n appreciate not having to deal with war or high radiation outside your door. You want to hate Sony because you feel they will just dump you? Well I'm sorry to enlighten you dude, but Sony is a Corporation and the TOS clearly covers their butt. Home ends on the PS3, a few years later something like it pops up on the PS4 and the cycle starts over, but it's sorta different, but not in an IMVU dumb way, it's better n plenty of new people jump on, new faces. I could see this happening, n count on it that a boardroom sees that too.

#8 You want revenge? Well you are welcome to bail yourself out and go spend a load of money on something like 2nd Life. Home is *very inexpensive* compared to other virtual social worlds, and people complain about prices all the time? Do we have to have everything in PS Home, or does having just enough for what makes you happy n friends who are fun, is that enough?

#9 An as-if scenario for you and *everyone*: Press-release: June 2015 Sony announces that new content for EU and NA will stop by November 2015. Press release: December 2015: Sony announces a new virtual social world open to all PS4 PSN users and it will be called... (fill in the blank) <--- something like that is what I suspect, and who is going to be running and playing in a world like that? People who enjoyed Home and understood the reality that *this is rental entertainment*.

#10 Breath.

Sincerely,

Missy

P.S. thank you Tempest, and every developer who has given some reassurance about PS Home continuing on the PS3 for us NA n EU users. I hope everybody here realizes now that it's going to be awhile before you know where everything is truly going. Perhaps those friendships are worth more than the rewards? Just a thought.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 482 of 561 (372 Views)
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

hyperkane wrote:

Chicken Little was right !  Smiley Surprised

DCS shop - thanks AZ4.jpg

It is all a matter of perspective.

If Home dies on the PS3 in a few years, n those who talk about that happening are all proud of themselves.

Well, I personally won't care about what anybody wants to inflate their egos with about being right.  When Sony makes a new social world on the PS4, that is like Home but not called Home, I will be happy to play there.

There is money in social worlds, don't think that Sony doesn't realize this. Where that money is spent is what matters, n it was spent here n in EU mostly.

But for Home to be ported to the PS4? I very much doubt that. But for Home on the PS3 to still determine if they make a social world for the PS4? Expect them to be watching the numbers. n yeah it's about money, it always has been. That's the reality.

Your_Empress x7 flirt leader worldwide final and forever photo Your_Empress x7 forever final_zpssgnzebgr.jpg
Message 483 of 561 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

LightOfValkyrie wrote:
DCS, take some Xanax or something and calm down. Seriously.

lol!

˚ Kudos ˚

Message 484 of 561 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Novus-Cooldown wrote:

I'd like to calm some fears (if I can) with a few facts from a Home developer's perspective. This has been the biggest year for Home to date in North America, and keep in mind the core Home Platform Group is in London, so support in NA and EU show no signs of stopping -- especially with all of the projects that haven't even been announced yet by the Home devs, and massive projects like Pottermore just getting started.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Hellfire Games alone has SEVEN Home projects underway, and we've never been busier. There's no indication that Home will be anything but "full steam ahead" in NA and EU for a long time. Relaaaax. Smiley Happy

I'm out of kudos, but you definitely deserve one for this post again, Novus.

And *many many* of you here in this thread I would kudo more too.

DCS please calm down and just enjoy your time with friends, think about the happiness in the *social interactions*, PS Home is a *social world* not a permanent world where your rewards and everything are going to be forever.

I will repeat that: PS Home is a social world.

Developers chime in, they post here. Tempest wrote what he could.

When you think about it, how much money *have you spent on entertainment up to this point in your life?*

Does that money stay with you? Disney World? Six flags? any Theme park? Camping trips? Road trips? European vacations? Traveling anywhere worldwide? Cruises? Ballgames? any sporting event of any kind? Movies? festivals? Sodas? Popcorn? old tapes, cd's, mp3 songs lost in some device that crapped out years ago? old game systems that perhaps you sold for nothing near what you paid for it? that downloadable game content that you rarely if ever will use again but paid for? all the add-ons for some game you may never play again because 8-bit just doesn't float your boat anymore (depends on the game actually lol) and the bad stuff like cigarettes n too much alcohol?

Where's my refund for all that? Who am I gonna sue? <--- no, I'm sorry, life doesn't work that way.

Read the fine print please, PS Home has been rental entertainment from day one.

Our NA n EU devs are here still supporting this platform, the Sony boardrooms are watching, reading.

A future version of Home counts on how this plays out *years from now*. Sony knows it may dwindle, but it may also maintain.

If Home maintains on the PS3 while not being on the PS4, well I would say that a pretty strong sign to any boardroom that another run may be a possibility.

Just expect a restart, n count on it that if/when that happens these developers here will likely be first on the wagon.

Thank you for everyone who understands this is *not an investment*, it's entertainment, n a rental at that. (Read the TOS/TOU fine print and think about it)

Sorry to be blunt, but that is the reality of PS Home.

Sincerely,

Missy

Message 485 of 561 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

I just want to reaffirm our commitment to Home. We do not do our work on Home for any other reasons than we have fun doing it and we use Home ourselves. We are not one of the top tier developers, but we love to make things that are as good as they can possibly be. We will be here until they throw us out.

That said, we have some of the best stuff yet about to come out. While we are sad for the people who will not get to enjoy our items in Japan and Asia, we are extremely excited about the things we are about to ship. For us, the best is about to come.

Today we are sad for all the opportunities for experiences that will be lost long term. But tomorrow we will celebrate all the experiences to come.

Rule 208 from the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition - "Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer."

Kudo again ^.~

Message 486 of 561 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Re: The Bloated Monster Thread To End All Home Threads

Sep 4, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

BSC

I'm still numb about this news.  Where else am I going to find totally bat crap crazy stuff that only Japan can provide.

Here is an example...

lmao!

Message 487 of 561 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5806 posts

Sep 4, 2013

The Flying Grayson, Nightwing, Robin, They were about more than fight moves. They were about inspiration, comfort, trust, family. I gave that up to become a spy. a Spider man; A Tsuchigumo. I have changed.
But I'll Always be D. Grayson

N52 Grayson 6

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 488 of 561 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Tang_Ang wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:

darkan12-nl wrote:

PLAYSTATION®HOME
DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT
FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS
SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities

Tokyo, August 30, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130830_e.html

Now they will all come over here and clog our system up. We wont be able to log on soon. You watch.! Sony better close the gates or we are finished. Our system runs like junk already at times now from to much traffic. Whats going to happen when they all come over here and make accounts ? I hope sony has this figured out.The money is over here .Sony is not stupid. It must have not been panning out for them.

NEWSFLASH!! They already have NA accounts.  Just like we have JP accounts.  That is kind of a rude statement above.

Yeah, you're right. I'm an Asian user. My Asian friends and I will go the Acorn Meadows Park and shout " 万歳 万歳 万歳...." .

banzai-cat.jpg

that's a beautiful kitty! n such true words (shini 信)

I must kudo this later, for now a reply will keep track of it ^.~

I expect this thread to grow like some sort of weird n deadly fungus. n there's nothing fun about fungus! stretch, take a shower, get out, live a little, come back in the evening and play some PS Home with friends. If you laughed at least once, or had fun in a game on Home, it was worth logging on that day!

Smile, life is good, nobody here lives in a box while owning a ps3, now do we?

Message 489 of 561 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1350 posts

Sep 4, 2013

Legendary_Vicki wrote:

I've went from disbelief to panic mode now. Not because I think Home is dead but.... if we lose the Japanese developers in Home altogether then Home just won't be the same for me.

The main thing I look forward to in each weeks content update in all honesty; is the Granzella content, and god knows how long I waited for the Peakvox Labs update and omg the death scythe. But if they were to pull out altogether then I don't think I'd have much else to look forward too.

It's all about the Japanese content for me Smiley Sad

Please don't get so fearful Vicki.

GZ is def not bailing out now. Many many game companies are quite capable of running multiple projects at once, as GZ I'm sure is more than capable of. O-Two I'm not so sure of, but I doubt they won't keep their run in Home until lack of revenue gives no reason to stay.

Home is consolidating. As expected. It's not ending. No servers are closing down, although yes that will probably happen in JP n asia after awhile. NA n EU are incredibly strong, GZ is with us here, they won't be bailing on us so soon.

Message 490 of 561 (295 Views)
0 Likes