NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG 

NAG NAG

agreed

Cue up CABARET VOLTAIRE

Message 301 of 561 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
867 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Aug 30, 2013
I was surprised to see the announcement right after visiting JP Home this morning. I went back to catch up on what's new (really I went to get the companions in Peakvox Labs that I read about on another thread) and had a good time catching up. Well, being tight lipped about the future of Home created enough speculation and virtual anxiety. I guess this is just a little more fuel for the fire. Whatever happens (maybe it's just the first sign towards the "Next Gen Home"), I have enjoyed, and am still enjoying, the Home experience. I'm going to keep on racing and dancing until I'm told to leave.
Message 302 of 561 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Re: The Bloated Monster Thread To End All Home Threads

Aug 30, 2013

BSC

I'm still numb about this news.  Where else am I going to find totally bat crap crazy stuff that only Japan can provide.

Here is an example...
jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 303 of 561 (400 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Re: The Bloated Monster Thread To End All Home Threads

Aug 30, 2013

myalana wrote:

All threads belong to this thread now. We should get that HoneyBooBoo thing, Forum members you seen saw on Home, Ask Cleverbot and the rest all consolidated here. It's already Home Hide and Seek.Smiley Happy

Merge all the threads.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 304 of 561 (396 Views)
Fender Bender
1728 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Aug 30, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:
the-sky-is-falling.jpg
darkan12-nl wrote:

PLAYSTATION®HOME
DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT
FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS
SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities

Tokyo, August 30, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/130830_e.html

Now they will all come over here and clog our system up. We wont be able to log on soon. You watch.! Sony better close the gates or we are finished. Our system runs like junk already at times now from to much traffic. Whats going to happen when they all come over here and make accounts ? I hope sony has this figured out.The money is over here .Sony is not stupid. It must have not been panning out for them.

NEWSFLASH!! They already have NA accounts.  Just like we have JP accounts.  That is kind of a rude statement above.

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 305 of 561 (406 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

This is the official start of the complete shut down of home. As I said before this decision was made even before the announcement of the ps4. The reason they added the paragraph saying na and eu will continue. Was only put in there is because they don't want to hurt the ps4 presale's. Since they expect normal sales in JP and Asia they have no problem shutting them down.

If you people really want to send a message to sony, cancel your per-order. As far as myself I have no intention of getting a ps4 at all. I'm tired of there outrageous conduct and content for the last 6 months. The most unbelievable part of these incompetent people. With the ps4 release just a few months away. They still can't get their firmware right for what they have now. So I foresee another major epic fail just like the vita* when this turkey is released.

These people are just pathetic. Vote now with your wallets. CANCEL YOUR PRE-ORDER.

* For those who don't remember the vita release it had bad firmware on day one. You would think with a billion dollar sales drive. They would have been better prepared. But alas these people are clueless...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 306 of 561 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
624 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I Will say that your "a day at the races" is a top tier item.  Keep up the good work! I for one am excited to see what you do next Woman Very Happy

Message 307 of 561 (363 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Aug 30, 2013

EdwCarnby wrote:
I go away for a few hours and I have a Tolkien-sized novel waiting for me here. So much I want to say to so many posts in this topic but at this point it's irrelevant and it looks like someone did that already *cough* DCS!

So what we know so far issssss
1) No new content for JP as of next week.
2) No new content for Asia as of Mar 2014.
3) Their servers will continue to be up for the duration of this time but no set dates on when they will shut down. And face it folks, they will shut down.
4) This was a last minute press release, thought he contingency plan appears to have been ready for some time....does this give you much faith?
5) We have the support of wonderful devs and Sony in EU and NA for the "forseeable future" Smiley Happy but we have zero confirmation that Home will live past 2014 for either version.

At this point I am just going to say Home is only going to last as long as you make it last with your wallets. If you think it's worth funding to keep the lights on go for it.

As for me, I am in "I told you so" mode at the moment and not particularly keen on buying anything else ever. I wish the remaining partners and Sony all the best with Home, and all the community a wonderful time in their "Home retirement years" but I urge any dev that hasnt got a backup plan to formulate one because you guys deserve a place in the gaming industry Smiley Happy

So....does anyone know when all the dev contracts are due for renewal? If they all are up for a 2014 renewal.....have a think about it!

^THIS!

Are you listening VeeMee?!  Smiley Wink

Message 308 of 561 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9570 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Jason1802128 wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:
the-sky-is-falling.jpg
darkan12-nl wrote:

PLAYSTATION®HOME

Tokyo, August 30, 2013–Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today announced that PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia (SCEJA) will cease publishing new content after September 2013 for Japan and March 2014 for Asian countries and regions.

PlayStation®Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation®Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.

SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation®Home and look forward to their continued involvement.

Now they will all come over here and clog our system up. We wont be able to log on soon. You watch.! Sony better close the gates or we are finished. Our system runs like junk already at times now from to much traffic. Whats going to happen when they all come over here and make accounts ? I hope sony has this figured out.The money is over here .Sony is not stupid. It must have not been panning out for them.

NEWSFLASH!! They already have NA accounts.  Just like we have JP accounts.  That is kind of a rude statement above.

Your kidding no way . I thought the borders were closed..lol. Come to my dinner poster and I'll treat you to some bbq from my new chef I bought..lol.This might cheer you up a bit..

Message 309 of 561 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Sweet2525 wrote:

Jason1802128 wrote:

Sweet2525 wrote:
the-sky-is-falling.jpg
darkan12-nl wrote:

PLAYSTATION®HOME

Your kidding no way . I thought the borders were closed..lol. Come to my dinner poster and I'll treat you to some bbq from my new chef I bought..lol.This might cheer you up a bit..

You might have to get a sushi chef.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 310 of 561 (319 Views)