Ghost of Sparta
11067 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:
Maybe they were blowing the wrong smoke.  Now all the KUSH people got something new to try.

Hey mon, dat not new. We be doing dat in Jamaica for years mon. We be callin it da reverse shotgun mon.

rm

Message 134 of 561 (607 Views)
I Only Post Everything
555 posts

Re: DISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENT FOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

Aug 30, 2013

Does this mean we will FINALLY get Neon Downtown at long last? I mean, Granzella still gotta eat, no?

Folks, I’m not gonna lie to you: this news is not very heartening. But before the doom-and-gloom hypocrites (and you know who you are) start dragging down this thread with their diatribes and carefully edited cut-and-pastes to the point where moderation steps in, let’s keep a little perspective here.

First, maybe its because I haven’t been on Japan’s servers much, but aside from their events (which I admit are very worthwhile), I found the Japan Home experience sort of underwhelming, at least in terms of the number of spaces and content. Yes, they did and still do have some great items, but a lot of those items and content eventually come here. I do feel very sorry for Hazu360 and any other Japan users who enjoyed Home. I find it upsetting that the termination of content publishes were done on such short notice, even if the servers remain in effect. Someone brought up “language barrier”, and that may have well played a role in the abruptness. For the record, I’ll probably still come to JP from time to time, especially on Halloween to see if the Pumpkin and Ghost make a return appearance (my guess is they will, but you never know).

Secondly, I trust when he is ready, and more importantly allowed to, Tempest will level to us about the future of this community. Whether it carries on for a number of months, transforms and transmogrifies into some newer experience, or just goes quietly into the night. I have a feeling Paul will be as honest as he can be and is allowed to be. As much as I like and appreciate Cade, Tempest has so far done a very admirable job in letting the community know about updates and even having a little down-time fun with us. I appreciate the fresh change in communication, even if it still doesn’t hold up to some of the more discriminatory tastes.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, Home as we know it will end at some point. Its not a question of if but when. This is a feeling I have maintained almost from the beginning. And I have a bonus update for you: your life, at some point, will end. That is not a threat, not a promise, just cold hard fact. To all lamenting this news, I offer this quote from a very wise old man:

“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

So if anyone cares, I will continue buying new stuff, I will continue decorating spaces, I will continue making stylish clothing combinations, I will still be attending Blog parties and other events (as my schedule allows), and I will continue to proudly be Miss_Ann_Thrope until they pry Home and the DualShock 3 from either my cold dead hands, or their cold dead servers. If anyone wants to meet and have some fun, I’ll be at Serenity Plaza at 10pm EST, 7pm PST. Be there or be square. And I will NOT be wearing black.
Photobucket
Message 138 of 561 (560 Views)
Wastelander
412 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I think it only means that Sony Computer Entertainment THEMSELVES are not releasing new content anymore. Probably because they want to concentrate fully on the coming launch of PlayStation 4, which is understandable, of course.

Message 139 of 561 (773 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Aug 30, 2013

bookepride wrote:

Future Home Community Manager resume:

Current: Taco Bell 2014 - present

Past: Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms 2008 - 2014

Uhh you do realize Playstation Digital Platforms includes a lot more than just PS Home right? No ones job is going anywhere over this.

Message 140 of 561 (775 Views)
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
4738 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I suspect we'll hear news from the EU next. My guess is that SCEA will be the last to tell us. Tempest how about letting us know now?

On it. Time zones, and all.

As did SCEE, we at SCEA want to reinforce the message that SCEA Home publishes will continue as normal. SCEAJ have simply restructured their business and wish to focus on other priorities.  I also want to confirm that you will still be able to visit friends in SCEJ and Asia regions through their personal spaces, as always. 

SCEA/E both have a lot of content on the roadmap. SCEA Home is a thriving community, and SCEA will continue to support it. You've already heard that Lockwood and nDreams have content in the works, as do Hellfire, Madmunki, Atom Republic, Digital Leisure, Codeglue, VEEMEE and more. There are future core updates planned as well.

There's still nothing to announce at this point regarding PS4 and Home, but Home North America will continue to see support from SCEA.

Tempest_Fire
Ex-PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment America
Message 144 of 561 (860 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4461 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I suspect we'll hear news from the EU next. My guess is that SCEA will be the last to tell us. Tempest how about letting us know now?

On it. Time zones, and all.

As did SCEE, we at SCEA want to reinforce the message that SCEA Home publishes will continue as normal. SCEAJ have simply restructured their business and wish to focus on other priorities.  I also want to confirm that you will still be able to visit friends in SCEJ and Asia regions through their personal spaces, as always. 

SCEA/E both have a lot of content on the roadmap. SCEA Home is a thriving community, and SCEA will continue to support it. You'v already heard that Lockwood and nDreams have content in the works, as do Hellfire, Madmunki, Atomic Republic, Digital Leisure, Codeglue, VEEMEE and more. There are future core updates planned as well.

There's still nothing to announce at this point regarding PS4 and Home, but Home North America will continue to see support from SCEA.

Thanks for the update Tempest!

Message 145 of 561 (850 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Sony pulls plug from PlayStation Home in Japan

Aug 30, 2013

PlayStation Home was once an ambitious project from Sony that many people really looking forward to, but the reality was something else to sit together. PlayStation Home was eventually experienced by many gamers as boring and unnecessary, which meant that only a small group active in PlayStation Home.

In Japan PlayStation Home stores apparently not to, because Sony has indicated to extract the plug. This does not mean that it all goes offline immediately, but there will be no more content or application updates released. Other Asian regions will still support until March 2014 and then it is over.

Sony has also immediately indicated in a statement that America and Europe just keep up with new spaces and weekly content updates. Complete support There's just no mention of PlayStation Home also comes to the PS4, if this does not happen because it can very quickly if the PS4 is out soon.

"PlayStation Home in Sony Computer Entertainment America and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe will continue to fully support their vibrant PlayStation Home communities with full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items, and platform features.
“SCEI would like to thank our respective communities for many years of dedicated participation inside of PlayStation Home and look forward to their continued involvement.”

Source: http://www.psx-sense.nl/144843/sony-trekt-stekker-uit-playstation-home-in-japan/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 131 of 561 (603 Views)
Fender Bender
2291 posts

Re: Sony pulls plug from PlayStation Home in Japan

Aug 30, 2013

They are more than welcome to come to our servers.

Message 132 of 561 (597 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Aug 30, 2013

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/DISCONTINUATION-OF-PUBLISHING-NEW-CONTENT-FO... Main thread

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 133 of 561 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11067 posts

Aug 30, 2013

You just wake up?

Message 135 of 561 (581 Views)