I Only Post Everything
387 posts

[EVENT/CONTEST] Adventures on PlayStation Home Capture/Caption Contest

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

Interesting contest @Enistachia. All except for thinking everyone would use the Sony camera built into our avatars R1 selection. The Juggernaut Observer has been around quite a long time now. As the bride in the image, I chose to bring in an alernate user id as a third person photographer on my Juggernaut Observer. I could not have taken the shot any other way. Your exclusion of such means to take photos on Home is unfortunate. I needed other means to frame the shot and even choose to crop the image which excluded the section of the image having the PS Home watermark anyway. Your contest ... Your rules ... but for a community event/contest excluding all the options seems quite unreasonable.

What's this mean ... "Feel free to update you photo thorugh the edit feature on your thread..."? And, you are changing/updating the rules as the contest moves forward? I am confused by that decision.

May2099 PiXeLUX.jpg

Message 11 of 274 (1,198 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: [EVENT/CONTEST] Adventures on PlayStation Home Capture/Caption Contest

Jul 10, 2014

So, this is basically a photography contest? I really do love taking pictures at PS Home. I'll try to create something before this ends. I have been so busy as of late. Good luck to everyone else tha's entering!

Message 12 of 274 (1,180 Views)
I Only Post Everything
556 posts

Jul 10, 2014
Actually this is not unreasonable. You can get some very nice angles from the default camera if you play with it a bit. I believe the OP simply wanted to ensure that there is no 'cheating' (like editing with photoshop--although this is not really a deterrent for ppl who know the software). It's the OP's contest. Since they are ponying up the reward, then can pretty much impose whatever rules they wish.

Also the OP made it clear that this was going to be an ongoing contest. So they entioned that instead of replying to the thread a second third or evenmore times with our submissions, we can simply use the 'edit reply' function to post new submissions. However that might affect scoring since our 'likes' from the last submission will still be there. Hm. Perhaps this should be addressed @Enistachia.
Club: Nachtmere
Message 13 of 274 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

May2099 wrote:

Interesting contest @Enistachia. All except for thinking everyone would use the Sony camera built into our avatars R1 selection. The Juggernaut Observer has been around quite a long time now. As the bride in the image, I chose to bring in an alernate user id as a third person photographer on my Juggernaut Observer. I could not have taken the shot any other way. Your exclusion of such means to take photos on Home is unfortunate. I needed other means to frame the shot and even choose to crop the image which excluded the section of the image having the PS Home watermark anyway. Your contest ... Your rules ... but for a community event/contest excluding all the options seems quite unreasonable.

What's this mean ... "Feel free to update you photo thorugh the edit feature on your thread..."? And, you are changing/updating the rules as the contest moves forward? I am confused by that decision.

May2099 PiXeLUX.jpg

I just wanted to make sure as many people are able to participate in the contest so I made the one adjustment about the the amount of users in the scene.

I too find it difficult to get the right setting with more than one user in the frame.  I mentioned in the newest post that more people will get you a higher rating.

As for the watermark section it was mentioned in the original post for this contest.  I went back and bolded it after we started to recieve a few posts.  I mentioned the "edit" reply so that people who have already submitted images can just replace them with the non-cropped images.

Message 14 of 274 (1,163 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

pheonixgate1 wrote:
Actually this is not unreasonable. You can get some very nice angles from the default camera if you play with it a bit. I believe the OP simply wanted to ensure that there is no 'cheating' (like editing with photoshop--although this is not really a deterrent for ppl who know the software). It's the OP's contest. Since they are ponying up the reward, then can pretty much impose whatever rules they wish.

Also the OP made it clear that this was going to be an ongoing contest. So they entioned that instead of replying to the thread a second third or evenmore times with our submissions, we can simply use the 'edit reply' function to post new submissions. However that might affect scoring since our 'likes' from the last submission will still be there. Hm. Perhaps this should be addressed @Enistachia.

Yes I should have mentioned that.  Sorry about that.  I was refering to submission that may have been cropped.

If you choose to submit multiple images a new reply is needed for each entry.  Man Happy

Message 15 of 274 (1,160 Views)
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

x

[ Edited ]
Oct 16, 2014

x

Message 16 of 274 (1,142 Views)
I Only Post Everything
387 posts

Jul 10, 2014

No indications are made one way or the other about imagery incorporating Photoshop work. Say if someone wanted to add a border that might crop into the image. Or, if someone were to chose to submit a portrait or square image. Maybe even use of a filter. If creativity is to be expressed, an artist will only present work to their standards hoping the submission falls within the requirements. You try setting up a shot incorporating your avatar OFF center using the in-world portable camera ... You can't. Afterall it's about imagery taken within PlayStation Home and there are many ways to do so — even pvr screen capture. My submission stands as do any other photos not meeting all requirements. May the best effort win. Good luck to all that enter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

pheonixgate1:

Actually this is not unreasonable. You can get some very nice angles from the default camera if you play with it a bit. You try setting up a shot incorporating your avatar OFF center using the in-world portable camera ... You can't. Any one can take a photo in Home but not everyone can stage an idea with lighting, angel and apparently head count. I believe the OP simply wanted to ensure that there is no 'cheating' (like editing with photoshop--although this is not really a deterrent for ppl who know the software). The contest requirements don't even mention the use of editing software.  It's the OP's contest. Since they are ponying up the reward, then can pretty much impose whatever rules they wish. I wasn't debating this point but since you brought it up the reward is hardly exorbitant by any means. I was more into celebrating the moment with friends and felt it might make a nice submission per the "Garden Party" theme when I discovered the thread.

Message 17 of 274 (1,137 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2014

Yes and upon my further research I have noticed that some images don't always get stammped.  I apologize for the inconvenience and I think I am going to waver the watermark requirement for the contest as of now.

I was unaware of the different ways to obtain Home photos and I don't want to leave anyone out.  Heart

Message 18 of 274 (1,138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4056 posts

Jul 10, 2014

I like this contest. Heck, I like almost any contest. I just wish there was a rule allowing you to randomly disqualify people for no good reason. I enjoy that. Not sure why. Don't disqualify me, though. I've already randomly been disqualified twice this month. Smiley Frustrated It's someone elses turn. Smiley Happy Good luck to all the participants!... except those that are randomly disqualified, of course. Smiley Tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 274 (1,136 Views)
Survivor
1979 posts

Jul 10, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

So, this is basically a photography contest? I really do love taking pictures at PS Home. I'll try to create something before this ends. I have been so busy as of late. Good luck to everyone else tha's entering!

XD Yes its a Photo and Caption contest.  Good luck!!

Message 20 of 274 (1,131 Views)
0 Likes