Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: DDOS Attack on PSN

Aug 25, 2014
UPDATE: The PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network are back online and people can now enjoy the services on their PlayStation devices. The networks were taken offline due to a distributed denial of service attack. We have seen no evidence of any intrusion to the network and no evidence of any unauthorized access to users’ personal information. In light of today’s issue, the networks will not undergo the regularly scheduled maintenance, which was planned for Monday, August 25. We will provide an update shortly for when the maintenance will be rescheduled. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Thanks for your patience and support. *** Like other major networks around the world, the PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network have been impacted by an attempt to overwhelm our network with artificially high traffic. Although this has impacted your ability to access our network and enjoy our services, no personal information has been accessed. We will continue to work towards fixing this issue and hope to have our services up and running as soon as possible. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.
Message 21 of 40 (640 Views)
Sackboy
421 posts

Aug 25, 2014

HuntressInSoCal wrote:

By authorities, I mean whoever catches them.

Dexter Is On It.jpg

Message 22 of 40 (571 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users... And they also Heard the NEWS about HOME closing in japan and ASIA. And are taking steps to shut SONY down till they learn not to CLOSE PS HOME!  

If so i can see more and more of these SHUT DOWNS becuase of SONY Closing DOWN PS HOME!

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..... Maybe SONY will rethink Shutting down Playstation HOME and learn to keep stuff we BUY or spent MONEY on OPEN so we can Continue to use it.....

Just Saying Hopefully these Hackers are just as upset as some or rest of us Home users are.... And SONY starts to rethink there Plans to SHUT PS HOME down.... (HINT HINT)

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 23 of 40 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 26, 2014
NO.
Support Forums
Message 24 of 40 (504 Views)
VP of Gaming
28891 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2014

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users...

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..

You really are a bonehead, aren't you?

I don't usually insult others, but you've earned this one.

They aren't doing the community any favors if this is true. Just their own egos. And perhaps yours?

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 25 of 40 (499 Views)
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Aug 26, 2014

@DCS-Tekken

Try doing some research before embarrassing yourself even further.

Message 26 of 40 (491 Views)
Limit Breaker
16565 posts

Aug 26, 2014

DCS-Tekken, You're reaching man..

HomeStationMagazine
Message 27 of 40 (483 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4703 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Conrad_Max wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users...

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..

You really are a bonehead, aren't you?

I don't usually insult others, but you've earned this one.

They aren't doing the community any favors if this is true. Just their own egos. And perhaps yours?

laugh

Message 28 of 40 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2518 posts

Aug 26, 2014

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users... And they also Heard the NEWS about HOME closing in japan and ASIA. And are taking steps to shut SONY down till they learn not to CLOSE PS HOME!  

If so i can see more and more of these SHUT DOWNS becuase of SONY Closing DOWN PS HOME!

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..... Maybe SONY will rethink Shutting down Playstation HOME and learn to keep stuff we BUY or spent MONEY on OPEN so we can Continue to use it.....

Just Saying Hopefully these Hackers are just as upset as some or rest of us Home users are.... And SONY starts to rethink there Plans to SHUT PS HOME down.... (HINT HINT)

Closing home would probably be a good thing for you. Then you could begin on the road to recovery. Maybe start a 12 step program, Homies anonymous.

Message 29 of 40 (467 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1156 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Oh seriously DCS? geez, you'd think you would have abandoned Home long ago but no, still here and still complaining lol ...

Apparently the Lizards may not have caused the DDOS, as someone else is also claiming responsability (and offers proof). The lizards also made some Jihadi references after the bomb threat tweet and then started taunting the FBI.

Photobucket
 photo CT3WinnerBanner_zps9eb2b641.png
Message 30 of 40 (403 Views)
0 Likes