Fender Bender
2280 posts

Re: DDOS Attack on PSN

Aug 26, 2014

I wouldn't say that I support "hacking" as a means to send a message, BUT it does show how much the level of disgust with Sony as a whole is rising. I would NEVER support threats or damaging illegal actions as a means of expression, but there ARE ways to get into the good graces of your customers as a corporation....and apparently Sony seems to thrive on doing the opposite. Oh well!

http://www.yourpshome.net/f2/
Message 31 of 40 (601 Views)
Survivor
1742 posts

Aug 26, 2014

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users... And they also Heard the NEWS about HOME closing in japan and ASIA. And are taking steps to shut SONY down till they learn not to CLOSE PS HOME!  

If so i can see more and more of these SHUT DOWNS becuase of SONY Closing DOWN PS HOME!

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..... Maybe SONY will rethink Shutting down Playstation HOME and learn to keep stuff we BUY or spent MONEY on OPEN so we can Continue to use it.....

Just Saying Hopefully these Hackers are just as upset as some or rest of us Home users are.... And SONY starts to rethink there Plans to SHUT PS HOME down.... (HINT HINT)

Heh

Message 32 of 40 (568 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4410 posts

Aug 26, 2014
Oh boy, DCS..... :-p if there's any positives to take from these attacks it is that people like you are being kept out of PSN. LOL

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

@conrad_max

Message 33 of 40 (531 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 26, 2014

burn

Message 34 of 40 (469 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Aug 26, 2014

Conrad_Max wrote:

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users...

If this is what makes these HACKERS take action.... Then i say GO Ahead and do it..

You really are a bonehead, aren't you?

I don't usually insult others, but you've earned this one.

They aren't doing the community any favors if this is true. Just their own egos. And perhaps yours?

Holy **bleep**!!!

Johnny 5 is alive!

Message 35 of 40 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

Aug 27, 2014

ok, does anyone even know what a DDoS means to you?

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 36 of 40 (386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 27, 2014

Playstation home doesnt need any help getting shut down by outsiders. Sony cant get home right after 6 years of "Beta" status. Wish Sony would get their act together and earn the money they collect from the consumers.

Message 37 of 40 (351 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2014

DCS-Tekken wrote:

Well maybe these HACKERS are Playstation HOME users... And they also Heard the NEWS about HOME closing in japan and ASIA. And are taking steps to shut SONY down till they learn not to CLOSE PS HOME! 

Please stop trying to start rumors like this.  There are a lot of dumb people that view these forums that really do think there is truth to this. 

1. PlayStation Home had NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS.
  2. PSN, Home and Sony WHERE NOT HACKED!
  3. THIS WAS a DDOS ATTACK to PSN or PlayStation Network.

It's not that hard to understand a DDOS Attack is just a way to over load a server making the server it's self crash and no one else can use it.  It's very easy to do and has nothing to do with Hacking or Hackers.

They also went after Xbox servers.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 38 of 40 (344 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
223 posts

Aug 27, 2014

The twit(s) that done this be it the group or the one guy crying the group stole his thunder. Claim to be doing it for the customers of these big mean companies. In the end they only hurt and effect the ones they claim to be standing up for.this attack didn't bother Sony, they won't lose sleep over it. It was at worst an annoyence for them. Im not saying it was the end of the world for us the users but these morons effected us way more then Sony. I have a voice and a wallet i can speak for myself, just as the rest you. 

lightning photo tumblr_m9obahTLDP1ra3qoqo1_500_zpsdad312cd.gifthank you BMW
Message 39 of 40 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
9504 posts

Aug 27, 2014
Actually these guys grounded the flight the president of Sony online was on Sunday for hours after an emergency landing due to a troll tweet saying their were explosives on board the plane. They also attacked multiple game servers, FBI websites and shut down the Vatican website, all in the name of jihad.
Little more than a minor annoyance but whatever. Hopefully they're done with Sony and will be stopped soon.
Support Forums
Message 40 of 40 (284 Views)
0 Likes