Highlighted
Dec 28 2009
By: Haskell420 Wastelander 713 posts

Cyd, Everyone, the X-MAS Contest is BS and NOT FAIR to everyone. Please Read

61 replies 54 views Edited Dec 28, 2008

Cydonia..

Hello, 1st, can you  PLEASE respond to the message I SENT you last week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now this HAS to do with the contest. I think it is a very good idea, BUT there are SERIOUS problems with the format of it, and it NEEDS to be changed ASAP.

Cyd,  Why was this contest created?

Answer: Because it is fun, and because you WANTED to give ALL the members of HOME a chance to win some cool prizes, like the $10.00 credit.  Right? YES

But do you know what the REAL answer to that question is?  So you can give the members of Home, who stay GLUED to their computer, and refresh the HOME message boards every 2 seconds the best chance of winning over the ones who do not.

OH IT'S TRUE  And HERE IS WHY

1st -  Time there is NO distinct time frame you do it in and you NEED a time frame.

I say this because you continually post the questions, or Codes at varying times, as an example, ranging from today around 2pm and the other day you posted it after 7pm EST.

You NEED to have a certain time frame, example, say between 6-7PM EST,  or whatever.

Because EVERYONE IN HOME SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN, not just the ones who are glued to the PC's all day on this message board refreshing the page every 2 seconds wanting to be the 1st one to see it, and answer it.  Now I say this  and it leads me to the 2nd point.

2nd - If someone is not here at the time you make the contest post, they have ZERO chance at winning it because they are not at their PC.  Now they are not their because of being at work, or not home for whatever reason when it is posted, or they have other commitments that take thenm away from the PC. And YES some plain forget.

While I agree if you forget, your chance is gone, tough luck. 

But this is NOT about the ones who forget.  This IS about the ones who WANT to play, but are away from the PC for a good reason like I said, work, other commitments etc.

3rd - Your PENALIZING and basically screwing over the ones who are not here at that exact random moment you decide to post it. 

If we are NOT sitting at your PC at that exact moment you post it Cyd, at whatever RANDOM time you decide, you are therefor PENALIZING each and every person for having a life, a job, or having more important commitments than being HERE waiting hours on end wondering when in fact it's posted. 

What you are REALLY SAYING is, "If you want to win the contest, NO MATTER WHAT, you are not allowed a to have life, or a job, so you have to be here every waking second, glued to your PC, and you have to be constantly refreshing the page to see if I put up the contest every few seconds". By doing what your doing now, that is what your saying and the working people get SQUAT.

Now some people are at work and they CAN access the internet and check the message boards, which is good for them!  

.................BUT................

But what about the people who are at work, and their computer at work does not allow them internet access?

Many companies do, do that, as many people here know they are not allowed or cannot access the Internet, and so the contest IS NOT fair to them.

They're a member of HOME, but if you post it while they are at work during the day, they have ZERO shot to ever win. How it that FAIR to them?? IT'S NOT

--Why can't you post the contest between, as an example, BETWEEN 8pm - 10pm EST.  (5pm and 7pm PST) then you have the West coast people also now home from work, which is when the working people login to HOME, is when they are home from WORK.

4TH- If someone see's the post 1st, and answers it, and the next person does also, then anyone who gets their fast enough, all they have to do is copy and paste someone else's answer, and they have a chance to win, IF for example, the 1st 10 spots are winners.  I know the past few have been for the 1st person to get it right, but the ones prior allowed some others. 

1 way to counter THAT is by having the people SEND YOU their answer, and NOT to post it.

Cyd,  can you create a Answer Moderator or whatever you want to call it, so when you post it, the author does not say Cydonia, it says CydoniaContest.. or ContestCydonia..... or whatever you want to call it. I'm sure you can create a seperate moderator account and post the Contest questions from them.

Have the contest where multiple people can win, but also takes WORK.. or take the top 20 or so and do a random drawing between the others and the 1st to answer wins more. When the UNcharted rooms came out, the way to figure the answer was listeing to the radio, playing the arcade, and then we had the date, and 7 digit codes.   Can you figure another contest where it actually takes work, or whatever you do, just so everyone has a fair shot, and doesnt do the copy and paste thing.  Even now you can see, the other contests you had 6, 7, or more pages of replies, yet only the 1st few win. Now that you have only 1 winner, notice that now only 5 or 6 pages of replies to it. After a while, only 2 pages will have replies and everyone else will just say screw it.

Yes this post is long, but it's done for a reason as I think I made valuable points and I hope others agree with it. Please, let's change this for the better, so EVERYONE can have a chance.

Agree or disagre but make your vocie known

PSN: Haskell420: aka "The Master Beta'R" - PSU member since 2000:GAP member since 2004 w/ 22-PS2 Beta Tests : Now 39- PS3 & PS4 Betas!
* PS REWARDS BETA Member - 2014 BETA's- PS4- DESTINY: Alpha BETA, Battlefield: Hardline Pvt. Beta, PS Now Pvt BETA Invite PS3 & PS4), 3/14- DESTINY - 2012 Betas- 35. DUST 514 "Closed Private Beta, 34. Dust 514 Private Beta & 33. PS All Stars Beta, 2011- 32. R & C:All 4 One Beta, 31.Gotham City Impost. Beta, -30. Call of Duty Elite Beta, 29. Starhawk Pvt. Beta, 28.Resistance 3 Pvt/Closed Beta INVITE(not from PS+), 27.Uncharted 3 MP BETA
2010 - 26) DCUO, 25)LBP 2-Private Beta, 24) Killzone 3-Private Beta, 23) A.Creed 2:B.Hood MP Beta, 22) Dead Space 2 MP Closed Beta, 21)Dead Space 2 Private BETA, 20)Medal Of Honor MP Beta, 19)F.Fantasy Alpha BETA, 18)N.F.S:World-Closed Beta, 17)BLUR Beta; 10)PC: Star Craft 2, Command/Conq.

2009-ALL Closed Beta Testing's-:16)ModNation Racing, 15)Battlefield 2 Beta,14)MAG Beta, 13)Uncharted 2 MP Beta, 12) SuperCar Challenge Closed & 11)SCC Private Beta,10)FAT Princess Beta,9) Resistance:Fall of Man 2, 8)HOME-Closed-)HOME Open Beta Tester, 6)LBP, 5.)SOCOM: Confrontation, 4)Motorstorm Pacific Rift, 3)Grand Turismo Prologue:Closed & 2)GT Open Beta Tester, 1)Rainbow Six Beta- FREE Realms- PC Beta Tester,
Music: Metallica,VH,Queensryche,Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Megadeth, 50's,80's, NY Yankees, J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets, NY Islanders, Florida Gators
Message 1 of 62 (54 Views)
Wastelander
585 posts

Re: Cyd, Everyone, the X-MAS Contest is BS and NOT FAIR to everyone. Please Read

Dec 28, 2008
IF YOU DONT LIKE! THEN FORGET IT!
Sora Signature 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Re: Cyd, Everyone, the X-MAS Contest is BS and NOT FAIR to everyone. Please Read

Dec 28, 2008

Hopfully soon theyll have a page that will take your answers and randomly select from those who havent been chosen already.

Message 3 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4909 posts

Dec 28, 2008
So basically this big first ever Home event's total value is USD $120? $10 per day? The only thing I agree with is that the number of winners is way too limited (feels like you have a better shot at the lotto) that and the rules were added after the event began AFAIK.
Message 4 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Dec 28, 2008
Or better yet, how about bringing Home Japan's quiz format to NA Home? Perhaps even give a free virtual item just for particapating, like in Japan too. Then randomly choose a winner from those who got the answers right..? I haven't even tried participating in this current contest due to the points the OP has brought up.

- PlayStation Home Beta Tester from Oct 14th 2008 to April 1st 2015 -
Message 5 of 62 (54 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 28, 2008

SpyDudeFX wrote:
So basically this big first ever Home event's total value is USD $120? $10 per day? The only thing I agree with is that the number of winners is way too limited (feels like you have a better shot at the lotto) that and the rules were added after the event began AFAIK.

The first few people so more than 120 dollars,though thatswhat cyd said each prize would be worth in cash value reality i, no one paid for it

Anyways I'm sure the yneed to get thier **bleep** together considering all the junk mail from us they must deal with Everyone and everything gets the benefit of the  doubt while its new, 1month 2 weeks before I start bashing them

Edit: And yes they only added the rules and such after like the 3rd or 4th questionaire so...hmmm thats odd.

Message Edited by Sky_The_Assassin on 12-28-2008 02:52 PM
Message 6 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes
io7
Wastelander
739 posts

Dec 28, 2008
yeah i send them emails LONG ago and no answer....take that as a hint
A Note from your children's future sponsors:
Join the energy revolution - Greenpeace
Find out more about endangered species
Message 7 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12198 posts

Dec 28, 2008

If you buy into these silly Home events then its your own doing...

I didnt even bother reading those silly Threads lol/

Photobucket
Message 8 of 62 (54 Views)
Sackboy
439 posts

Dec 28, 2008
how do i kudo.. click? the red star? im on my ps3 and have found thingsdont always work right on the web
Burn7-7oas7-
Message 9 of 62 (54 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Dec 28, 2008

io7 wrote:
yeah i send them emails LONG ago and no answer....take that as a hint

Well besides you there are probably tons of other people who messaged cyd and locust I mean yeah theyre the Home managers and I'm only defending them for the points(oops) but theyre human(I think) I mean I wouldnt devote my whole day to reading broken english and "Hi mom!" mail even though some of those may be legitimate problems or bugs.

Message Edited by Sky_The_Assassin on 12-28-2008 03:04 PM
Message 10 of 62 (54 Views)
0 Likes