Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Re: [ Cupcake Companion ]

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

D-Nitrate wrote:
You are correct about the difficulties of distributing content for different regions with different rules and regulations, and on top of that each of the four regions of Home clearly have their own management teams.

However you are wrong about hacking.  Hacking has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty or skill level required.  There are basic hacks and complex hacks, but they are all hacks when code is being manipulated, which is exactly what the infamous ISE (Item Server Exploit) does.   It also results in a quick trip to banville if you get caught using unauthorized items (like the poker crowns), and in public spaces outside the region the items are from.  

YMMV, but don't whine about getting banned if it happens.  This is why most people who use the ISE to hack their Home files do it with alt accounts that they don't care if they get banned or not.

Let me put it this way...  I went to College to become a Programmer nothing was ever just given to me.  Where I come from if you're using a tool that someone else made you're not a Hacker.  I own a stethoscope and can read people's heartbeats does that make me a Doctor?  I hope not!

Hackers have a name for people who use other people's tool's and call them self's Hackers it's called a Lamer.

The way these tool's work is very easy.  You have a file with about 1,500 item's from Home and you just put that file on you're PS3 it's no skill'z needed at all.  If the code manipulated in any way it will not give you you're item's.  I don't know why you seem to think the code has to be manipulated.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 21 of 61 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Clearly you are not very familiar with how the ISE works, so we shall just leave it at that, but it most certainly does manipulate the code, and it most definitely is a hack, regardless of how easy it is to do (although there are more advanced forms of the ISE, but based on your comments it doesn't sound like you are aware of them, as they do not simply add a preset number of items, but rather let you create your own item list).

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 22 of 61 (243 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Nov 15, 2012

There is nothing simple about this hack. Without giving out any details. To prepare your console to do this hack. You have already violated the TOS. Your PS3 will be bricked and your accounts on that console will be permabanned. If your caught accessing this network that is.

Xbox live has developed a system that detects these consoles. Then around this time of the year. They ban thousands of consoles in one go. With Psn it's most unlikely they have this kind of programming. Since they really don't care about anything here. Unless you use the word miserable in a message to them. Then they get all bent out of shape over that word lol.

Now comes the part when you are actually committing a Federal crime. With the aforementioned altered console. You have to hack into this network. I'm not going to call this a crack like this other person said. This stuff is not from warez* and I'm not going to glorify these hackers like this other guy did. In order to copy these items into your account. You are hacking into this network that's plain and simple.

Warning people there is no such thing as a nice hacker. Do not trust anyone with your account information. You will lose your account here and you tell CS why your account got hijacked. They will ban your account.

Until Psn gets smart and starts to close these huge holes in this network. Your going to see more and more of these hacked items. Then mark my words, it will be just a matter of time this network will be taken down again...

* Warez was a loose association of people who believed the internet should be free for all. They never hacked into anybodies network. They did provide ways of getting programs for free. They started when the internet became public domain.

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Message 23 of 61 (234 Views)
Fender Bender
2961 posts

Nov 15, 2012

When you use a code. Your accessing the item(s) using the store purchase system. So you they have a record of the item(s). Rewards are open to all. That's why when your rewards disappear. There is nothing they can do to help you. Like you experienced in the past TJ...

TJMVoyager wrote:
I thought once you used a code for a PS3, that code can no longer be used? Most codes I have got I can only use them once, unless it was for multiple time.

I don't know, just asking, Smiley Happy

Map
Map

Message 24 of 61 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Nov 15, 2012

This is all just getting ridiculous lets get this clear beleive me or believe me not hacking or ise as it was commonly  know realy  is patched and has been for quite some time.

You see any new japan items on usa home nowadays? the answer is no (you might see  old ones before the exploit was patched)

Message 25 of 61 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2961 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

Really? Then why did JP Home just warn everyone just this past week. If you get caught with these items from a third party program on your account. Your console will be bricked and you will be permabanned. For JP Home to state this so publicly there is an obvious current problem correct?

ptmacey wrote:

This is all just getting ridiculous lets get this clear believe me or believe me not hacking or ise as it was commonly  know really  is patched and has been for quite some time.

You see any new Japan items on USA home nowadays? The answer is no (you might see  old ones before the exploit was patched)

Map
Map

Message 26 of 61 (203 Views)
Shinra Executive
29271 posts

Nov 15, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Really? Then why did JP Home just warn everyone just this past week. If you get caught with these items from a third party program on your account. Your console will be bricked and you will be permabanned. For JP Home to state this so publicly there is an obvious current problem correct?

ptmacey wrote:

This is all just getting ridiculous lets get this clear believe me or believe me not hacking or ise as it was commonly  know really  is patched and has been for quite some time.

You see any new Japan items on USA home nowadays? The answer is no (you might see  old ones before the exploit was patched)

If they said this you have to give the Japanese Home team credit. Their level of tolerance is certainly differnt than it is in other regions. 

Message 27 of 61 (189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

King, mundane people aren't interested in the distinctions between hackers, crackers, script kiddies, and lamers. Remember, they learned about computers by watching tv.

strider367 wrote:

I'm not going to call this a crack like this other person said. This stuff is not from warez*

Warning people there is no such thing as a nice hacker.

Once again proving know just enough to make a complete fool out of yourself.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 28 of 61 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 15, 2012

strider367 wrote:

Link please

GAPHome

General

Message 29 of 61 (167 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 15, 2012

StardustChampion wrote:

A noble effort, King, but you'll never be able to explain the difference between hackers, crackers, script kiddies, and lamers to mundane people. Remember, they learned about computers by watching tv.=

Well, I tryed the U.S. dictionary but no one seemed to read what I posted.  You would think that would be the best way.

I tryed and that's all I plain on doing. 

GAPHome

General

Message 30 of 61 (163 Views)
0 Likes