I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Re: [ Cupcake Companion ]

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Shame the rewards aren't offered up here in North America as a free promo given it doesn't appear the event itself is coming. 

Hacking has nothing to do with it they are just coppying the code.  It's like having two PS3 game's on two different accounts on you're PS3.

That's totally wrong. They are manupulating the system so that they can write stuff to Sony's reward server.

Message 11 of 61 (317 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 15, 2012

asfghjklEU wrote:
That's totally wrong. They are manupulating the system so that they can write stuff to Sony's reward system.

Manaupulating the system?  lol, how?  Do you need any type of skill to do this?  No?!?!  Is it so easy a 5 year old can do it?  Yes!?!?  Well let's not call these guys Hacker's.  As I said all these guy's are doing is making copy's of item's in Home and putting them on other accounts.  Is there anything wrong with this?  Has the Home staff came in and told us that this has to be stoped?  Funny I have not seen that post yet.

As I also said none of the item's they are coppying are paid item's.   Paid item's are saved on the Sony server's and can't be traded. 

You also know that some people are missing item's that they got from game's like the "criss angel coffin couch".  Have a question for you...  If you won the criss angel coffin couch and it got lost/deleted in an update and then you copyed it back onto you're account is that wrong?

Also keep in mind that I've never done any of this I just don't see anything wrong with it.  I also KNOW there is no hacking to it.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 12 of 61 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I'm not saying I approve of hacking. But if Sony would stop making region only items, and make items for all regions to share. Than this wouldn't be a problem. I mean all the cool stuff that JPN and EU get. Is it any wonder people are willing to hack to get these? And the thing is too, if hackers are able to easily bring these items to NA. Then why can't Sony and their developers do that here too? They come up with excuses that something like that would take a lot of time to program for the NA market. So is Sony saying that all their developers are complete idiots?

bobs fed signature
Message 13 of 61 (290 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:

I'm not saying I approve of hacking. But if Sony would stop making region only items, and make items for all regions to share. Than this wouldn't be a problem. I mean all the cool stuff that JPN and EU get. Is it any wonder people are willing to hack to get these? And the thing is too, if hackers are able to easily bring these items to NA. Then why can't Sony and their developers do that here too? They come up with excuses that something like that would take a lot of time to program for the NA market. So is Sony saying that all their developers are complete idiots?

Again not "Hacking" no skill's or knowledge needed to do what these people are doing.  But the reason that Sony does block region items is becuse they are made by different companies around the world.  In a way they are forced to seeing how they don't have the right's to sell them.

GAPHome

General

Message 14 of 61 (281 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
940 posts

Nov 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

asfghjklEU wrote:
That's totally wrong. They are manupulating the system so that they can write stuff to Sony's reward system.

Manaupulating the system?  lol, how?  Do you need any type of skill to do this?  No?!?!  Is it so easy a 5 year old can do it?  Yes!?!?  Well let's not call these guys Hacker's.  As I said all these guy's are doing is making copy's of item's in Home and putting them on other accounts.  Is there anything wrong with this?  Has the Home staff came in and told us that this has to be stoped?  Funny I have not seen that post yet.

As I also said none of the item's they are coppying are paid item's.   Paid item's are saved on the Sony server's and can't be traded. 

You also know that some people are missing item's that they got from game's like the "criss angel coffin couch".  Have a question for you...  If you won the criss angel coffin couch and it got lost/deleted in an update and then you copyed it back onto you're account is that wrong?

Also keep in mind that I've never done any of this I just don't see anything wrong with it.  I also KNOW there is no hacking to it.

Please explain the procedure on how they are "copying" items then. 

Message 15 of 61 (280 Views)
Fender Bender
3075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

Again not "Hacking" no skill's or knowledge needed to do what these people are doing.  But the reason that Sony does block region items is becuse they are made by different companies around the world.  In a way they are forced to seeing how they don't have the right's to sell them.

Ok not hacking then. I didn't know what other word to use for it. But we have Little Big Planet items and space's here. And LBP is a trademark of Sony. So I don't know what the problem is for bringing it here. And did you notice that we don't get anymore PS3 game themed space's anymore. But JPN and EU do. For some reason they get so many cooler thing then we do and a lot of free stuff too. Alot of times when something is free in NA home it still costs us in some way, or we still have to shell out cash to really enjoy it.

bobs fed signature
Message 16 of 61 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

asfghjklEU wrote:
Please explain the procedure on how they are "copying" items then. 

Umm, I don't think so.

All you need to know is it's easy anyone can do it, and as far as I know it's legal and you're not brakeing any rules.  You might also want to look up the definition of the word "Hacker"

What Is a Hacker?

Many people who don't know anything about hacking believe that computer criminals are hackers. Heck, that's what news stories call computer criminals.

Reporters who call criminals "hackers" make us real hackers angry.  Eric Raymond, author of “The New Hacker's Dictionary,” says, “Real hackers call these people ‘crackers’ and want nothing to do with them... being able to break security doesn’t make you a hacker any more than being able to hot wire cars makes you an automotive engineer.  Unfortunately, many journalists and writers have been fooled into using the word ‘hacker’ to describe crackers; this irritates real hackers no end...

You must have read about some bad hackers in you're day's.  Well who do you think stop thoes guys?  Good hackers.

hack·er/ˈhakər/

Noun:
  1. An enthusiastic and skillful computer programmer or user.

GAPHome

General

Message 17 of 61 (260 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Bobsfed wrote:
Ok not hacking then. I didn't know what other word to use for it. But we have Little Big Planet items and space's here. And LBP is a trademark of Sony. So I don't know what the problem is for bringing it here. And did you notice that we don't get anymore PS3 game themed space's anymore. But JPN and EU do. For some reason they get so many cooler thing then we do and a lot of free stuff too. Alot of times when something is free in NA home it still costs us in some way, or we still have to shell out cash to really enjoy it.

I'm sorry my friend you lost me a little bit.  We do have LBP item's on the NA server and we also have the LBP Playground space in Home.  what item's and or spaces are we talking about?  The new event that just oppen up in Japan?

GAPHome

General

Message 18 of 61 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4541 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

Bobsfed wrote:

You are correct about the difficulties of distributing content for different regions with different rules and regulations, and on top of that each of the four regions of Home clearly have their own management teams.

However you are wrong about hacking.  Hacking has absolutely nothing to do with the difficulty or skill level required.  There are basic hacks and complex hacks, but they are all hacks when code is being manipulated, which is exactly what the infamous ISE (Item Server Exploit) does.   It also results in a quick trip to banville if you get caught using unauthorized items (like the poker crowns), and in public spaces outside the region the items are from.  

YMMV, but don't whine about getting banned if it happens.  This is why most people who use the ISE to hack their Home files do it with alt accounts that they don't care if they get banned or not.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 19 of 61 (234 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1669 posts

Nov 15, 2012
I thought once you used a code for a PS3, that code can no longer be used? Most codes I have got I can only use them once, unless it was for multiple time.

I don't know, just asking, Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 61 (223 Views)
0 Likes