Jan 14 2010
By: ThE_ChEErLeaDeR1 First Son 20 posts

Creeps

43 replies 17 views Edited Jan 14, 2010
So I went on Home for the very first time all excited to explore and look at all the different stores, and some guy starts following me around.  He kept going in front of me everytime I stopped saying hi asking where I was from and how old I was, and me, not seeing how this was relevant, told him I was not here to make virtual friends.  He then proceeded to message me twice harassing me asking how old I was and what not.  I don't think it's right that people can message you just like that, you should have to accept a friend request before people can message you from home.  I felt very invaded in my personal space.  And now I find out there is no way to report him unless he actually happens to be in home at the same time I am?  There has to be another way, so if anyone knows one or can help me out that would be awesome. Thanks.
Message Edited by CronoEX on 01-14-2010 05:14 AM
Message 14 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Re: Creeps

Jan 14, 2010
You can add him to your block list on the PS3, but there's no way to avoid him on Home.
As Young As I Was, I Felt Older Back Then
More Disciplined, Stronger And Certain
But I was Scared To Death Of Eternity.
I Was Saved By Grace But Destroyed By Naivety.
Message 1 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, too bad there's no option to only accept messages from friends or even the block and harasser and harassee become invisible to each other.  The only thing you can do is block, mute and try to move on, with the exception of the jackass still following you and possibly trying to dance or crouch in front of you.  

OT - Kudos to that one person who said something like "notice how people start to use the forums when they get into this situation" 

Photobucket
Message 2 of 44 (17 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4709 posts

Jan 14, 2010
just addhim to block list
I miss cyd Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 14, 2010

killla_that_dude wrote:

Yeah, too bad there's no option to only accept messages from friends or even the block and harasser and harassee become invisible to each other.  The only thing you can do is block, mute and try to move on, with the exception of the jackass still following you and possibly trying to dance or crouch in front of you.  

OT - Kudos to that one person who said something like "notice how people start to use the forums when they get into this situation" 

That could be amusing. 

*Guy walks up to girl*

"hey bby"

*Girl disappears*

"wut da ****"

*Sees another girl*

"hi were u from"

*Girl disappears*

"wats goin on"

*Sees one more girl*

"hey gud lookin"

*Girl disappears*

*Guy walks up to another guy ranting*

"dude why did all the girlz leave? i only see guys here now"

*Guy replies*

"I am talking to one right beside you as we speak, and I see more of them all around. Face it chum, you have been blocked."

"Wut did i do???"

Yeah.....I see it happening. Would be amusing too.

Message 4 of 44 (17 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
314 posts

Jan 14, 2010
Haha I wish they would put that kind of thing up. lol itll be weird trying to play games like poker, seeing no1s there and the games occupied. awesome
Message 5 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jan 14, 2010

killla_that_dude wrote:

I love that idea! All the harassers want is attention. Take that away and they are powerless.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1760 posts

Jan 14, 2010
It is a sad showing of what our future holds, as these are people from 8 to 80. no joking. but alas there is hope. he or she, you never know just because the avatar is male, can still be reported. make sure to type it right as its case sensitive. here is the psn complaint forum. http://np.us.playstation.com/complaint/pc/ComplaintForm.aspx
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 7 of 44 (17 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Jan 14, 2010
Hate to say it, but you should just change your name or the harrassment won't stop. "The Cheerleader" is like a big moving target on screen for griefers.
Message 8 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5125 posts

Jan 14, 2010

LunarStryke wrote:
Hate to say it, but you should just change your name or the harrassment won't stop. "The Cheerleader" is like a big moving target on screen for griefers.

Even with the name, if you turn into a fat guy, I am sure they would stop. All that would do if give them images of said fat guy as a cheerleader, and they will walk away.

Message 9 of 44 (17 Views)
0 Likes