Feb 03 2013
By: buckallmighty Ghost of Sparta 10644 posts
Accepted Solution

Crackle loot eod vs Crackle app

8 replies 298 views Edited Feb 3, 2013
Noticed quite a few pretty decent new movies on the app version tonight that havnt made it to the eod's on home yet. Anyone know when exactly the eod's update and ill be able to watch them with a friend on home? Hoping not to have to wait till after weekly maintenance because if the skyrim dlc coming out on the 5th is true i wont have much time for movies.
Message 1 of 9 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Re: Crackle loot eod vs Crackle app

Feb 3, 2013
I'm not sure but I have noticed things on the app before EOD.

And here recently, the EOD has been suffering from a lot of "downloading media", stutters and bufferings where I can immediately switch over to the app and have no problems.

Plus, the app has better genre selections (such as a section for anime).

With the ustream channels not working 90% if the time, too, I've been using the EODs much less than I used to.
Message 2 of 9 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Same here. I was just looking forward to watching stripes with a friend i guess. App version does work so much better. Hopefully it updates on monday and not wednesday. Have a slight suspicion i wont be on home much for a few weeks after wednesday.
Message 3 of 9 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5016 posts

Feb 3, 2013

I don't have the app because my Sony 3D Internet TV already has it built in... And yes Crackle on the TV has more Movies listed than what they show on Home...  I think it's becuase it would take way way to long to load them all on Home then...

So not a big problem!

But one thing u don't get if u play them Direct on ur TV and not on HOME? the FREE Crackle Goodies like FREE posters etc.... AWW!

And who doesn't like FREE stuff for Home.....

SHAME on SONY for making us HOMEless by Closing our PS HOME!
Message 4 of 9 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1126 posts

Feb 3, 2013

hi op here a link to what crackle app is Crackle app is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackle and here a link to crackle loot eod tv. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Pictures_Loot. I hope this infomation helps tc and have fun

Message 5 of 9 (227 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 3, 2013
When all else fails dont ask the other users i suppose... just ask wiki........ =~P
Message 6 of 9 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
269 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

The biggest difference between app and eod is you get rewards for watching movies thru the EOD while in personal space.  Watching certain movies gets your free posters.  Last night I got a free popcorn box for watching a movie.  Smiley Happy  lol

Message 7 of 9 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3361 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 4, 2013

buckallmighty wrote:
Noticed quite a few pretty decent new movies on the app version tonight that havnt made it to the eod's on home yet. Anyone know when exactly the eod's update and ill be able to watch them with a friend on home? Hoping not to have to wait till after weekly maintenance because if the skyrim dlc coming out on the 5th is true i wont have much time for movies.

The movies in the EOD systems update the first Monday of every month (Unless they changed it). That is when they add new movies and take out the old or less watched ones.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 9 (157 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Feb 4, 2013
Sweet! Thank you.
Message 9 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes