Highlighted
Dec 07 2009
By: Animus_Requiem I Only Post Everything 1108 posts

Costumes, an end to "Customizing" Avatars?

28 replies 27 views Edited Dec 7, 2009

We all remember after 1.3 the costume section was in our wardrobe. I was hoping that it would be a quick link, like taking full items we have bought and combining it in that subsection as well as the keeping the individual pieces in its subsections (keeping the pieces separate, but combining them so you would not have to look for them in each subsection to make the full suit).

Unfortunately this was not the case. Instead, they were for selling full costumes that could not be modified in any way (save for gloves, or head in some instances) so that we can not mix and match certain items with others (Say the burn zombie burn torso with the zombie deadquarters legs).

Homes features include "customizing" our avatars, but to what degree? To look like another full character in a game void of any further customization? Thats what it is beginning to look like now. This whole costume section, while not hindering other people to look different with other virtual clothing to mix and match, I feel home is losing some of its charm with these full costumes where if you remove a piece such as the torso, you lose the rights to wear the whole costume.

Cant Sony just sell costumes at a reduced price and sell its pieces where together it may cost .50 to $1 more, this way for the budget people, they can get the full costumes, and for others, that extra .50 to $1 so that we can customize it fully?

The one thing stopping me from buying the Ezio costume is that, minus the head and arms, we can not customize the costume on our avatar any further (which defeats one of homes purposes for me, note I said one). So the full costume is 2.99, if Home sold its pieces say $1 each, bringing it to $4, I would gladly buy each piece so I can customize my avatar and mix and match. 

I dont want to lose the ability to customize my avatar with other costumes, heck I want to wear a Resistance 2 top with a KillZone 2 legs. This is the beginning and I know Home hasnt done this to much, but its only the beginning, and if Home does this to the point where only the old items can be mixed and matched and costume parts cant be integrated with others, its going to harm my experience on Home to a certain degree.

On the next suggestion thread, I will suggest that full costumes also be offered in pieces. Its a little thing, but its an option I like being afforded to me. 

*Edit: little grammar mistakes*

Message Edited by Animus_Requiem on 12-07-2009 07:22 AM
Platinum Trophy Collection
Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete

Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.

- Animus_Requiem, Writing Director at PSTalent.com
Message 10 of 29 (27 Views)
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Re: Costumes, an end to "Customizing" Avatars?

Dec 7, 2009
I agree!! I WILL NOT buy a costume that doesen't have seporate parts!! I so wanted the burn zombie burn costume!! They only sell the head seporite. Smiley Sad You should see my ninja turkey-zombie combo!!! XD
Message 1 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1108 posts

Dec 7, 2009

KillJoyDOD wrote:
I agree!! I WILL NOT buy a costume that doesen't have seporate parts!! I so wanted the burn zombie burn costume!! They only sell the head seporite. Smiley Sad You should see my ninja turkey-zombie combo!!! XD

I fear that it may be the same problem with the amazon Darksiders preorder which will really bum me out.

Resident Evil 5 Platinum TrophyinFAMOUS Platinum TrophyResistance 2 Platinum TrophyBatman Arkham Asylume Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed II Master AssassinDemon's Souls Toughest SoulDante's Inferno Master of The InfernoAliens vs Predator Not Bad for A HumanDarksiders BFAStar Wars The Force Unleashed 100% Complete

Love machinima and Home videos? Find us on PSTalent.com to watch and possibly star in one of our latest projects! Meet other Home enthusiasts, play a few games and join a community that thrives on creation and unique perspectives.

Message 2 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2681 posts

Dec 7, 2009
It will be a sad day when we can't pick and choose. This seems like another potential battle that the community is going to have to put up with.
Message 3 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2137 posts

Dec 7, 2009
Alot of the new costumes appear to be doing that "whole costume only" thing. Gloves seem to be the exception.
Message Edited by djepic112 on 12-07-2009 01:32 AM
Photobucket
Message 4 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Dec 7, 2009
Well, for the Darksiders I wouldn't say it looks glued. The war suit does, but I think it may be logical that we could mix the ruin mask with the war armor. Besides, they're in the same category right?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5465 posts

Dec 7, 2009

djepic112 wrote:
Alot of the new costumes appear to be doing that "whole costume only" thing. Gloves seem to be the exception.

Gloves and hat, I mean, with the AC costume at least.  I wouldn't know about the alt SF4 costumes, seeing as I didn't purchase one alt attire yet.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
666 posts

Dec 7, 2009

killla_that_dude wrote:

djepic112 wrote:

Gloves and hat, I mean, with the AC costume at least.  I wouldn't know about the alt SF4 costumes, seeing as I didn't purchase one alt attire yet.

I have a few of the alternate outfits, they are all fully customizable. You can mix and match just about any part of these outfits.
Message 7 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6228 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Animus_Requiem wrote:

We all remember after 1.3 the costume section was in our wardrobe. I was hoping that it would be a quicklink, like taking full items we have bought and combining it in that subsection as well as the keeping the individual pieces in its subsections (keeping the pieces separate, but combining them so you would not have to look for them in each subsection to make the full suit).

Unfortunately this was not the case. Instead, they were for selling full costumes that could not be modified in any way (save for gloves, or head in some instances) so that we can not mix and match certain items with others (Say the burn zombie burn torso with the zombie deadquarters legs).

Homes features include "customizing" our avatars, but to what degree? To look like another full character in a game void of any further customization? Thats what it is beginning to look like now. This whole costume section, while not hindering other people to look different with other virtual clothing to mix and match, I feel home is losing some of its charm with these full costumes where if you remove a piece such as the torso, you lose the rights to wear the whole costume.

Cant Sony just sell costumes at a reduced price and sell its pieces where together it may cost .50 to $1 more, this way for the budget people, they can get the full costumes, and for others, that extra .50 to $1 so that we can customize it fully?

The one thing stopping me from buying the Ezio costume is that, minus the head and arms, we can not customize the costume on our avatar any further (which defeats one of homes purposes for me, note I said one). So the full costume is 2.99, if Home sold its pieces say $1 each, bringing it to $4, I would gladly buy each piece so I can customize my avatarand mix and match. 

I dont want to lose the ability to customize my avatar with other costumes, heck I want to wear a Resistance 2 top with a KillZone 2 legs. This is the beginning and I know Home hasnt done this to much, but its only the beginning, and if Home does this to the point where only the old items can be mixed and matched and costume parts cant be integrated with others, its going to harm my experience on Home to a certain degree.

On the next suggestion thread, I will suggest that full costumes also be offered in pieces. Its a little thing, but its an option I like being afforded to me. 

This does not affect me as I am not a big costume buyer - I am more of a fashion designer - But I must say - I love to look at all the different costumes the guys on Home make - some are like moving works of art - and I know there are those in the community that take great pride in thier works and strive to be ground breaking and original...   So I can see how them locking costumes limits your possibilities,,, Hopefully this great thread will get the attention it deserves...   

Message 8 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1108 posts

Dec 7, 2009

Dajustin13 wrote:

killla_that_dude wrote:

djepic112 wrote:

I have a few of the alternate outfits, they are all fully customizable. You can mix and match just about any part of these outfits.

Easy way you can tell if any costume bundle is fully customizable, they list the parts in the description (yes even the SFIV Alternates) so at least you know what you are buying, unless you have a standard tv and is less than about 28 inches, heck I have trouble reading at standard def 32 inches unless I get closer to the TV. Regardless, thanks for the support folks, keep it coming=]

Message 9 of 29 (27 Views)
0 Likes