Sackboy
407 posts

Re: Congratulations to Heavy Water! (Emo Ray)

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Message 41 of 81 (730 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Nov 28, 2012

The haters of the car game need to keep in mind that Home is essentially just a 3D chat room / social network. Its NOT meant to be a true alternative to your gaming options.

Its not fair or reasonable to compare the CASUAL games within home to blu-ray or ps store content. The games are meant to appeal to people spending extended periods within home, to give them something to do between random conversations or untill friends or club mates log in. Also they are intended to appeal to collectors and those that depend on free rewards for customizations.

Also, Ive played many retro style games and poor quality games in the PS Store, and personally if i find the gameplay to be "horrible", then I consider that simply PART OF THE CHALLENGE..  A game shouldnt have to be automatically intuitive for it to have merit, if you overcome the ineherent dificulties then that means extra Kudos or it makes the rewards less common imo.

Invisibility in pic below occured naturally during a random error within Home a couple years ago! Me and my friends shirts/pants appeared this way upon login.
Message 42 of 81 (708 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

LOL, The Mailman (Full Body Suit) is easily my favorite reward so far.

Mailman

Message 43 of 81 (707 Views)
Sackboy
407 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

he

ck2875 wrote:

LOL, The Mailman (Full Body Suit) is easily my favorite reward so far.

Mailman

doesnt have color to him?

Message 44 of 81 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Nov 29, 2012

The female emo ray outfit doesnt even show Im a female and its showing Male on my emo ray outfit not the females! -_-

Message 45 of 81 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Re: Congratulations to Heavy Water! (emo Ray)

Nov 29, 2012

ck2875 wrote:

A typo or does HeavyH2O know my friends are in the closet?

Closet Friends

Lol they might just be CK! Especially if they are emo. I knew an emo guy who like to sleep in his closet so this may not be a typo.

Message 46 of 81 (585 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

Thanks to ck for posting pictures of the rewards. Awesome Newman outfit.

PipenAin wrote:

The haters of the car game need to keep in mind that Home is essentially just a 3D chat room / social network. Its NOT meant to be a true alternative to your gaming options.

Home is not a social network. It's an online virtual world with a focus on third party games.

PipenAin wrote:

Its not fair or reasonable to compare the CASUAL games within home to blu-ray or ps store content. The games are meant to appeal to people spending extended periods within home, to give them something to do between random conversations or untill friends or club mates log in. Also they are intended to appeal to collectors and those that depend on free rewards for customizations.

Sorry, but that's no excuse for a terrible game. There are so many problems with Emo Ray that I won't begin to list them--and this was after fifteen minutes of attempting to play the demo!

There are good games on Home: Salt Shooter, TankTop 1.0, Pirates (prior to the 2.0 update), Novus Prime, F.U.B.A.R., Cogs, Buzz!: Studio, Slay, Xi, etc. Some of these are single player and others may be enjoyed with friends. The common factor is that they all do what they're supposed to and do it rather well.

PipenAin wrote:

Also, Ive played many retro style games and poor quality games in the PS Store, and personally if i find the gameplay to be "horrible", then I consider that simply PART OF THE CHALLENGE..  A game shouldnt have to be automatically intuitive for it to have merit, if you overcome the ineherent dificulties then that means extra Kudos or it makes the rewards less common imo.

So you're a masochist with low expectations.

I played those "retro style games" when they were orginally released. A lot of them were good for their time. A few still hold up today. I have enough experience to spot a bad game immediately. Emo Ray is among the worst. Heavy Water has lowered the bar several rungs below VeeMee (No Man's Land).

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 47 of 81 (548 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

The Mailman is indeed colorless.

--

Here's a better pic of the Teddy Bear Head item (comes in male or female)

Teddy Bear Head

Message 48 of 81 (510 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

I read somewhere there was a teddy bear companion? I'm not sure if its worth investing in this game just yet. A lot of rewards, but it doesn't really seem to be my cup of tea...

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 49 of 81 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Message 50 of 81 (491 Views)