May 04 2007
By: Viralwhite I Only Post Everything 1324 posts

Confused about one thing...

10 replies 3 views Edited May 4, 2007
Alright, may seem silly enough, but there is something I don't understand. After reading some of the information, it appears that you will have to pay for simple things. Buying furniture, equipment for the house, etc. Is this correct? Or did I just completely misunderstand what they were trying to say?

Guess I just wouldn't want to be nickel and dimed over having a TV in my house or not. Or, are they talking about fake money in the game? Straighten me out here guys, appreciate it!!

!
Message 1 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
616 posts

Re: Confused about one thing...

May 4, 2007

Viralblue wrote:
Alright, may seem silly enough, but there is something I don't understand. After reading some of the information, it appears that you will have to pay for simple things. Buying furniture, equipment for the house, etc. Is this correct? Or did I just completely misunderstand what they were trying to say?

Guess I just wouldn't want to be nickel and dimed over having a TV in my house or not. Or, are they talking about fake money in the game? Straighten me out here guys, appreciate it!!

You will be able to get furnitire, equipment etc. for free but there will be more furniture, equipment etc. that you will have to pay for.  Basically, you'll get simple items to use but if you want something better than what you have, you may have to pay for it.

PS3 owner since 12/7/06 | G.A.P member since 2004
PLAY B3YOND
Message 2 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 4, 2007
Hmmm... ok. Has there been a release of what kind've prices they are expecting? Don't think it would benefit anybody to have to pay $5.00 for a plasma TV

Message Edited by Viralblue on 05-03-2007 09:24 PM

!
Message 3 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
616 posts

May 4, 2007

Viralblue wrote:
Hmmm... ok. Has there been a release of what kind've prices they are expecting? Would think it would benefit anybody to have to pay $5.00 for a plasma TV

They haven't said anything about pricing but I couldn't imagine them charging more than a few bucks for most things.  Payign $5.00 for a Plasma TV in Home would be very beneficial to everyone.  Sony would get some money back (since they spent a lot of money developing Home and they lose money on every PS3 sold) and by Sony making money off of that, they will keep adding new things... some that are free and some that are "premium" items that you have to pay for.  At least with Home, you have a choice.  You don't HAVE to buy anything.

PLAY B3YOND
Message 4 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3471 posts

May 4, 2007
Message 5 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6915 posts

May 4, 2007
well, you could get free items from game developers and 3.0

<==========+==========>
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people
When you are born, you are crying and everyone around you is smiling. Live your life so that when you die you are smiling and everyone around you is crying.
<==========+==========>

Message 6 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
272 posts

May 4, 2007

anubisosirishades wrote:
well, you could get free items from game developers and 3.0

Yeah, things like special items for your room for when you beat a game or accomplish a specific goal will happen, that's for sure.
Message 7 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 4, 2007
Wow, thanks for the youtube link. That was a great video. I just came back from Ft.Knox (Army training) and it appears that I've missed alot. How long has Song been advertising Home? Also, a few more questions guys.

- The videos/music that plays in your home... are the other users able to see it/hear it?
- I see that alot of the videos they are playing are just trailers... will full length movies be allowed to play?

Very interesting and I certinaly see why I bought my PS3 now =) -- I'm still curious as to what those prices will be. Maybe Sony will release some sort of sheet for us to look at. Can't imagine they would seriously want more then a few bucks to get a "bigger" home. Less for the items as someone said above me.

::sigh:: Either way, Sony has certainly earned any buck I give them. Appreciate the quick feedback guys!

!
Message 8 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
616 posts

May 4, 2007

Viralblue wrote:
Wow, thanks for the youtube link. That was a great video. I just came back from Ft.Knox (Army training) and it appears that I've missed alot. How long has Song been advertising Home? Also, a few more questions guys.

- The videos/music that plays in your home... are the other users able to see it/hear it?
- I see that alot of the videos they are playing are just trailers... will full length movies be allowed to play?

Very interesting and I certinaly see why I bought my PS3 now =) -- I'm still curious as to what those prices will be. Maybe Sony will release some sort of sheet for us to look at. Can't imagine they would seriously want more then a few bucks to get a "bigger" home. Less for the items as someone said above me.

::sigh:: Either way, Sony has certainly earned any buck I give them. Appreciate the quick feedback guys!

Yes, other users can hear/see what you put in your apartment.  I'm not 100% sure but I believe you can watch full length movies as well.  Someone else that knows for sure, please confirm.

PLAY B3YOND
Message 9 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1324 posts

May 4, 2007
Alright, I'll try my best to make sure this is the last question. I notice that alot of people are upset because they didn't receive an invitation. Was this something you all had to apply for at a certain date or something? Will people who were not available still have an oppurtunity to test the beta? Or is this strictly for the people that applied for it and received some sort of acceptance letter.

No big deal really, but curious because like I said, I was at Ft.Knox driving tanks, and had no clue of this, lol.

Message Edited by Viralblue on 05-03-2007 10:09 PM

!
Message 10 of 11 (3 Views)
0 Likes