Ghost of Sparta
15807 posts

Re: Concrete info that Home is coming soon!!

Oct 22, 2008

Ladyhawke74 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

homeboy79 wrote:

As I was flipping through the Dec '08 issue of Playstation: The Official Magazine I decided to read a section I rarely ever do and usually just skip over, the Editor's Note. Well this time I'm sure glad that I took the time to read it because it was about PLaystation Home, and what mostly got me excited about this little article by the editor was when he was discussing the how important it was for the Home user to realize its future potential. He states, "But it's important to consider that the Home you see on day one(possibly aound the time you're reading this) will be a much more feature-light version of the one you'l inhabit three months later, six months after that...........".

Wait a minute, did he just say "that the Home we see on day one" will be.. "possibly around the time you're reading this"...... Now, common knowledge can tell you that he used the word "possibly" because there is no way he could predict when every, if in fact, anybody will read that article. But, given the fact that I just did read it and Home isn't out yet, this can only mean its just a matter of days before we see Home.

I hope you understand why the editor said "possibly around the time you're reading this" because it is quite obvious.  If you read enough gaming magazines, the smart guys say that as a "disclaimer" because you never know when people are going to be readint the article. 

Not just that, but look at the issue you are referencing.  DECEMBER 08.  We're not even in October yet.  The editor is forecasting.  

And just in case you didn't know yet... no one knows when.  I bet you the editor and every other magazine editor don't know yet.  And there is a good chance that Sony might not even know at the moment.  Just some advice, but don't look too far into the article.  You'll probably get burned.  But what do I know?

Did I miss something?

Edited.

And nope you didn't miss anything.  I must still be sick!

Message 21 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3032 posts

Oct 22, 2008

teddynlivia wrote:

Ladyhawke74 wrote:

teddynlivia wrote:

homeboy79 wrote:

As I was flipping through the Dec '08 issue of Playstation: The Official Magazine I decided to read a section I rarely ever do and usually just skip over, the Editor's Note. Well this time I'm sure glad that I took the time to read it because it was about PLaystation Home, and what mostly got me excited about this little article by the editor was when he was discussing the how important it was for the Home user to realize its future potential. He states, "But it's important to consider that the Home you see on day one(possibly aound the time you're reading this) will be a much more feature-light version of the one you'l inhabit three months later, six months after that...........".

Wait a minute, did he just say "that the Home we see on day one" will be.. "possibly around the time you're reading this"...... Now, common knowledge can tell you that he used the word "possibly" because there is no way he could predict when every, if in fact, anybody will read that article. But, given the fact that I just did read it and Home isn't out yet, this can only mean its just a matter of days before we see Home.

I hope you understand why the editor said "possibly around the time you're reading this" because it is quite obvious.  If you read enough gaming magazines, the smart guys say that as a "disclaimer" because you never know when people are going to be readint the article. 

Not just that, but look at the issue you are referencing.  DECEMBER 08.  We're not even in October yet.  The editor is forecasting.  

And just in case you didn't know yet... no one knows when.  I bet you the editor and every other magazine editor don't know yet.  And there is a good chance that Sony might not even know at the moment.  Just some advice, but don't look too far into the article.  You'll probably get burned.  But what do I know?

Did I miss something?

Edited.

And nope you didn't miss anything.  I must still be sick!

lol...I knew what you meant.

siggie
Message 22 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Oct 22, 2008

homeboy79 wrote:

People who say it's a rumor, just use that word too much, but I will say you may be reading into it a little too much, idk, but you're possibly correct because  the Home open beta is supposed to debut Q3 while it was also mentioned that the officially opening was in December.
If you can stand me for more than 5mins:
http://ixbleedxfire.tumblr.com/
Message 23 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Oct 22, 2008
This is pure speculation
I Love Taylor Swift!!!
Message 24 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6286 posts

Oct 22, 2008

Mr_X22 wrote:
lol its all rumors. But it is coming from Homeboy so maybe its true

contradiction much?
http://www.chaselester.com
Message 25 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1452 posts

Oct 22, 2008
I hope he's right.. for a change... we'll see
Message 26 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6405 posts

Oct 22, 2008

Hey guys if you want more information about a possible date go to the Japanese Home site, there is a press release that came out about the beta and the Japanese testers.

Oh wait I got the link to the press release.

Japanese Press Release <<<<Click here

Message 27 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
259 posts

Oct 22, 2008
i like your knowledge and Sony doesnt have to tell us when an Open beta is comin they could surprise us this thursday in the PS Store (i wish and hope! lol) but i do like the sound of what Buser is sayin there
Message 28 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2000 posts

Oct 22, 2008

Necrosan wrote:

The rumors keep getting lamer & lamer.

Don't these 14 year olds have anything better to do with their time?

The damn game will get here when it gets here. Stop speculating like a pervert and wait patiently like the millions that haven't posted lame information. 

First of all, I'm 29. Second, how does speculating have anything to do with being a pervert, Third, for the hundreth time, Home isn't a game. and.... Finaly, it seems to me that the only thing here thats lame is your arguement and credibility.

To answer other questions, the editor's name is Rob and he isn't some joe blow or even IGN, he's the editor of Playstation:The Official Magazine, I think I'm gonna give his words more meaning than others. If some of you paid enough attention you'd realize that I include the fact that the article is pre-dated. I'm pretty sure that the writers know when these mags come out (usually a month or so before the actual issued month, and it has been my exoereience that the december or "holiday" issues even come out earlier, which I think is the reason this one is out, IMO, earlier than usual).

Any other problems folks?

Message Edited by homeboy79 on 10-22-2008 01:17 PM

SUBSCRIBE: InWorldPix

WATCH:  Homeboy's How To

FOLLOW:  @InWorldPix

Message 29 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3471 posts

Oct 22, 2008
Yea sum1 posted this 2
Photobucket
------G.A.P Member Now!(September 07,2008)
Message 30 of 46 (1 View)
0 Likes